more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (03/01/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 02, 2015, 05:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Wolves fans deserve a cup of cheer, says Kenny Jackett
Kenny Jackett has called on Wolves to deliver a performance to match their support in the FA Cup at Fulham tomorrow.

Wolves are set to be backed by a strong away following at Craven Cottage, with the club having already sold 1,600 tickets earlier this week for the third round encounter.

And Jackett is determined to see them go home happy as he promised his team will be taking the competition seriously.

"The response from the Wolves supporters is great – 1,600 tickets sold already which is terrific," he said. "It shows you what they think about the FA Cup.

"It's up to us to make sure we put on a performance that warrants that type of support.

"We've been down there once to Fulham already, so we know what the game will be about. It's a great game to play in and one we're looking forward to."

Jackett must make tweaks with Kevin McDonald suspended and teenage defender Kortney Hause cup-tied, having featured in the competition while on loan at Gillingham.

But he will name his best available team, adding: "I'm not going to make unnecessary changes or experiment. It's going to be the best side I feel can play.

"Hopefully we can...keep playing well and trying to get results whether it be the FA Cup or the league.

"One competition can flow into the other and the side can hopefully settle down and get into a really good rhythm."

Wolves were 1-0 Championship winners at Fulham in August. But the Cottagers have enjoyed a resurgence under new boss Kit Symons.

"They were actually bottom after eight games and we played them early on," said Jackett.

"Since then they have pulled up to halfway, put on some very good performances."

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2015/01/02/wolves-fans-deserve-a-cup-of-cheer-says-kenny-jackett/?

WhiteJC

Next Up: Wolverhampton Wanderers

Fulham's FA Cup campaign kicks off on Saturday, so we take a look ahead to our meeting with Wolves at Craven Cottage.

The opposition

Despite suffering from inconsistency at times, Wolverhampton Wanderers can be pleased with how they've fared in their first half a season back in the second tier.

Having lost just twice in their opening 15 Sky Bet Championship matches (during which time they claimed a 1-0 triumph over Fulham at Craven Cottage) they sat fourth in the standings, but things turned sour for a spell thereafter.

Five defeats on the spin curtailed their progress as they dropped into the bottom half of the table, although they succeeded in ending the calendar year on a high by picking up 10 points from their last four games, including impressive wins over high-flying Watford and Brentford.

Having been a League One side last term, Wolves entered the FA Cup in its infancy and subsequently went out to Oldham Athletic following a Replay in the First Round.

Team news

Tommy Rowe has undergone surgery on a broken metatarsal.

Rowe picked up the injury after coming off the bench against Watford a week ago, and is likely to be sidelined for approximately three months.

The 26-year-old has made 14 appearances since arriving from Peterborough United last summer.

Meanwhile, Wolves boss Kenny Jackett has confirmed his side will not be extending the loan of striker Danny Graham.

Graham scored one goal in five appearances during his seven-week spell at Molineux from Sunderland.

But Wolves striker Jake Cassidy has returned to his parent club following his loan spell at League One side Notts County.

Cassidy played 20 times for Shaun Derry's men, scoring four goals.

Inside the camp

Jack Price is hoping Wolves can embark on a decent run in this year's FA Cup competition.

"It would be nice to get a good cup run and getting through a few rounds would help confidence levels in the league as well," said price. "It's going to be a tough game at Fulham but it's one we're looking forward to.

"It's a competition with so much history, and even though it's an all-Championship tie I'm sure it will be a good occasion."

Elsewhere, Richard Stearman believes Wolves' festive form has put them right back into Play-Off contention in the Championship.

Back-to-back wins over Brentford and Watford have moved them up to eighth place, just three points off the top six.

"All a sudden we're looking up the league, thinking of the Play-Offs," said Stearman.

"It has put us right back in the mix. We've had a good four games now and all of a sudden we're looking up.

"It sums the Championship up. You put a string of results together and you fly back up the league. We're getting back to where we feel we should be."

Player to watch

Bakary Sako: A powerful forward who is equally dangerous playing on the wing, in the hole or up front, Bakary Sako has again been a key performer for Wolves this season. Scorer of 12 goals as they won the title last year, he's already got seven to his name in 2014/15. His purple patch for the campaign came in October when he netted in every game he played, although he hasn't scored since. One of those seven came at Craven Cottage in August when he grabbed the winner, and he could have doubled his tally late on only to see his stoppage-time penalty saved by Jesse Joronen. Having been called up to Mali's Africa Cup of Nations squad, he'll be a big miss for Wolves during his time away later this month.

Marathonbet match odds

Fulham: 7/5

Draw: 5/2

Wolves: 21/10

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/january/02/next-up-wolves?

WhiteJC

#getcarriedaway

BBC Sport is once again asking football supporters to share their FA Cup experiences this weekend by capturing magical moments from the Third Round.

Fans are requested to upload pictures and videos to social media, chronicling their journeys to and from matches, using the hashtag #getcarriedaway, to join in.

The best of the content sent in will be used across the BBC's FA Cup coverage this weekend and may be featured across a range of broadcast, website and social media coverage; whether that's pictures and videos on a supporters' bus, in the pub singing songs, celebrating victories on and off the pitch, or recreating some of the action on a local park pitch.

The Fourth Round draw will be part of the AFC Wimbledon v Liverpool coverage on Monday 5th January at 7.30pm on BBC One, BBC Radio 5 live and via the BBC Sport website.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/january/02/getcarriedaway?

WhiteJC

Jackett To Field Strongest Team

Gaffer believes in value of FA Cup

Kenny Jackett today vowed to play his strongest team at Fulham tomorrow (3pm) as Wolves target a run in this year's FA Cup.

Jackett reached the semi finals of the competition during his final season at Millwall, losing to eventual winners Wigan at Wembley, and believes the response of the Wolves fans to the third round tie at their Championship rivals proves the competition has lost none of its magic.

Wolves sold out of their initial allocation of 1,600 tickets, and have been selling more ahead of the trip to Craven Cottage tomorrow.

"I'm looking forward to the game," said Jackett.

"The response from the Wolves supporters is great - 1,600 tickets sold already which is terrific and it shows you what they think about the FA Cup.

"It's up to us to make sure we put on a performance that warrants that type of support.

"We've been down there once to Fulham already so we know what the game will be about.

"It's a great game to play in and one we're looking forward to.

"In my last year at Millwall we got to the semi final and that was played at Wembley and we lost to the eventual winners who were Wigan - they beat Man City in the final.

"Financially it was great for the club to get through to that and it was fantastic for me and the players as well to be able to get through to a Wembley occasion like that.

"I've been there in play off finals but it was great to get there in the FA Cup.

"It is a good opportunity to pit your wits later on against some of the big boys if you can get those type of draws and then ultimately to play at Wembley - that's the ultimate dream."

Jackett will be missing the suspended Kevin McDonald and cup-tied Kortney Hause tomorrow, but otherwise will select his strongest line-up believing the gap between fixtures also means his players will once again be raring to go after a decent finish to 2014.

"For all of us we want to keep our run going," he says.

"We want to really try in the second half of the season to build on what we've done.

"I'm not going to make unnecessary changes or experiment - it's going to be the best side I feel to play on that particular day.

"Hopefully we can be as consistent as we possibly can in our performances and keep playing well and trying to get results whether it be the FA Cup or the league.

"One competition can flow into the other and the side can hopefully settle down and get into a really good rhythm.

"This is a terrific competition and it is one I personally would enjoy doing well in."

One thing Jackett does expect is a different proposition to the Fulham side faced earlier in the season when Bakary Sako struck the winning goal.

Fulham now have a new manager in Kit Symons, and have moved away from the foot of the Sky Bet Championship table.

"We went there in the early season when there was a different manager at Fulham," says Jackett.

"They were actually bottom after eight games and we played them early on.

"Since then they have pulled up to halfway, put on some very good performances, and probably with the quality in their squad, are probably doing it justice now."

Read more at http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/jackett-to-field-strongest-team-2176911.aspx#J5L7U0Wd51w7cz4v.99

WhiteJC

The American Dream

Emerson Hyndman arrived on these shores at the age of 15. Three years later and he's a regular member of Fulham's First Team squad. He may be small in stature, but the American midfielder has a big future.

To date, Hyndman has made 11 appearances for Fulham this term, the last coming in the disappointing 2-0 defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion on Monday.

"Considering where I was last year, I am surprised to have played so many games this season," admitted Hyndman to Saturday's matchday programme. "I hadn't even really been in the Under-21 squad last season but I had a good FA Youth Cup run and the previous manager Felix Magath saw me play and told me he wanted me in his plans.

"I felt I did well in pre-season and then I got a few starts at the beginning of the campaign. I also got my national team debut within a month so it all happened very quickly. I'm pleased with the opportunities I've had this year, for sure."

The Brighton game wasn't one to live long in the memory as the struggling Seagulls took all three points with two second-half goals on a bitterly cold night at the Cottage. Hyndman was substituted shortly after the hour mark.

"It was obviously disappointing," he said. "We had spells in the game that were good but we didn't play to the standard we'd set ourselves. We'll be much better against Wolverhampton Wanderers I'm sure but some days things just don't go for you and that was one of them.

"It wasn't my best game. I've been in and out of the side of late so I just try to do my best in training, keep my head up and when I do get back in the team, try and give a good performance."

To read the full interview with Hyndman, get your hands on a copy of the matchday programme against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday.

Other exclusive highlights in the only matchday magazine that matters - which is also available to download digitally from 9am on Saturday - are:

Kit Symons pens his programme notes
Seko Fofana answers your questions via our social media channels
Ex-Wolves striker Nathan Blake looks back on his time at Molineux
We recall Fulham's 1994 FA Cup meeting with Ashford Town
Foday Nabay is profiled in 'Through The Ranks'
And Les Strong brings fans his latest column

Priced £3, the 68-page publication is available from various sellers on Stevenage Road from two hours before kick-off. Fans can also save money by taking out a season subscription. Head here for more details.

The programme is also available as an app with added video content from 9am on Saturday, so whether you're at home or away, you need never be without it on your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PC or Mac via Apple's Newsstand. The programme is also available via the Pocketmags app on Kindle Fire and Blackberry Playbook. You can subscribe for the whole season for the digital edition for just £24.99 or buy a single issue for £1.99.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/january/02/the-american-dream?

WhiteJC

Wolverhampton Wanderers: Rajiv van La Parra could miss FA Cup trip to Fulham after suffering concussion

Wolves definitely without suspended Kevin McDonald and cup-tied Kortney Hause

Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Rajiv van La Parra is a doubt for tomorrow's FA Cup trip to Fulham after suffering mild concussion.

He sustained a minor head injury in Sunday's win over Brentford and Kenny Jackett won't risk him unless he has made a full recovery.

"The only injury news is that van La Parra has a very slight concussion," said the Wolves boss. "We will see if that clears up in the next day.

"I'm certainly one who listens to the experts and we will deal with them over the next three days. We'll see how he feels, but we won't take any chances.

"We will listen to the medical department. He has played very well.

"His response to going up front has been very good.

"With his pace and his power he has been an asset for us and helped to turn around our form."

At Craven Cottage, Wolves will definitely be without Kevin McDonald, banned for one game after his sending-off against Brentford, and Kortney Hause, cup-tied having played in the competition on loan at Gillingham.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolverhampton-wanderers-rajiv-van-la-8373191?

WhiteJC

Exclusive – Dyche blames Fulham for Burnley transfer woes

Burnley manager Sean Dyche has blamed Fulham for his side's lack of transfer activity last summer and insisted he won't spend big in January because he fears it could ruin the club financially.

The Clarets were fairly quiet in the last transfer window ahead of their return to the Premier League, signing eight players with three of them costing nothing.

But with a paper-thin squad being exposed by three injuries in their 3-3 draw with Newcastle, Dyche told talkSPORT that his work in the marketplace was several disrupted by the Championship side's £11million swoop for Ross McCormack, which saw asking prices for players rise dramatically.

And Dyche has reiterated he is unwilling to spend big when the winter window opens for fear of destabilising Burnley's long-term future.

He told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: "The fact of the matter is we've been in the market the whole time. We showed a little bit in the summer and spent £7million on six or seven players, which I appreciate is not a fortune in the Premier League but it is in the world of Burnley.

"The simple challenge we have got is that the market has run away this year. Since the [Ross] McCormack deal to Fulham the market has run away. We were in for a number of players who we felt could operate at this level, some coming in from the Championship, but the numbers were unbelievable.

"We tried signing players from clubs who, with all due respect to our own, are actually bigger [than Burnley], in terms of the history. They have bigger backers. They go in for a player and all of a sudden it [the price] has escalated beyond the world that we live in and then you've got the wages to boot.

"We could [spend money] but it would ruin the club for the next 30 years, we've seen that so many times. It [our spending] has to be balanced. Yes, we're in the market. We're already making lines of communication with certain parties and if we think we can get things done that we think can affect the group, then we will do.

"But on the other hand if it puts the club at risk going forward [we won't do a deal], bearing in mind a year ago we had to sell Charlie Austin. No choice. We had to sell him to make the club work.

"It's challenging for me as a manager because you want good players, and you want players who can enhance your chance of being in the Premier League. On the other hand though I'm not in the business of ruining clubs. My job is to help build the club."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-dyche-blames-fulham-burnley-transfer-woes-150102130680#OWRU79tevDepjqiT.99

WhiteJC

Craven Corner: Fulham's sorry end to 2014 means it is now Kit's time to shine

So 2014 is now over and that's 28 points from 24 games, far from promotion or even play-off form in all honesty and to lose two on the bounce was disappointing to say the least.

No offence to Brighton, but given their managerial instability and poor start to the season we should have seen that game as three points in the bag, but we were poor. We massively missed Bryan Ruiz & Lasse Vigen Christensen, two players who have been vital in our midfield this season. Bryan Ruiz may have had his critics throughout his time at Fulham but there's no doubting his creativity and positioning creates so much space for other players.

So with promotion off the cards this season, what does 2015 bring for the Fulham faithful?

Well, in an ideal world I would like to see Kostas Stafylidis signed on a permanent basis so it could provide some consistency to a back four. Yes, I agree that he still has a lot to learn but he is a constant threat down the left side going forward and if we are going to remain playing a diamond formation, he will provide the width. The other side of defence will be one of constant change over the new year with Jack Grimmer trying to nail down the position but with the return of Tim Hoogland it could see the young lad being used in a rotation system. At the heart of the defence we have seen numerous partnerships that haven't worked and whilst Shaun Hutchinson and Nikolay Bodurov have been fairly solid over the festive period, Dan Burn will be wanting to win his way back into the starting eleven. I would like to see Bodurov pushed to right back with Burn & Hutch becoming the central partnership considering the issues we face at right back at the moment. This to me, would be the sensible solution but with no real chance of promotion this season, it allows many players the chance to prove themselves in a variety of systems and ideas without any real pressure.

We do have two players already returning to the squad in January in Ryan Tunnicliffe and Alexander Kacaniklic. Both players will have a huge impact in midfield for us in 2015. First of all, Ryan Tunnicliffe is a player who possesses a high work-rate whenever he is on the pitch and with that tenacity in the centre of the pitch we should be able to shift it from defence to attack with more energy and tempo. Furthermore, he will not be afraid to do the dirty work that is asked of a midfielder and whilst I appreciate Scott Parker as our captain and for the career he has had, Tunnicliffe can be provide the heartbeat of the side should super Scott need a rest. Alexander Kacanklic's return was something as a shock to me if I'm truly honest. The reason being is that he is out and out winger and I doubt that will ever change, but having natural wingers is something we haven't used this term with the narrow 4-4-2 system Kit has implemented. Whilst the return of Kacaniklic will provide width, this could be an indication that Kit wants to change things now he has the transfer window to help mould his squad.

No doubt about it, Motspur Park will be incredibly busy over January with many players leaving the club and many new faces arriving. Many players leaving the door have been mentioned in recent articles and if this is the transfer window that we lose Bryan Ruiz, I will be sad to see the Costa Rican leave. So if you do leave Fulham this month, thank you for your service and moments of magic Bryan.

I did believe we had a ready-made replacement for Bryan Ruiz in Chris David at the start of the season, especially after his performance in our last Premier League game against Crystal Palace. The young Dutchman looked full of talent and when Felix Magath insisted he was staying, I was hoping he would become the main playmaker. Sadly, it seems he is not in favour with our new manager, Kit Symons for one reason or another and a return to Dutch football seems likely. He'll be another young star that has managed to get away and I don't need to remind anyone of Muamer Tankovic who escaped us in the summer, what a player that boy has become with AZ Alkmaar.

What mustn't happen is that we lose Hugo Rodallega this month, especially considering how important his partnership with Ross McCormack is this season. They have simply won games for us alone and if we failed to extend Hugo's deal at the club we would be in trouble. Whilst, we can all dream and hope that Kostas Mitroglou would one day become a Fulham regular, his 7 goals in 11 games for Olympiacos this season will probably see him return to Greece on a permanent deal. We are very striker heavy at the moment with Adam Taggart returning to match fitness and will pushing for a starting place too which leaves us with Dembele, Woodrow, McCormack, Taggart, Rodallega, Smith. We could potentially loan out Dembele or Woodrow, but it does look like Matt Smith will make a permanent switch to Bristol City or another club this window.

As mentioned in previous articles, I do expect Adil Chihi, Dino Fazlic, Mark Fotheringham, Kay Voser to leave the club on loans or permanent deals if they can be secured this month. This will trim the squad down, which is what is needed after Felix Magath's hoarding of players over the summer. I do predict that it will be a big second half of the season for the likes of Thomas Eisfeld should Chris David and Bryan Ruiz, providing the talented German with the chance to play in his desired position. Tiago Casasola will most likely get the chance in a few games to show Kit Symons he is ready for the step up to the senior squad after some impressive reserve matches.

Whatever happens, supporting Fulham really is a rollercoaster and January will be no exception, plenty of changes will be made but this is the chance that Kit has wanted for so long and with Shahid Khan's financial muscle it could be a turning point for our club.

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/fulham/craven_corner_fulham_s_sorry_end_to_2014_means_it_is_now_kit_s_time_to_shine_1_3903621

WhiteJC

Kit's Wolves Preview

Kit Symons has vowed to field a full-strength team when Fulham host Wolverhampton Wanderers in the FA Cup Third Round on Saturday (3pm).

The competition is dear to Symons' heart and after two straight defeats for his men in the league, the boss is keen to see his side return to winning ways.

"It's something we'll take very, very seriously," he said. "I'll field a strong team. I respect the competition and I've got some great memories of the FA Cup as a player. I still think there is that magic about the FA Cup.

"We've played Wolves already in the league but Saturday will be different. I'm looking forward to it. They're a very strong powerful team and our squad of players isn't the most physical but we'll roll our sleeves up and be willing to fight.

"There will be a couple of changes, not many. It's not like we have a midweek game coming up so I'll treat it like any other match and I'll put out the best team we've got. We want to get back to winning ways and put in a good performance.

"We've lost two on the bounce and I'm not particularly happy with that situation. You don't want to make it three on the spin but we're not pressing the panic button. We'll put a team out that's capable and I'm expecting them to go and get a result."

Symons has been boosted ahead of the game by the news that Bryan Ruiz will be available for selection, while Lasse Vigen Christensen could also be in line to return ahead of schedule. The pair missed Monday's 2-0 defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion through injury.

"Bryan is back fully fit now," stated Kit. "He had a nerve problem which made him unavailable for Monday night. We tried him just before the game but unfortunately he wasn't quite right.

"Surprisingly, Lasse trained on Friday. I didn't think for one minute he'd be fit but he's incredibly keen to play and be involved. We'll wait and see if there's any reaction but he could well feature."

On the subject of Christensen, Symons was quick to quash media reports linking the Dane with a move away from the Club in this month's transfer window.

"It won't be happening," said Symons. "He's really enjoying it at Fulhaml; he's thriving and playing some great football and improving all the time. We love having him."

With the January window now open, Symons confirmed he is looking to add to his squad, although the Whites' numbers have already been swelled by the early returns of Alexander Kačaniklić and Ryan Tunnicliffe from their loan spells at FC Copenhagen and Blackburn Rovers respectively.

"Ryan and Alex have come back in and they both bring Championship experience, which is something we haven't got an abundance of," said Symons. "They'll fit in with our group and the way we do things at Fulham. They'll make us better as a group and it's a massive boost for us.

"We've got a few targets in different positions. The January market can be a tricky one but there's no rush or urgency. If we can get the right people in, then brilliant. I'd love to have the best group of players available. Any time we can strengthen the squad, I'll look to do it but it has to be right for the Club.

"[Chief Football Officer] Mike Rigg has come in with good ideas and opinions on people. He's got a lot of experience. Mike coming in now won't slow down the process, if anything he'll get things speeded up.

"To see everything he can bring working fully will take time but if we just maybe sign one player in this window who's the right player, then I'll be delighted. If it's not, then we'll crack on and do the best job we can."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/january/02/kits-wolves-preview?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Wolves preview
Fulham will be without Lasse Vigen Christensen when they host Championship rivals Wolves in the FA Cup.

Lasse Vigen Christensen: Suffered a hamstring injury

The Danish midfielder has a hamstring injury which forced him to miss Monday night's 2-0 home defeat by Brighton.

Costa Rican forward Bryan Ruiz will be checked over after he failed a late fitness test ahead of the Seagulls' visit.

Ryan Tunnicliffe has returned from his loan spell at Blackburn but is not eligible to play while Tim Hoogland (hernia) and Fernando Amorebieta (knee) are still injured.

Wolves will be without Kevin McDonald for the trip through suspension.

The Scottish midfielder must serve a one-match ban after being sent off for two bookable offences in last weekend's Championship win over Brentford.

Striker Bakary Sako will be available before joining up with Mali for African Nations Cup duty, but defender Scott Golbourne has only played one game since early October due to a foot problem.

Danny Graham has returned to Sunderland following the end of a loan spell which saw him score one goal in five games but end up as an unused substitute in his last two matches.

http://www.football365.com/match/3794233/preview?

WhiteJC

Crystal Palace miss out on former Tottenham and Fulham man who nears Derby move

Derby are closing in on the signing of Aston Villa striker Darren Bent, London24Sport understands.

Bent was due for talks with Rams head coach Steve McClaren on Friday, ahead of a proposed loan deal until the end of the season.

Out of favour at Villa Park four years after arriving from Sunderland in a club record £24million deal, Bent has only recently returned to the midlands from a loan spell with Derby's Championship rivals Brighton.

The 30-year-old scored two goals in five matches for the Seagulls and stated he was open to remaining at the AMEX Stadium. However, it is thought the prospect of joining a club who are serious contenders for promotion to the Premier League is more appealing.

Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew was hoping to bring Bent in to bolster his weak strikeforce, but is now looking elsewhere.

Derby, third in the Championship table, hope Bent will make his Rams debut against Ipswich on January 10.

Bent, who has 13 England caps, has made eight appearances for Villa this season - seven of them as a substitute.

He has scored 25 goals in 72 games since moving to Villa Park in January 2011, but he has regularly been overlooked by current manager Paul Lambert and spent last season on loan at Fulham.

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/crystal-palace/crystal_palace_miss_out_on_former_tottenham_and_fulham_man_who_nears_derby_move_1_3903761

WhiteJC

Fulham v Wolves

FA CUP THIRD ROUND
Venue: Craven Cottage Date: Saturday, 3 January Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Coverage: Updates on BBC WM and BBC Radio 5 live, text/report on BBC Sport website, Final Score

Fulham are without midfielder Lasse Vigen Christensen (hamstring) and defenders Tim Hoogland (hernia) and Fernando Amorebieta (knee).

Ryan Tunnicliffe has returned from a loan at Blackburn but is ineligible and Bryan Ruiz will undergo a fitness test.

Wolves are without suspended midfielder Kevin McDonald and forward Rajiv Van La Parra is a doubt following concussion.

Kortney Hause is cup-tied but striker Bakary Sako is available before joining Mali for Africa Cup of Nations duty.

Fulham v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Fulham have lost just two of their last 10 FA Cup matches at home (W6 D2).
Fulham have won three of the last nine matches against Wolves.
Wolves haven't won away in the FA Cup in London since beating Crystal Palace in 1979.
Wolves have won just one of their last 10 FA Cup matches (W1 D4 L5).

After two defeats in a row for Fulham in the league, manager Kit Symons  is keen for his side return to winning ways.

"It's something we'll take very, very seriously," he said. "I'll field a strong team. I respect the competition and I've got some great memories of the FA Cup as a player. I still think there is that magic about the FA Cup."

Wolves beat Fulham 1-0 earlier this season in the Championship thanks to a goal from Sako and won both of their games over the Christmas period.

Manager Kenny Jackett  said: "We want to really try in the second half of the season to build on what we've done. I'm not going to make unnecessary changes or experiment - it's going to be the best side I feel to play on that particular day."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30608396

Admin

Fulham 1930s Retro Football Shirt:
This famous shirt was worn at the Cottage in a friendly in 1934 between Fulham and FC Austria. This classic shirt is long sleeved and made from drill cotton.

Click here to view @ Toffs >>

WhiteJC

Fulham boss rules out Christensen sale

Fulham manager Kit Symons has insisted there is no prospect of the club selling Lasse Vigen Christensen this month.

Aston Villa have been linked with a move for the 20-year-old Danish midfielder, who has five goals and five assists to his name from 18 league appearances this season. There has also been speculation that QPR are interested.

Symons said the Whites are ready to reject any approach made during the transfer window.

He said: "It won't be happening. He's really enjoying it at Fulham.

"He's thriving and playing some great football and improving all the time. We love having him."

Christensen missed Monday's home defeat against Brighton through injury and was not expected to be fit for the FA Cup third-round tie with Wolves on Saturday.

However, he trained on Friday and could be in contention for a surprisingly swift return to the side.

Symons said: "I didn't think for one minute he'd be fit but he's incredibly keen to play and be involved.

"We'll wait and see if there's any reaction, but he could well feature."

Bryan Ruiz also missed the Brighton game but is available to face Wolves.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/football-wls-fulham-boss-rules-out-midfielder-exit-after-aston-villa-and-qpr-are-linked

WhiteJC

Wolves Blog stops by to answer three questions

Wolves Blog, it's a blog about Wolves. Who better to answer our questions for this FA Cup tie.

Cottagers Confidential: Wolves currently sit in 10th place going into the busy Holiday stretch. But They've only one won game in their last eight. How do you feel about the league form right now and what do you think the strategy is going to be for the FA Cup?

Wolves Blog: Christmas has been productive and we've picked up 10 points from 4 matches having lost 5 in a row before that. Things look like they're going in the right direction again and confidence is returning. I hope Kenny Jackett will pick out best team because we're long, long, long overdue a decent cup run. Realistically, what's the point of supporting a team like Wolves or Fulham if you're not even going to try in the cups? It's our only realistic chance of winning major honours.
CC: Kenny Jacket seems to have a reputation for getting teams promoted. How has he done as the Wolverhampton manager and what do the supporters think about him?

WB: He's surpassed all expectations. Completely rebuilt the team last season and won the league with record points. This season has been a bumpier ride, but we're closer to the top than the bottom and still in with a chance of the play-offs. Some of the summer signings weren't great, but generally we're going in the right direction. I think he'll get us up into the Premier, if given enough time and backing.
CC: Fulham have been linked to Bakary Sako many times before in the past, but what other players should Fulham be on the lookout for?

WB: His compatriot Nouha Dicko is a wonderful talent. Powerful, fast and a good finisher, he's a handful for most defences. It's no surprise that our dip in form coincided with his absence from the team. He's back now though and the results have improved immediately.
CC: If you could predict a lineup and result.

WB: Hopefully our best team so:

Ikeme
Iorfa
Batth
Stearman
Hause
Price
Evans
Edwards
Sako
van La Parra
Dicko

Fulham are a tough side to quantify and our recent record in cup competitions is woeful, so I'll sit on the fence and predict a replay - 1-1

Best of luck for the season guys.

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2015/1/2/7460841/wolves-blog-stops-by-to-answer-three-questions

WhiteJC

Fulham star Bryan Ruiz returns to fitness for Wolves FA Cup tie

Costa Rican missed Brighton defeat but is available to play on Saturday

Back in the fold: Bryan Ruiz
Bryan Ruiz will return to the Fulham squad for this weekend's FA Cup third round tie with Wolves.

The Costa Rican missed Monday night's 2-0 defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion after failing a late fitness test.

However, Ruiz has been back in training this week and Whites manager Kit Symons has confirmed he will be able to select the attacking midfielder.

"Bryan is back fully fit now," said Symons.

"He had a nerve problem which made him unavailable for Monday night. We tried him just before the game but unfortunately he wasn't quite right."

No go: Returning Ryan Tunnicliffe is ineligible to play in the FA Cup
Ruiz could be joined in the squad by another absentee from Monday night, Aston Villa transfer target Lasse Vigen Christensen, who trained today.

"Surprisingly, Lasse trained on Friday," Fulham chief Symons added.

"I didn't think for one minute he'd be fit but he's incredibly keen to play and be involved. We'll wait and see if there's any reaction but he could well feature."

Meanwhile, former Manchester United starlet Ryan Tunnicliffe has returned from his loan spell at Blackburn but is ineligible to play in the FA Cup.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-star-bryan-ruiz-returns-8375028?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss expecting 'physical' Wolves test

Fulham manager Kit Symons has called on his players to 'be willing to fight' when they take on Wolves in the FA Cup third round tie at Craven Cottage tomorrow.

Wolves go into the game in good form, and having already beat Fulham away in the league this season. The Londoners, meanwhile, have lost their last two games

"We've played Wolves already in the league but Saturday will be different," Symons says. "I'm looking forward to it. They're a very strong powerful team and our squad of players isn't the most physical but we'll roll our sleeves up and be willing to fight.

"It's something we'll take very, very seriously," he adds. "I'll field a strong team. I respect the competition and I've got some great memories of the FA Cup as a player. I still think there is that magic about the FA Cup."

Read more: http://www.cannockmercury.co.uk/Fulham-boss-expecting-physical-Wolves-test/story-25797985-detail/story.html#ixzz3Ngm9pvfV
Follow us: @SuttonObserver on Twitter | sutton.coldfield.observer.official on Facebook

WhiteJC

Fulham-owned Ryan Tunnicliffe's message to Blackburn Rovers

Ryan Tunnicliffe has returned to Fulham from fellow Championship outfit Blackburn Rovers.

Fulham-owned Ryan Tunnicliffe is appreciative of his loan spell at Blackburn Rovers.

The 22-year-old midfielder joined Championship outfit Blackburn on a season-long loan deal in the summer transfer window, but he was recalled to Fulham this month.

The youngster made 17 appearances in the Championship for Rovers, scoring one goal and creating 11 chances in the process, while having a pass accuracy of 77% and winning 53% of the duels.

Tunnicliffe took to social networking site Twitter earlier today to thank everyone at Blackburn.

Fulham are currently 17th in the Championship table with 28 points from 24 matches, while Blackburn are ninth with 35 points.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/01/02/fulham-owned-ryan-tunnicliffes-message-to-blackburn-rovers/?

WhiteJC

Alexander Kacaniklic delighted to be back at Fulham

Alexander Kacaniklic is glad to be back at Fulham after he was recalled from his loan spell at FC Copenhagen.

Alexander Kacaniklic is delighted to have returned to Fulham from his loan spell at FC Copenhagen.

The 23-year-old left-winger joined the Danish giants on a season-long loan deal in the summer transfer window, but he has been recalled to Craven Cottage.

Sweden international Kacaniklic is glad to be back at Fulham and took to social networking site Twitter to express his joy.

Kacaniklic has been on the books of Fulham since 2010, and it looks like he will play a key role for the Cottagers in the second half of the season.

Fulham are currently 17th in the Championship table with 28 points from 24 matches.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/01/02/alexander-kacaniklic-delighted-to-be-back-at-fulham/?

WhiteJC

Wolves' Nouha Dicko backed to shoot down Fulham in FA Cup after Mali snub
NOUHA DICKO has been urged to take out his international frustrations on Fulham in the FA Cup today.

The forward, who has bagged six goals this term, was snubbed by Mali for the Africa Cup of Nations which starts next week.

Fit-again Dicko has been on target in his first two starts since coming back from a hamstring injury.

It has coincided with back-to-back victories over the festive period which have revived Wolves' play-off push.

Boss Kenny Jackett said: "On a personal level yes, I am very pleased he is going to be around.

"He has had two hamstring injuries this season so far. So for him to now stay in a routine and train and play regularly, it will hopefully help him put that behind him.

"I'm sure there will be international recognition in the future.

"He is a young man and is going to have a very successful club career.

Jackett has promised to field a near full strength side against Fulham in their third round clash.

He added: "I'm not going to make unnecessary changes or experiment.

"It's going to be the best side I feel can play. It's up to us to make sure we put on a performance."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/418126/Wolves-Nouha-Dicko-shoot-down-Fulham-FA-Cup-Mali-snub