watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A number of excuses

Started by The Swan, January 10, 2015, 05:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

I for one wanted Kit to get the managers job following a good caretakers role.
Posters on here are saying that Kit can only work with the players he inherited, and the squad is not good enough.
We have beaten Birmingham (A),Bolton(H), Norwich(H),Charlton(H),Huddersfield(H), Brighton(A), Leeds(A), Sheffield W. (H).
So tell me why do some posters say that the squad is not good enough when we have won all these games with the same players.
The problem must be the manager as he does not have a plan B. Kit needs help from some experienced manager.
The Swan

Only Me

Plan B is scoring for fun at Bristol City

snarks

No fulham are missing Ruiz, which is making Ross play too deep, if kit is changing the system for a traditional 4-4-2 then Ross needs to be upfront not in midfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lighthouse

So we win matches and lose matches and Kit is the problem because we lose matches. The squad is poor and we win matches proves that it must be good even when we lose matches. Yeah it is that sort of logic that makes me go into the corner and curl up in the foetal position.   :doh:

Kit has done wonders with a poor squad that was destroyed at the end of last season. Kiddies and players from abroad who have not played in this division started as well as I expected them to but when Symons came in we improved. No he is not perfect and the squad needs improvement.

But blaming everything on a manager who has had to inherit the madmans squad and make it work as well as he has. Just doesn't ring true to me. I am willing to wait before wanting some miracle manager to come along and work with kids and newbies.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 10, 2015, 08:50:15 PM
So we win matches and lose matches and Kit is the problem because we lose matches. The squad is poor and we win matches proves that it must be good even when we lose matches. Yeah it is that sort of logic that makes me go into the corner and curl up in the foetal position.   :doh:

Kit has done wonders with a poor squad that was destroyed at the end of last season. Kiddies and players from abroad who have not played in this division started as well as I expected them to but when Symons came in we improved. No he is not perfect and the squad needs improvement.

But blaming everything on a manager who has had to inherit the madmans squad and make it work as well as he has. Just doesn't ring true to me. I am willing to wait before wanting some miracle manager to come along and work with kids and newbies.
Couldn't have put it better myself....thanks Lighthouse  065.gif
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

HatterDon

Quote from: Artful Dodger on January 10, 2015, 11:35:38 PM

Couldn't have put it better myself....thanks Lighthouse  065.gif

and so say all of me!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

alfie

Agree, but maybe a think about changing the system of play and not this silly narrow game he likes, it clearly does not work.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

HatterDon

Quote from: alfie on January 11, 2015, 10:14:29 AM

Agree, but maybe a think about changing the system of play and not this silly narrow game he likes, it clearly does not work.

Just asking for my own clarification, but wasn't this system of play the one Kit was using when we were charging up the table? Or did we switch to the "narrow game" after we'd moved about 8-10 spots up the table?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Skatzoffc

Quote from: HatterDon on January 12, 2015, 03:40:06 AM
Quote from: alfie on January 11, 2015, 10:14:29 AM

Just asking for my own clarification, but wasn't this system of play the one Kit was using when we were charging up the table? Or did we switch to the "narrow game" after we'd moved about 8-10 spots up the table?

I think we have played the diamond from Kit's start Hatter.

But, imo, it clearly isn't working now for a couple of reasons:-

1. The system never worked against the division's better teams. We haven't beaten any of them.
2. We are now too predictable and the lesser teams have worked out how to beat us.

We simply cannot play this system against a reasonable Championship team playing 4-5-1 .  Look what happened against Watford.
The team needs to adapt to this division and the tactics of teams in it. If we don't I fear the worst.

We have the most prolific scoring duo from this division last year, but have only created 6 shots on target in the last 360 minutes on the pitch.
One is played out of position. The other is out on loan.
It's not rocket science. The system needs to change.

I don't want a new manager. I've said it before, I think Kit needs help tactically and on the training ground regarding the basics.

The thing that baffles me the most is :-

Why after using 442 and 4411 successfully with the youth team, does he persist with the diamond of Felix M for so long, when it clearly isn't working?

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

horse1031

The difference in our downturn is that LVC has been injured...

Also, Bryan has been "hurt" and he is more important to this team that a lot of people on this message board realize.

Logicalman

Quote from: horse1031 on January 12, 2015, 01:50:01 PM
The difference in our downturn is that LVC has been injured...

Also, Bryan has been "hurt" and he is more important to this team that a lot of people on this message board realize.

and perhaps that is the underlying issue. If you look to how Liverpool have reacted this season to the toothy wonders departure, it proves that building a team, tactics and play around either just one or two players, can never work in the long run.

Now, I don't see that with the way Kit has set his team up over the whole time has has been in charge, but perhaps he has been a little slow in changing such tactics after relying on the strengths of LVC and not having that plan B ready in the wings. That is NOT a full blown criticism of Kit, or in any way indicative of his not being the right person for Fulham, just another step on the learning curve that Kit has to undergo this season.

I know people have compared him to other short-term managers we have had, but I have not seen a manager having been left with such a decimated squad since our time in the Prem, certainly not Sparky or LS, or even to a lesser degree Rene, and it is only speculation as to whether one of the more 'proven' managers would have been able to do any better. Too many times we look for experience as being the savior, when we find it takes something else entirely.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Andy S

This season is a transitional one. We started this season with a completely new team. It takes time to find out who plays best with who. I would not Knock Kit yet because he is a young manager who needs to learn. You only learn by the mistakes you make. It is obvious that you cannot use the same system that was used with the Kids. Lets write this season off and build a decent squad for the next one. I'm sure that some of these kids presently in the first team will fall by the wayside but we have to give them a go

dannyboi-ffc

Agree 100 percent with Lighthouse!

I agree the system needs addressing though, very predictable and that leads me onto what HD said. The narrow diamond worked a treat at first when no one had ever seen kit manage before.  Now teams have watched videos and seen our style meaning they know how to counter act it. There's nothing wrong with trying something different if you can see we've gone a bit stale. And this month is the perfect month for kit to decide if he sticks or twists.  I hope he twists and I dont think that's negative or criticism in any way.

Keep going kit, we will get there soon. We just need to be patient
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging