watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Arsene Wenger confronted by fan during Arsenal defeat

Started by Andy S, January 01, 2015, 07:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

You really do have to worry when things like this happen. It hasn't been an even playing field for many years buy there are people out there who expect Arsenal to win every game. There are people on this site who think the same way be it in a lower league. Of course money talks but fans have no right to demand success!

Blanco

Arsenal fans are fickle. Most fans of the top clubs are. Few weeks ago they hated Wenger. Then they won a game or two and they are singing his name again. Now they want him sacked. To be fair most football fans are like this.

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

Arsenal have underperformed for many years. They should want to be a top three side but are well behind being consistent. Yes being confronted by a fan is silly but the money tickets cost now. Fans feel they have a financial stake in the side they follow.

As for Fulham fans wanting to win every game. Well we too have underperformed because we sold all our players and relied on kids and overseas players with no experience in this league. So poor, stupid management has meant we are struggling.

The fans have plenty of chances to vent their frustration. Confronting managers is clearly wrong.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FPT

Society is at a stage where everything is quick, everything is on-demand, everything can be changed with the click of a button; and that's where the impatience, fickleness and lust for swift transformation comes from.

I find it frustrating to listen to the fickleness of supporters, but it's what society is.

Logicalman

Quote from: FPT on January 02, 2015, 12:28:44 AM
Society is at a stage where everything is quick, everything is on-demand, everything can be changed with the click of a button; and that's where the impatience, fickleness and lust for swift transformation comes from.

I find it frustrating to listen to the fickleness of supporters, but it's what society is.

Not all of society. Some of us who were here before the click-of-the-button generation and suffered the last drop from the top were not expecting anything like a rise back up this season - and still don't!!

In either case, it was a futile demonstration by a passionate fan who will now lose the right to see his team live again for many a year unfortunately.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

HatterDon

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 01, 2015, 11:24:35 PM
Arsenal have underperformed for many years.

How true. How many consecutive years have they underperformed themselves into the Champions League? PLUS they haven't won the FA cup in SEVEN MONTHS!!!!!!!!  092.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Twig

Quote from: HatterDon on January 02, 2015, 04:58:14 AM

How true. How many consecutive years have they underperformed themselves into the Champions League? PLUS they haven't won the FA cup in SEVEN MONTHS!!!!!!!!  092.gif
Haha you beat me to it, my thoughts exactly.  Wish Fulham were similar "underperformers".

Egham White

Talking of underperformers , nice to see Chelsea underperform yesterday, except Moaninho who performed just as normal  :031:
Everybody hurts sometime

Berserker

Yes Chelsea's performance made my day yesterdsy ha ha ha
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Snibbo

I went to an Arsenal match at the Emirates a few years ago. Never heard so much moaning from a bunch of home fans. And people getting up to buy a burger during the match. What an atmosphereless dump. I used to like Highbury though - proper ground.

RaySmith

They've always been an arrogant bunch -the 'aristocrats' of football- even at Highbury with the 'marble halls' and the bust of Herbert Chapman -but agree  Highbury was a proper football ground compared to the Emirates, and I have nostalgic memories of it, with that big clock at one end.

I remember going there to see Man U play, and many other games, and like all grounds, you just paid- small amount - at the turnstile-to get in, and now there is a waiting list for season tickets.

In nostalgic mood, I was just thinking with the recent death of Spurs'  Ron Henry - of going to see the Spurs  double winning team, including him, at Fulham. No crowd restrictions , and you paid at the turnstile, but in the Cottage we were packed in like sardines, you could hardly breathe - I think it was nearly 30,000 that day.

Lighthouse

Yes but that may be all very clever. But they haven't won anything and the FA Cup is not considered the mayor prize it once was. So if you are considered amongst the top teams in the Country and are happy to qualify for Champions League but go no further and all you have is an FA Cup to show for it. It is under performing.

Qualifying for the Champions League for Arsenal is like Fulham winning any cup match. It is good but we all expect to go further.

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: RaySmith on January 02, 2015, 09:10:35 AM
They've always been an arrogant bunch -the 'aristocrats' of football- even at Highbury with the 'marble halls' and the bust of Herbert Chapman -but agree  Highbury was a proper football ground compared to the Emirates, and I have nostalgic memories of it, with that big clock at one end.

I remember going there to see Man U play, and many other games, and like all grounds, you just paid- small amount - at the turnstile-to get in, and now there is a waiting list for season tickets.

In nostalgic mood, I was just thinking with the recent death of Spurs'  Ron Henry - of going to see the Spurs  double winning team, including him, at Fulham. No crowd restrictions , and you paid at the turnstile, but in the Cottage we were packed in like sardines, you could hardly breathe - I think it was nearly 30,000 that day.

Just looked it up Ray, 38,000  We got a 0-0 draw after losing 5-1 at WHL on Nov. 5th 56,210

K33NY

Wasnt that long ago some of our own fans went to a certain player at the car lot and bullied a certain player. There will allways be these kinds of people, unfortunately...

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: K33NY on January 02, 2015, 11:33:55 AM
Wasnt that long ago some of our own fans went to a certain player at the car lot and bullied a certain player. There will allways be these kinds of people, unfortunately...

I bet it was'nt Horsfield !

Twig

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 02, 2015, 11:11:08 AM

How true. How many consecutive years have they underperformed themselves into the Champions League? PLUS they haven't won the FA cup in SEVEN MONTHS!!!!!!!!  092.gif

Yes but that may be all very clever. But they haven't won anything and the FA Cup is not considered the mayor prize it once was. So if you are considered amongst the top teams in the Country and are happy to qualify for Champions League but go no further and all you have is an FA Cup to show for it. It is under performing.

Qualifying for the Champions League for Arsenal is like Fulham winning any cup match. It is good but we all expect to go further.
Qualify but go no further?  Qualified for the Champions League every year since 2000-01; 1 x Runners up, 1 SF, 4 QF, 6 R16.  That is not bad for a team of "underperformers" who qualify but go no further.

alfie

Quote from: Snibbo on January 02, 2015, 08:06:42 AM
I went to an Arsenal match at the Emirates a few years ago. Never heard so much moaning from a bunch of home fans. And people getting up to buy a burger during the match. What an atmosphereless dump. I used to like Highbury though - proper ground.

I guess if you go to home games you don't notice the hundreds that leave their seats 5/10 mins before half time, I sit at the end of my row in Hammersmith and I am up and down up and down.

I like the Emirates, I do not have any issues with it, and what exactly is a "proper ground", once upon a time it was just a patch of grass with white lines around it, was that a proper ground?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

Arsenal have always been considered in that elite group. They spend big but not in the same way Chelscum and City have. But still do pretty well. The reason their supporters feel they have underachieved is they have won very little compared to the others. Man Utd and Liverpool are the other elites in the Prem.

It is no good qualifying for the Champions League sitting back and saying that is as good as it is going to get. However many ways you say it, Arsenal have underachieved for the elite club in the Prem. Which is why Wenger is criticised by many Arsenal fans.

For a club Fulham's size this may well be a mystery. But if you are an Arsenal fan it does make sense.

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 02, 2015, 01:19:51 PM
Arsenal have always been considered in that elite group. They spend big but not in the same way Chelscum and City have. But still do pretty well. The reason their supporters feel they have underachieved is they have won very little compared to the others. Man Utd and Liverpool are the other elites in the Prem.

It is no good qualifying for the Champions League sitting back and saying that is as good as it is going to get. However many ways you say it, Arsenal have underachieved for the elite club in the Prem. Which is why Wenger is criticised by many Arsenal fans.

For a club Fulham's size this may well be a mystery. But if you are an Arsenal fan it does make sense.
thats without mentioning that there season tickets are the dearest in the prem. id want a little more if i were paying more than the rest
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.