watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Half way through the season

Started by Andy S, January 04, 2015, 05:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

As are half way through the season I thought it would be good too look at the plusses. Obviously Bettinelli has done well and made the spot his own. Grimmer has improved vastly after a shaky start. In fact I also think the back four are beginning to look like a unit. The middle of the park is a problem to me although I cannot put my finger on where. Christianson will improve and deserves his spot. Fofana continues to improve but I cannot get too excited by him as he will be gone soon. Ruiz and Parker are what they are and I would be looking to replace both of them as for midfielders they do not score enough goals and they don't make enough by taking a shot when they could. some of these could fall as tap ins for the forwards. Rodellega and McCormack could both benefit. McCormack especially as I see him sitting behind Rodellega and not playing quite do deep.
Just some of my thoughts

Deanothefulhamfan

Betinelli and LVC have both been incredible.... Both of which we will struggle to keep hold of past the summer.

Grimmer is improving, and I felt like he had his best game against Wolves. He needs to work on his throw in's, and if he can't take them he needs to cover Hutchinson at CB, whilst he takes them.

I would say Kit has been a plus and has turned us from the worst side ever in the championship, to a mid table team, he need's to push us on to the next level now, as he will have a window to bring in the players he or Rigg seems fit.

Our fans are the last positive I would say..... Incredible away following's this season, and a pretty consistent home attendance. This is great, despite us being pretty poor and inconsistent.

Max Headroom

I think that the defence is finally coming together based on solid centre backs. Hutchison is an upgrade on burn. Betinelli has been a real star. Time and again he has kept us in games e.g. On Saturday.

I look forward to seeing Hoogland back as he was one of the few early season bonuses, although grimmer has grown into his role.

Midfield. I agree about Parker and RUIZ. Not enough goals. Parker seems to do very little affensively. Against wolves time and time again he missed the promising forward runs to do short conservative passes. But he is needed for his experience unfortunately.

I have said enough on RUIZ. I hope he goes but I hope we replace him as McCormack should be used as a striker rather than a midfielder.

LVC has been the find of the season.

Having tunnicliffe and kaca back will be a bonus but I would like to see Roberts get more game time.

Am really enjoying the championship but would prefer to be in the premier league. That way we get to keep the youngsters.

Rodellega tries his best but flatters to deceive. I'd give dembele a run. Or Woodrow if he learns to aim under the bar. Or even Taggart or smith. Not really sure why we loaned him out