watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our Young Players

Started by FulhamStu, January 03, 2015, 10:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

One should remember that not only is it their first season playing in the first team, but also the first season to be training and working with the first team squad.  I am sure this also takes a lot out of them.. the stress and what must be a much more intense environment.  Suspect a few (Williams last game) maybe showing the signs and need a break back to the U21s which is where they really should be playing anyway.   Just a thought... then again, I would welcome a number going out on loan too... I guess its horses for courses.

Deanothefulhamfan

I would like maybe 1 or 2 to go on loan Dembele or Taggert , and 1 or 2 to be swapped around with the under 21 on a weekly basis Williams / Hyndman..... Roberts should be put in the under 21's for the remainder of the season, as he is simply nowhere near ready.

MJG

People forget that Williams and Hyndman just jumped straight into the first team from u18's. They never even saw the u21's.

Demeble and Roberts played a number of u21 games,  but not even a seasons worth.

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: MJG on January 03, 2015, 10:44:15 AM
People forget that Williams and Hyndman just jumped straight into the first team from u18's. They never even saw the u21's.

Demeble and Roberts played a number of u21 games,  but not even a seasons worth.

Interestingly Dembele and Roberts look the most raw..... Hyndman has had his poor games, but has been a Ray of sunshine for many games, and took the Championship like a duck to water in his first few games.....

MJG

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on January 03, 2015, 11:06:01 AM
Quote from: MJG on January 03, 2015, 10:44:15 AM

Interestingly Dembele and Roberts look the most raw..... Hyndman has had his poor games, but has been a Ray of sunshine for many games, and took the Championship like a duck to water in his first few games.....
I think the weight of expectation on Roberts and especially Dembele have taken a bit of a toll on both and the others just came in with little prior knowledge from fans. Look at LVC,  apart from a few fans hardly anyone rated him.

They are all inexperienced,  not only for first team football,  but even reserve games.  Still a lot of learning for these guys.

cmg

Quote from: FulhamStu on January 03, 2015, 10:35:36 AM
One should remember that not only is it their first season playing in the first team, but also the first season to be training and working with the first team squad.  I am sure this also takes a lot out of them.. the stress and what must be a much more intense environment.  Suspect a few (Williams last game) maybe showing the signs and need a break back to the U21s which is where they really should be playing anyway.   Just a thought... then again, I would welcome a number going out on loan too... I guess its horses for courses.

Very, very wise words.
Quite a few of our fans are too impatient/unrealistic.

Young player development is rarely constant and predictable,. A few steps forward are often followed by a step or two back (I'm talking figuratively here, not of Pat Roberts' dribbling skills) and the dreaded 'Sophomore Slump' is a well-known phenomenon. All these guys are ahead of schedule at the moment.

It will be interesting to see if his loan spell has helped Kacaniklic, who started very brightly for us, but seemed to stall.

Twig

Quote from: cmg on January 03, 2015, 11:47:25 AM
Quote from: FulhamStu on January 03, 2015, 10:35:36 AM

Very, very wise words.
Quite a few of our fans are too impatient/unrealistic.

Young player development is rarely constant and predictable,. A few steps forward are often followed by a step or two back (I'm talking figuratively here, not of Pat Roberts' dribbling skills) and the dreaded 'Sophomore Slump' is a well-known phenomenon. All these guys are ahead of schedule at the moment.

It will be interesting to see if his loan spell has helped Kacaniklic, who started very brightly for us, but seemed to stall.
All fair comments and like you I will be fascinated to see whether, and in what way, Kaca has developed.

terryr

Fair enough
The problem is we have a team of kids and that's all we have.
If we send them back to the U21's or out on loan....what's left?
Many on this board said "Play the kids"
That's what we have done and now its " Give them a break"
Problem is....its all we have  and all Kit knows how to manage