watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodallega possibly to Sunderland

Started by Berserker, January 10, 2015, 08:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Perkins

Like to see Smith be recalled, and played up top with McCormack. Worked for Leeds, why not us? Smith, McCormack and Woodrow (and Dembele) isn't enough though, and we will need to replace Hugo if he leaves.

fulhamben

Quote from: J.Perkins on January 10, 2015, 11:30:31 PM
Like to see Smith be recalled, and played up top with McCormack. Worked for Leeds, why not us? Smith, McCormack and Woodrow (and Dembele) isn't enough though, and we will need to replace Hugo if he leaves.
because quite frankly, no one and i mean no one wants to admit that we have got that bad that we have to rely on a really crap leeds strike force.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

J.Perkins

Quote from: fulhamben on January 10, 2015, 11:38:30 PM
because quite frankly, no one and i mean no one wants to admit that we have got that bad that we have to rely on a really crap leeds strike force.

I don't think you can call a strike force that scored 42 goals between them, crap.

ScalleysDad

I will then. Yes ground sharing etc were the darkest days but in recent years we have sat through the Jol escapades, chuckled along with the three amigos and tried to figure out what Magath was up to. Brighton at home was way up there with that lot and as a rough halfway marker or mid term report it would read "we have got that bad".

Humbled

Quote from: J.Perkins on January 10, 2015, 11:42:00 PM

I don't think you can call a strike force that scored 42 goals between them, crap.

Out of cutiosity, any idea how many were from a dead ball??

fulhamben

Quote from: Humbled on January 10, 2015, 11:56:17 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on January 10, 2015, 11:42:00 PM

Out of cutiosity, any idea how many were from a dead ball??
i should imagine all of mccormacks
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 10, 2015, 09:03:36 PM
Thought he was starting to show his class a couple of months ago, but it's not like he's a standout performer in this league.

While I wouldn't be too bothered if we lost him (although we don't have a striker to replace him) I would be concerned about Poyet's state of mind if he thinks he'll do a job in the PL.

If he leaves, McC can take his proper place as our out and out goal scorer. I fear if he leaves though, Kit will just entrust Dembele to do it all - and it is obviously not up for the ask. If he leaves, we may actually do really well with Matt Smith as our forward and repairing the McCormack/Smith partnership.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

St Eve

He never was good enough, but good luck at Sunderland

Craven Mad

I've always been a big Hugo fan - his work rate alone was enough for me - but he's dropped massively lately and his head has dropped.

But we've relied on him for too long; he's just so inconsistent.

I can't help thinking we'd be better off letting Ross be our main striker and reinvest Hugo's wages in a midfielder or two.

Still, I'd be sad to see him go. Seems a properly nice bloke.

PaulJ123

Quote from: fulhamben on January 10, 2015, 09:53:43 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 10, 2015, 09:40:56 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 10, 2015, 09:25:13 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 10, 2015, 09:21:13 PM
If this means Mccormack will be allowed to play up front, then i'll drive him to sunderland.

If we finally change to a formation that suits our players (not 442 or narrow diamond), we have plenty of strikers for 1 spot (Mccormack, Woodrow, Dembele, Messi Smith)
really? what makes you think ross would be a good lone striker
Ross needs to play through the middle more so we can get the best from him in my opinion, however i think he works best with a support man next to him
yes i agree with that

I agree but I don't necessarily think the support player has to be a striker. Could play an Eisfeld, Kacaniklic, Roberts, LVC behind him just to make sure hes not left isolated

westcliff white

Quote from: Artful Dodger on January 10, 2015, 11:18:52 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 10, 2015, 09:39:56 PM
Quote from: Humbled on January 10, 2015, 09:25:37 PM
Also a Huge fan. Never been used correctly in my opinion. Links very well with Rose and LVC.
Many on here seem to prefer a nice touch with little else rather than a hard working eratic style that has played a part in more than half our goals.
I prefer someone who can score regularly, Hugo has gone over 450 minutes without a goal i believe, we simply cannot afford that.
So have all our other players.....so whose fault is that??
That's true, but they are not being played as the striker
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 11, 2015, 11:49:19 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 10, 2015, 09:53:43 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 10, 2015, 09:40:56 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 10, 2015, 09:25:13 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 10, 2015, 09:21:13 PM
If this means Mccormack will be allowed to play up front, then i'll drive him to sunderland.

If we finally change to a formation that suits our players (not 442 or narrow diamond), we have plenty of strikers for 1 spot (Mccormack, Woodrow, Dembele, Messi Smith)
really? what makes you think ross would be a good lone striker
Ross needs to play through the middle more so we can get the best from him in my opinion, however i think he works best with a support man next to him
yes i agree with that

I agree but I don't necessarily think the support player has to be a striker. Could play an Eisfeld, Kacaniklic, Roberts, LVC behind him just to make sure hes not left isolated
I agree doesn't have to be a forward there but an attacking player to support him
Every day is a Fulham day