watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Positives today

Started by Robbie, January 03, 2015, 09:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

We played some good footie in the second half.  Wolves defended like devils and did a very good job blocking and putting off shots. Fofana was OK, a bit naïve and flying off the handle, but good basic material. Woodrow clearly needs to re-calibrate his sights.  Roddy just had a bad one. Kav, Staf and Berti had great games.

CUTTING TO THE CHASE - clearly we are not going to win the Cup .... Kit is using these games to get game time into some of the youngsters .... not a bad idea...

Win or lose the replay ..  the more game time the better.

BestOfBrede

There were positives today, you are correct...
But we, again, are inconsistent!
Why can we not play attacking football at home for 90 minutes?
We seem to play well only in short spells!
This, of course, could be down to the age of the team, but does need to be addressed!

Deanothefulhamfan

We kept a clean sheet, battled well, and were arguably the better side against a side higher than us in the division.

Jack Grimmer played excellent and possibly put in his best performance in a Fulham shirt, Bettinelli is prooving to be the best keeper in the league, and is growing with each game he plays.  Woodrow had a great game, and was very unfortunate to be subbed.

There were negatives as well, which I will speak about in another thread, but I think Kit and the boys did well yesterday, without troubling their keeper too much.

BOB - is pretty fair with his response as well....

nose

keeping woodrow on was the only chance of us scoring
he held the ball well, linked the play and did nearly everything you would want from the man leading the line.. unfortunately he had two wayward shots and at a tight angel, after some brilliant footwork, lacked composure with his finish. so he was withdrawn instead of the hopeless (I can find no other appropriate word for his performance on the day who missed a far easier chance) Hugo. dembele was entirely wrong and contributed zero except a flukey touch which he then wasted.

wait for it... the correct subsiitution was take hugo off, push ross forward and bring on..... Ruiz.
Please remember this, I am suggesting reuiz was the best option yesterday. I do not like the man but he was what was needed.
Alternatively the unbelivably useless fofana who i would prefer not to be picked in the starting 11 again until he develops a pair of eyes that look around him, could have been withdrawn for ruiz or roberts but that might have upset the balance.

as it was when woodrwo was withdrawn we were a far worse team and i wonder if kit just has his favouriites and is set to be just another ordinary manager. it isbegining to look that way with the insanity of selecting LVC and the substitutions being so wrong and ... chris david, he is a class act, make your peace with him and get him in the team!

Mince n Tatties

Why Hugo was on the pitch baffled me, he has looked out of it last few games.
Should have been rested yesterday Im  afraid.

filham

All those positives are swept away by the one big negative which has to be addressed pretty quickly.

We had but one shot on target (according to the stats in my paper), we failed to score at home for the second game running although we have last season's championship top scorer in our team.

A goal drought has started and this is more difficult to solve than the leaky defence problem we have suffered for most of the season.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: filham on January 04, 2015, 10:42:08 AM
All those positives are swept away by the one big negative which has to be addressed pretty quickly.

We had but one shot on target (according to the stats in my paper), we failed to score at home for the second game running although we have last season's championship top scorer in our team.

A goal drought has started and this is more difficult to solve than the leaky defence problem we have suffered for most of the season.

Spot on, one clean sheet and there is talk of positives, in a way I suppose
it is if we were scoring at other end..But No Goals Again.

Haynes

Quote from: nose on January 04, 2015, 10:20:24 AM
he held the ball well, linked the play and did nearly everything you would want from the man leading the line.. unfortunately he had two wayward shots and at a tight angel, after some brilliant footwork, lacked composure with his finish. so he was withdrawn instead of the hopeless (I can find no other appropriate word for his performance on the day who missed a far easier chance) Hugo. dembele was entirely wrong and contributed zero except a flukey touch which he then wasted.

wait for it... the correct subsiitution was take hugo off, push ross forward and bring on..... Ruiz.
Please remember this, I am suggesting reuiz was the best option yesterday. I do not like the man but he was what was needed.
Alternatively the unbelivably useless fofana who i would prefer not to be picked in the starting 11 again until he develops a pair of eyes that look around him, could have been withdrawn for ruiz or roberts but that might have upset the balance.

as it was when woodrwo was withdrawn we were a far worse team and i wonder if kit just has his favouriites and is set to be just another ordinary manager. it isbegining to look that way with the insanity of selecting LVC and the substitutions being so wrong and ... chris david, he is a class act, make your peace with him and get him in the team!

I agree, I think Woodrow needs a few games to get in the swing. I also agree Rod should have come off and Bryan replace him. Ross playing in defence for most of the game was really insane.

nose

Quote from: Haynes on January 04, 2015, 12:14:19 PM
Quote from: nose on January 04, 2015, 10:20:24 AM

I agree, I think Woodrow needs a few games to get in the swing. I also agree Rod should have come off and Bryan replace him. Ross playing in defence for most of the game was really insane.

i am not sure it was insane.. i would have tried it too, but when it patently isn't working and was negating the talent and ability of our best player it then became a very big error of judgement.

PokerMatt

The problem is when you switch and focus on defence, the attack will suffer. Yesterday showed we can defend well as a unit, while earlier in the season has shown we can attack too.

Kit's challenge now is getting the balance.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 04, 2015, 01:42:02 PM
The problem is when you switch and focus on defence, the attack will suffer. Yesterday showed we can defend well as a unit, while earlier in the season has shown we can attack too.

Kit's challenge now is getting the balance.
+1

SP

Only positive for me was seeing the rather glum Bees fans at Putney Station following their third straight loss.  Strangely enough I didn't hear any of the Bees Up Fulham Down nonsense.