watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Touts

Started by LordFloyd, February 01, 2010, 03:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordFloyd

Why is more (anything) not done to crack down on the touts outside Putney Bridge and in Bishops Park, surely the police and club should be doing something about these w@nkers?

RidgeRider

uuuhhhh, what's a tout?  ???

Sorry, 'merican asking.  :o

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: RidgeRider on February 01, 2010, 03:19:07 PM
uuuhhhh, what's a tout?  ???

Sorry, 'merican asking.  :o
Scalper ? Someone who gets hold of spare/unwanted tickets and flogs them outside the ground, at extortionate prices if they can...

FatFreddysCat

They are scummy tossers that get hold of tickets then sell them on for a large profit to fans who couldn't get them through proper channels. Liverpool fans are well known for giving them a slap and taking the tickets, wish it would happpen at all grounds.

RidgeRider

LRCN

wait until after the game starts and you can get a cut price ticket, or so I've heard.

LBNo11

...it's a shame that the club don't use a scheme similar to 'Secret Shoppers' people who visit outlets posing as ordinary customers and report as to the service and prices they have received so that the outlets can check everything is in order.

If the club had a similar scheme, i.e. someone posing as a fan buys the ticket(s) from a tout then they check the numbers to see who the tickets were sold to originally and either give the a slap or remove them from their customer list.

After a while word would get around with the parasites and it may stop or reduce incidents...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Lighthouse

Secret Shoppers - that takes me back. My Mum  used to be one in the 70s. She used to  go round Supermarkets comparing prices ant the like. If I could keep the ticket I would do it for Fulham. If they paid for being cheated.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

finnster01

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 01, 2010, 04:30:22 PM
Secret Shoppers - that takes me back. My Mum  used to be one in the 70s. She used to  go round Supermarkets comparing prices ant the like. If I could keep the ticket I would do it for Fulham. If they paid for being cheated.
Mr Lighthouse,

I bet she wasn't as good at it as Harry Redknapp...

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jimpav

The worst bit is that they are not even good touts.

They even try and tout tickets when the match is not a sell out and tickets are available on the gate.

Logicalman

Quote from: Jimpav on February 01, 2010, 04:56:30 PM
The worst bit is that they are not even good touts.

They even try and tout tickets when the match is not a sell out and tickets are available on the gate.

Yeah, but it's the idiots that turn up to the A matches without tickets that cause the touts to be there. If there wasn't a market, there wouldn't be any touts.
I know that they deliberately target high-volume games, and so they can sell higher than ever, but, as mentioned here, unless the clubs are willing to note all ticket sales by reference AND are willing to coordinate with the Police or other security firm in buying the tickets and taking action required, we will always have this problem.

As far as buying from touts when there are still tickets available on the gate, well, you cannot legislate for pure stupidity, can you?  Apart from euthanasia, of course.  :P

LordFloyd

I would imagine if the club started taking ticket references, that would put off the touts, the club should also consider banning the original ticket holder, for a set number of games etc...

Working with the Police (plain clothed) the club could easily target and confiscate these tickets.

EdenRob

Co-incidently, I complained to the the police about the touts last Saturday. Some were blatantly standing so close to the exit of Putney Bridge Sta. that we were all having difficulty getting out. When I complained the copper said that there were plain clothes working the area, and that they dealt with that. He did ask me if I could point out anyone and I gladly showed him the fourth tout to approach me, who realising what was happening did a swift exit stage left. Just how many plains clothes there are goodness only knows, but obviously not enough.

The Doctor

Its too much hassle for the Police.  They'd much rather get their sniffer dogs to check everyone as they go through the turnstiles.  A far better use of Police resources

dancrawford

Sarah Brookes said Fulham had eliminated the ticket touting problem about two seasons ago. Clearly she doesn't take a look down Stevenage Road on a matchday.