Main Menu

NFR Arsene Wenger confronted by fan during Arsenal defeat

Started by Andy S, January 01, 2015, 07:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 02, 2015, 11:11:08 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 02, 2015, 04:58:14 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on January 01, 2015, 11:24:35 PM
Arsenal have underperformed for many years.

How true. How many consecutive years have they underperformed themselves into the Champions League? PLUS they haven't won the FA cup in SEVEN MONTHS!!!!!!!!  092.gif

Yes but that may be all very clever. But they haven't won anything and the FA Cup is not considered the mayor prize it once was. So if you are considered amongst the top teams in the Country and are happy to qualify for Champions League but go no further and all you have is an FA Cup to show for it. It is under performing.

Qualifying for the Champions League for Arsenal is like Fulham winning any cup match. It is good but we all expect to go further.

Totally agree there.

It was not more than a couple of seasons back that the main joke going round was about Arsenal selling their Trophy cabinet due to lack of use.

For a team as established as Arsenal have been for many decades now, the simple fact they have rarely fought for the Premier League title, or taken European silverware, is a reflection on their nice-and-easy approach. They always have been the conservative club when it comes to frugal ways

Even if they do qualify for Europe each year, runners up once is not really what you should expect from such a team, even Celtic managed to win it once, and they qualify as much as Arsenal!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

HatterDon

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on January 02, 2015, 12:02:44 PM
Quote from: K33NY on January 02, 2015, 11:33:55 AM
Wasnt that long ago some of our own fans went to a certain player at the car lot and bullied a certain player. There will allways be these kinds of people, unfortunately...

I bet it was'nt Horsfield !

Thanks for my best chuckle all day.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

I think you have to view Arsenal's success in a different light.  They consistently finish high up the table; they put good product on the pitch; and they are fiscally responsible in doing so.  Can you say that about Chelsea, ManU, ManCity?  The day of reckoning is coming for the over-spenders.  What's their relative cost-of-wins efficiency?  That is, points/payroll ratio?  My son, a longtime Arsenal fan, has soured on that club, claiming they make too much of a business model out of selling their homegrown talent, that they are both pinch pennies AND mortgagors of their future success.  Maybe so...  But assuming arguendo that is so, they still make Champions League, they still finish high, and they demand a style of play seen more on the continent than the island.  A style that, with one or more key players of quality, would have them winning the league. 

Logicalman

Quote from: Forever Fulham on January 02, 2015, 09:08:59 PM
I think you have to view Arsenal's success in a different light.  They consistently finish high up the table; they put good product on the pitch; and they are fiscally responsible in doing so.  Can you say that about Chelsea, ManU, ManCity?  The day of reckoning is coming for the over-spenders.  What's their relative cost-of-wins efficiency?  That is, points/payroll ratio?  My son, a longtime Arsenal fan, has soured on that club, claiming they make too much of a business model out of selling their homegrown talent, that they are both pinch pennies AND mortgagors of their future success.  Maybe so...  But assuming arguendo that is so, they still make Champions League, they still finish high, and they demand a style of play seen more on the continent than the island.  A style that, with one or more key players of quality, would have them winning the league. 

Totally agree. My brother-in-law, lifelong fan has the same gripes each week!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.