News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If you was given the Fulham managers job...

Started by JackyFulham90, January 04, 2015, 01:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

What changes would you make with the current squad we have?
For me I would get Ross playing on the last man he will score goals but he is always far too deep he should be our main man upfront.
Rodallega would hit the bench through his poor current form.
I would find loan moves for Dembele, Hyndman & Roberts.
Eisfield & David would be brought back in to the 18 man squad.
Tunnicliffe & Kacaniklic would become key men.
In the transfer market i would look for a right back & a central defender with pace.

For me my team would be

Bettenelli
Hoogland Hutchinson Bodurov Stafylidis
Tunnicliffe Christensen Parker Kacaniklic
                                Ruiz
                                   McCormack

Subs - Kiraly,  Burn, Fofana, Eisfield, David, Rodallega,  Woodrow

I'm sure not many people will agree with me I rate what Kit has done for us this season but his tactics atm simply are not working.

Haynes

JackyFulham90

He is a decent young player I would have him in the squad but he wouldn't be a starter for me

fulhamben

i have seen nothing to suggest that ross could lead the line on his todd. he's a good player, but a good out and out lone striker, im not so sure on that.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 04, 2015, 02:38:13 PM
He is a decent young player I would have him in the squad but he wouldn't be a starter for me
id give him another go at left back at some stage
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

JackyFulham90

Quote from: fulhamben on January 04, 2015, 02:38:59 PM
i have seen nothing to suggest that ross could lead the line on his todd. he's a good player, but a good out and out lone striker, im not so sure on that.

Possibly your right but he is a good footballer as is Bryan Ruiz. McCormack has a great 1st touch which Rodallega does having technical players on our forward line will help us keep possession which which should lead to none shots at goal.

horse1031

I know this wouldnt be popular on this message board but I would keep Fofana in the team.  After watching the replays I always come away impressed at his movement and energy.  His first touch is a little off but that will get better as he gets used to the speed at this level.  Another key to this team is having LVC in the middle of the park.  Scotty P mopping up and being consistent will help.

Ross would be right behind Cauley or Matt Smith.  With our long ball tactics, we need a striker that can either run the channels or can head the ball.

How about something like this if everyone was healthy.  LVC has the motor to counter from this position and McCormack wouldnt drop so deep.

Bettinelli

Hoogland    Hutch   Bodurov   Amorebieta

Fofana        Parker          Kavanagh

LVC

McCormack           Woodrow

Kaca and Tunnicliffe could come into the team for Kavanagh and Fofana if they are fit and are better in those positions.  I would be leery to drop Fofana because of his energy, especially away from home.

@jolslover

Bettinelli

Hoogland    Hutch   Bodurov   Amorebieta

Fofana        Parker          Tunnicliffe

LVC

McCormack           Rodallega

With Kacaniklic and G Williams on the bench for youth when required, I would look to bring in Juan Cala (Recently released from Cardiff) and Magnus Wolf Eikrem (Recently released from Cardiff)
STH H3

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ron

Captain Fulhamerica

In the transfer market I would look to sell: Ruiz, Voser, Zverotic, Fotheringham, and Chihi.  I would look for season loans for Dembele, Taggart, Casasola, Fazlic, Eisfeld, and Burgess.  I would not loan Roberts, I would keep him as a change of pace sub (I also wouldn't want to have him risk injury in a lower league).  I would look to hold on to all our youngsters, and recall Tunniclife from Blackburn.

I wouldn't bring in any more loan players from Prem clubs, we have our own youngsters to develop for the future.  I would look to sign Maloney or other wing players with experience.  I would also look for defenders with Championship experience that we might be able to get on the cheap.

On the field I would player a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 depending on opponent strength.  I would employ more width with Kaca, LVC, G Williams, and possibly a new signing as wingers.  When playing a 4-2-3-1 against weaker sides I would give the 3 attacking midfielders (in this case LVC, McCormack, and Kaca) license to inter-change positions and roam.

Betts

Hoogland    Bodurov   Hutch   Staf

Parker     Fofana (Tunniclife if Fofana leaves)

LVC          McCormack          Kaca

Rodallega

Subs: Kiraly, Burn, Kavanagh, Hyndman (or Tunniclife if not starting), David, Roberts, Woodrow (G Williams, J Grimmer also in the mix)

Bottom-line:  I would look to lessen our squad size (remove some dead-weight) hold on to our young players and get them as much time on the field as I could, and build for the future.  Finishing mid-table this season and looking to push on next season with a few good signings and more experienced youngsters.

Humbled