watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mourinho's conspiracy against football

Started by Nick Bateman, January 08, 2015, 02:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

I owe Phil Dowd an apology.  A few months ago I was mocking his physique but watching him handle the Spurs-Chelsea game he has earned my respect, which is more than can be said for Mourinho.

Dowd is one of the FEW referees in the Premier League with the 'cojones'  to stand up to the "Special One's" incessant rants, tantrums and foul-mouthed tirades.

Mourinho's behaviour in that match was probably the worst I have ever seen in English football, and afterwards he realised many of his appeals were incorrect (all in fact).  The Premiership's no.1 diver (for his 2nd season) Eden Hazard admitted to his boss that Fazio tackled him fairly and there was no foul, even though he hit the deck.

The Chelsea boss claims there is a conspiracy against his club, but in fact it is the other way, with Gary Cahill lucky to still be on the pitch after kicking his second Tottenham player and though shown post-match by numerous television replays he was not punished by the FA for deliberately booting Harry Kane in the back!

Instead of moaning and whining Mourinho should rather look at the tactics he employs and instructs his players in his effort to win by any means possible using, as Roberto Martinez stated last year, "Every trick in the book"!

One example, Mourinho became aware of a ruling where if two players of the same club go down and receive treatment, they do not have to leave the pitch.  So in an effort to waste time when winning a match last season, both Obi "One" Mickel and Ivanovich feigned injury and had the trainers on.  But afterwards the ref told them both to leave the pitch as Mourinho had got it wrong : the rule only applies if they are both injured in the same incident.  But I ask you, what other manager would go to such underhand lengths to cheat?!

One hopes there are a few more like Phil Dowd willing to stand up though they are coming under increasing criticism the latest from former chief Keith Hackett.  Unfortunately for every Dowd, there is a Mike Jones who give penalties for handball when it strikes the player in the face!!  

And before you accuse me of being obsessed with referees, just listen to our own "Gentleman" Jim McGullion who is constantly and correctly disputing many of the bizarre decisions officials give against Fulham.  It's not them making honest mistakes; it's when one suspects the ref is purposely favouring someone that makes both Gentleman Jim and I take to task.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

westcliff white

On that Fazio tackle, Hazard never even appealed for a foul (i remember I thought it was until I saw the reverse angle on replay), he got up and tried to close the keeper because he lost his footing. The fact he told JM that is good on his part, although I do agree he can go down to easy. However, when your running at the speed he does (with and without the ball), it doesn't take much to knock you off your stride, but that doesn't mean every time he goes over is a foul as its just momentum taking him over which sometimes means it looks worse than it is and the refs incorrectly give the foul.
Every day is a Fulham day

Nick Bateman

Quote from: westcliff white on January 08, 2015, 03:02:25 PM
On that Fazio tackle, Hazard never even appealed for a foul (i remember I thought it was until I saw the reverse angle on replay), he got up and tried to close the keeper because he lost his footing. The fact he told JM that is good on his part, although I do agree he can go down to easy. However, when your running at the speed he does (with and without the ball), it doesn't take much to knock you off your stride, but that doesn't mean every time he goes over is a foul as its just momentum taking him over which sometimes means it looks worse than it is and the refs incorrectly give the foul.

You are correct in pointing out Hazard didn't appeal probably as he knew his dive was a futile attempt to seek an advantage, it still did not prevent Mourinho from his foul-mouthed touchline demonstartion.  But far from Hazard being just a speedy player, I believe he is looking for a leg and goes down with the slightest touch. 

The game at home to Arsenal this season, Calum Chambers running together with Hazard who goes down.  On the replay from BEHIND both players you see them running alongside then Hazard shoots out his leg into Chambers' and goes down.  It earned Chambers a yellow which eventually led to him being sent off later in the match.  Nothing to do with speedy, just a devious diver in my opinion.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Deanothefulhamfan

Good original post with a very correct response, people always moaned about ronaldo diving, and then bale.... And although are both prone to going down to easily, they were among the quickest players we have ever seen in the premier league. When you go at such a pace, it is very easy to lose your balance if you get knocked in the wrong way.

I feel sorry for referees, they don't deliberately try to ruin a game, but sometimes do by making an incorrect decision. I blame this on the media, we now have 40 different angles and slow motion to determine if something was a foul or not,  referees as a result come under much more scrutiny, which is all well and good, but they have to make a split second decision, and judging from the pace of the English game these days I would imagine it is a very difficult job indeed .

I do think there is a certain degree of favouritism with the big teams, but these are going to be the games that more people will be watching, and therefore added pressure and scrutiny on every decision.

There is no simple solution as a video replay for every big decision is ridiculous, but it is clear they do need more help. I think linesman are starting to get more authority which is good, but maybe still not enough as there attention is focussed on the back line, and forwards .

Deanothefulhamfan

P.S as much as I have respect for Mourinho, in what he has achieved, he is really starting to grate on me by blaming everyone else for his and Chelseas errors .

bobbo

Morinho being the worst but there's been a few over the years "attention seekers"
and looking for a row with the interviewer , Brian Clough and Mick McCarthy are two of em
1975 just leaving home full of hope

MasterHaynes

Quote from: bobbo on January 08, 2015, 03:32:13 PM
Morinho being the worst but there's been a few over the years "attention seekers"
and looking for a row with the interviewer , Brian Clough and Mick McCarthy are two of em
Cloughy may have argued with interviewers over their lack of knowledge and credentials to make a comment, on topics not necessarily restricted to football but I think you will find he was vehemently vociferous in condemning players guilty of diving and immediately punished any players playing for him who sought to gain advantage from diving. I can't remember the player but there was one incident where he immediately substituted a player that dived berating him as walked off.

alfie

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on January 08, 2015, 03:24:22 PM
Good original post with a very correct response, people always moaned about ronaldo diving, and then bale.... And although are both prone to going down to easily, they were among the quickest players we have ever seen in the premier league. When you go at such a pace, it is very easy to lose your balance if you get knocked in the wrong way.

I feel sorry for referees, they don't deliberately try to ruin a game, but sometimes do by making an incorrect decision. I blame this on the media, we now have 40 different angles and slow motion to determine if something was a foul or not,  referees as a result come under much more scrutiny, which is all well and good, but they have to make a split second decision, and judging from the pace of the English game these days I would imagine it is a very difficult job indeed .

I do think there is a certain degree of favouritism with the big teams, but these are going to be the games that more people will be watching, and therefore added pressure and scrutiny on every decision.

There is no simple solution as a video replay for every big decision is ridiculous, but it is clear they do need more help. I think linesman are starting to get more authority which is good, but maybe still not enough as there attention is focussed on the back line, and forwards .

I agree with your last statement to a degree, but the ref as we all know only has one look, and what he sees in that one look determines the decision he makes. Managers on the other had have the use of numerous views of the incident to condemn the ref.

Another term that annoys me is when a manager comes on and says "the ref did not make a decision" well in fact the ref has made a decision he has decided not to give a foul, and these managers only say that when a decision goes against them, I have noted it is a term that Shearer has used a lot.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't