News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FA Cup draw - away to Sunderland (if we beat Wolves!)

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 05, 2015, 07:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

Loads are pessimistic, but I think it's a great draw. Bar Hugo and Parker; none of our players have played at a Premier League ground consistently, let alone with the romance of the Cup! We are more than capable of a cupset, and a win at Sunderland would be an excellent way of gaining confidence for the League season. We are more than capable of grabbing a win, and we should enjoy; as I'm sure the players will should we get past Wolves. The mood of the fans rubs off on the players, and if we're downbeat about the draw and the game it's self, that can mirror in the performance. If you don't believe, you'll never achieve.

domprague

My first Fulham match was against Sunderland at the Cottage. I went with my Dad and his mate Harold, who was from Sunderland. Harold brought down a Sunderland rosette for me to wear. At half-time, with Fulham leading 2-0, I handed him back the rosette. I've been Fulham ever since.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Black, White and Fred

We wanted a Prem team and as they go this isn't a bad draw, if we can beat footballing giants Wolves first that is.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

MJG

Did We want a Prem team?  Never understood the desire to draw big clubs in cups,  you want to progress play the weaker teams as much as you can.

MasterHaynes

I'd love to get one back on Sunderland, especially after last season and that cheat Johnson but we would need a dramatic upplift in our goalscoring form to win this one against a physical defence..Anyone remember the 4-2 cup win in the 70's with Jimmy Mullen scoring 2?

Deanothefulhamfan

Sunderland are one of the hardest sides to beat at home.... I would take a draw and beat them at the cottage.

Think we will struggle to get past wolves though in truth.

jarv

Agree with Deano, can't see us getting past Wolves. Unless Kit can unlock the forwards to find a few more shots this time.

grandad

:merry christmas:
Quote from: MJG on January 06, 2015, 07:17:17 AM
Did We want a Prem team?  Never understood the desire to draw big clubs in cups,  you want to progress play the weaker teams as much as you can.

Feel sorry for Man Utd. Really tough cup run so far. Away to Yeovil & now away to Cambridge.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Jamie88

Quote from: MJG on January 06, 2015, 07:17:17 AM

Exactly, that's how we made it to the 2002 semi-final. I believe we never had to play another PL side until Chelsea. Admittedly we were a much better side back then though and deserved some sort of merit for reaching that far

Wingnut

Quote from: gerrys on January 05, 2015, 08:40:16 PM
No way........I have a flight booked to come over to see the HOME match at Craven Cottage for 24th January....

Held off booking flights for that one myself because of the cup games. Gonna be a pricey trip, if we end up playing Forest that day.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.