watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are our midfield problems over??

Started by JackyFulham90, January 01, 2015, 10:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Good decision by the club to recall Alex Kacaniklic & Ryan Tunnicliffe.
This has really strengthened our midfield & should seal us a mid table finish.
Are we now covered in midfield for the season?

Parker, Christensen,  Hyndman, Tunnicliffe,  Fofana
Ruiz, Eisfield,  David
Roberts, G Williams,  Kacaniklic

Obviously there are question marks over David & Ruiz but as it stands our midfield is looking decent. We now need to focus on strengthening the back 4.

FPT

No, we still don't have anybody that can be the hub of our team. We don't have that player that can dictate the game of football.

@jolslover

Diego Poyet on loan from West Ham, That is the answer.
STH H3

FPT

Quote from: @jolslover on January 01, 2015, 11:00:46 PM
Diego Poyet on loan from West Ham, That is the answer.

Buying Diego Poyet would be an answer, but we can't loan in another kid.

That's me saying that, you know how much I love Diego.

MJG

No,  I still think we need a central defensive midfielder. I'm not sure Tunniclffe is the answer for that position as I think he has other skill sets.
Ideally someone 25-28 years old who can replace Parker going into end of season and then start 15/16

Deanothefulhamfan

I said before the window opened that I would be delighted, if the only business we did was to recall some of our loan players.

Kaca gives us genuine width, and tunnicliffe adds bite to our midfield. I think he could easily slot into the cdm role, which we have been searching for.

I would rather Hyndman played instead of Fofana, but Fofana could be a good player to bring on from the bench.

colinwhite

We need a strong holding midfielder . If ruiz goes we need to replace him ,and neither Tunnicliffe nor kaka can do that .

Egham White

Stevie G says he wants a challenge. Doesn't get more challenging than this  :Get Coat gif:
Everybody hurts sometime

MJG

Quote from: Egham White on January 02, 2015, 09:53:09 AM
Stevie G says he wants a challenge. Doesn't get more challenging than this  :Get Coat gif:
He says he does not want to play for someone who could challenge Liverpool, so off to Man City it is.

I already have my coat thanks.

alfie

I have come to the conclusion that no matter who the club bring in someone somewhere on here will say he is the wrong player.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

hovewhite

Quote from: alfie on January 02, 2015, 10:34:58 AM
I have come to the conclusion that no matter who the club bring in someone somewhere on here will say he is the wrong player.

alfie that's these dam message boards for you.

Reznor

Great move to bring these players back I reckon. If Khan doesn't splash much cash at least we have these in our squad.

grandad

Our problem is having to play Fofana. He contributes very little. Makes our other MF have to do more to cover him. Sooner he goes back the better.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

Quote from: hovewhite on January 02, 2015, 11:57:39 AM
Quote from: alfie on January 02, 2015, 10:34:58 AM

alfie that's these dam message boards for you.

People have different opinions shocker. It would be very boring if we all thought the same thing. Places like FOF would be a desert of 'I agree', 'good point',' couldn't put it better myself'. Brian Dear was a good player and doesn't deserve the stick he gets. Forfana on the other hand.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Whitesideup

Quote from: grandad on January 02, 2015, 01:22:36 PM
Our problem is having to play Fofana. He contributes very little. Makes our other MF have to do more to cover him. Sooner he goes back the better.
Been away so I may have missed something. Surely the loan contract cannot specify that we are obliged to start a player, or bring him on as sub? I also missed the Brighton game, but saw him at Bournemouth where his contribution was not great. 

filham

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 01, 2015, 10:34:27 PM
Good decision by the club to recall Alex Kacaniklic & Ryan Tunnicliffe.
This has really strengthened our midfield & should seal us a mid table finish.
Are we now covered in midfield for the season?

Parker, Christensen,  Hyndman, Tunnicliffe,  Fofana
Ruiz, Eisfield,  David
Roberts, G Williams,  Kacaniklic

Obviously there are question marks over David & Ruiz but as it stands our midfield is looking decent. We now need to focus on strengthening the back 4.
And Stayfylidis was looking pretty good in the wide left spot until he had to fill the gap at left back, Also Zverotic has played as a defensive midfielder.

Now if I was chairman I would be saying to the manager we can't afford to have a dozen or more players on the wage bill to fill four midfield spots, and don't even think of new players until you have reduced the squad number significantly.

Andy S

Unfortunately contracts always expire in June so letting players go this time of year won't mean we are not paying their wages unless we transfer them out to another club. So Khan may still need to dip into his pocket