watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reading Fan Chat – Fulham v Reading

Started by daib0, January 11, 2015, 01:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daib0

As always, friendly greetings from daib0. So onto our game together this coming Saturday – and I wondered if I could have a few views ONCE AGAIN (!) from yourselves to inform the members on Reading's "Royals Rendezvous" . Guaranteed absolutely no 'wind ups' on our forum, to the contrary, our highest respect!

Whilst I'd be grateful for anyone contributing with anything on this thread I'd just like to point you all towards a few ideas. These will really help us. Any snippet reproduced will always be fully credited by showing your forum and member name.

Just a few basic easy things – here goes:

A] ** Fulham had a disappointing start to the season, but it looks like you've turned things around now. What do you hope from the second half of the season?

B] ** How is your squad clicking together  – please take us through a few important players; any who should Reading particularly fear (OK, I know you're tempted but don't just say 'everyone'!!), and any really promising youngsters now bursting through or about to arrive on the scene?

C] ** How strong do you see the general level of the Championship this season ? Any surprise teams (for good or bad)?

D] ** Reading has had a change of manager as you probably know – Adkins was relieved of duties, and Steve Clarke (ex-WBA) has come in and not done badly so far, we're 4 games unbeaten now. If you know something about Clarke, how would you rate him?

E] ** So on to the weekend game? How do you see the match going? By all means leave a prediction here even if you've given it or will give it in another thread!

Ahh ... and the highest mention is made of your forum as the fan  recommendation site on our Match Presentation/Thread for our fans to look in at  ... which can be found here: 

http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/10254251/1   

... plenty of info on current Fulham FC, your history, and the area itself. I hope it goes down well with yourselves, more experts on your team than me of course! ...

Cheers,

daib0
and the guys & gals on the Reading 'Royals Rendezvous' forum
A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

PaulJ123

A] ** Fulham had a disappointing start to the season, but it looks like you've turned things around now. What do you hope from the second half of the season?

I don't think we have turned it around, Kit had his honeymoon period and is now struggling again. He's tactically poor and needs some experience in as Assistant. Just hope we aren't dragged into a relegation battle. Would love just a mid table finish and start fresh next season.

B] ** How is your squad clicking together  – please take us through a few important players; any who should Reading particularly fear (OK, I know you're tempted but don't just say 'everyone'!!), and any really promising youngsters now bursting through or about to arrive on the scene?  

Lasse Vigen Christensen for both those categories. Many thought Dembele/Roberts/Williams would be the ones to really push through this season but LVC has been nothing short of superb. Must be up there as one of the best CMs in the league (not sure on his fitness though so you might not face him).

Mccormack I'm sure you know about but he'll probably play CM knowing Kit so don't worry too much.

C] ** How strong do you see the general level of the Championship this season ? Any surprise teams (for good or bad)?

It really is true that anyone can beat anyone. Even with our poor season, I've enjoyed it a lot more than I did the premiership, like playing/visiting different grounds than normal and as its so open, 'lesser' teams have a chance. I think its great to see Bournemouth doing so well and hope they go up.

I really thought Wigan would be up there challenging (and us) but it hasnt worked out for them.

D] ** Reading has had a change of manager as you probably know – Adkins was relieved of duties, and Steve Clarke (ex-WBA) has come in and not done badly so far, we're 4 games unbeaten now. If you know something about Clarke, how would you rate him?

One of my best mates is a WBA fan and he absolutely loved Clarke and I actually wanted Clarke here to replace Magath. Seems an outstanding coach and will do well for you I'm sure.

E] ** So on to the weekend game? How do you see the match going? By all means leave a prediction here even if you've given it or will give it in another thread!

If we play our stupid narrow diamond again, I just can't see us scoring. Theres no pace to us and just rely on Mccormack setting up Rodallega for a tap in as he'll spoon any other chance he gets.
If we play some width and run at your defence, I think we'll win but not by much.

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit disillusioned with Fulham at the moment

@jolslover

To make a few good signings, and to finish well so we have something to build on next season. We started well when Kit came in but we have done badly recently

B] ** How is your squad clicking together  – please take us through a few important players; any who should Reading particularly fear (OK, I know you're tempted but don't just say 'everyone'!!), and any really promising youngsters now bursting through or about to arrive on the scene?

Ross Mccormack is always dangerous but recently has been playing much deeper than usual. LVC and Ruiz are the 2 players you should most worry about but they might be injured/leaving

Surprised with Brentford and how well they are doing. Also surprised with how bad Wigan are doing. I thought they would be top 8 at the start of the season

Clarke was a good appointment by Reading, You have some good players and are boosted with Karacan coming back

Seeing it being a close affair, Could go either way to be honest. My heart says 1-0 Fulham but my head says 2-1 Reading
STH H3

cmg

Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 11, 2015, 01:27:56 PM

I don't think we have turned it around, Kit had his honeymoon period and is now struggling again. He's tactically poor and needs some experience in as Assistant. Just hope we aren't dragged into a relegation battle. Would love just a mid table finish and start fresh next season.

Lasse Vigen Christensen for both those categories. Many thought Dembele/Roberts/Williams would be the ones to really push through this season but LVC has been nothing short of superb. Must be up there as one of the best CMs in the league (not sure on his fitness though so you might not face him).

Mccormack I'm sure you know about but he'll probably play CM knowing Kit so don't worry too much.

It really is true that anyone can beat anyone. Even with our poor season, I've enjoyed it a lot more than I did the premiership, like playing/visiting different grounds than normal and as its so open, 'lesser' teams have a chance. I think its great to see Bournemouth doing so well and hope they go up.

I really thought Wigan would be up there challenging (and us) but it hasnt worked out for them.

One of my best mates is a WBA fan and he absolutely loved Clarke and I actually wanted Clarke here to replace Magath. Seems an outstanding coach and will do well for you I'm sure.

If we play our stupid narrow diamond again, I just can't see us scoring. Theres no pace to us and just rely on Mccormack setting up Rodallega for a tap in as he'll spoon any other chance he gets.
If we play some width and run at your defence, I think we'll win but not by much.

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit disillusioned with Fulham at the moment

0001.jpeg Although your P.O.V is often a bit gloomy for somebody of my sunny (some might say 'stupid') mentality, I think, with the optimism button turned up just a couple of notches, you've got this spot-on.

Lighthouse

Well we had a complete disaster as a manager in the beginning of the season. He just destroyed what squad we had and brought in players who had never played in the Championship and Kiddies. McCormack being the exception. But then we haven't played him as a striker so I am not sure why the we spent so much. Although he is clearly a class act. Since then Symons has changed things around. But while we haven't really turned any corner, we have improved things. Considering the awful squad he was left with he has done a great job. But there is plenty of room for improvement.

B] ** How is your squad clicking together  – please take us through a few important players; any who should Reading particularly fear (OK, I know you're tempted but don't just say 'everyone'!!), and any really promising youngsters now bursting through or about to arrive on the scene?

There is nobody to fear on the Fulham side. On their day and given the right passes our forwards will do alright. But our midfield is poor. Parker will work hard but sometimes he is just overrun. We brought back Tunnicliffe from being on loan. Another stupid decision by the last manager. So he may add some much needed energy. But as others have said, if fit, Lasse Vigen Christensen is the stand out kid.

Some very ordinary teams in a league of few outstanding teams. Again at the risk of being boring. We are pretty poor and yet we have kept our head above the drop. So Derby and Bournemouth look well organised but will have no chance at a higher level. However it does make it fun to watch. No outstanding teams, but on their day, any team can click and cause trouble. Even Fulham.

Clarke was my choice behind Kit Symons to take over at Fulham. He has a fine record of coaching and is a good manager. It is no shock he is doing well. I really see Reading continuing the good form.

I never predict  Fulham win, just a superstition of mine. I think Reading will continue the good form. But I do hope Fulham can turn the recent blunt form around and sharpen up. I think it will be a win for Reading but I can see an honourable draw
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Southcoastffc

Although the numbers tell a story - one point from 7 when Magath left,  27 points from 18 games under Kit Symons, sometimes we offer so little that it LOOKS AND FEELS as if we haven't really turned a corner. I hope we become more consistent, more solid and cohesive and finish in the top ten.  Not bothered if we don't make the playoffs but hope we are a solid unit to mount a challenge next season.

We are a bit like a decent car that's not tuned properly.  We sometimes run beautifully but too often we misfire (not just in the literal footballing sense). We have some very talented players who on paper you'd fear - Ruiz, Christensen, McCormack - but inconsistency is Fulham's forte.  Youngsters who might break through?  We have a hatful - Roberts, Woodrow, Stafylidis (already a fixture) similarly our young keeper Bettinelli, Dembele, George Williams etc etc

Overall standard is pretty mediocre - a huge gulf to the Prem.  I have been a bit taken aback by the way our quality has dropped, even from last year.   (Officiating is much poorer too.)

Ex Chelski - best not to say anything!

E] ** So on to the weekend game? How do you see the match going? By all means leave a prediction here even if you've given it or will give it in another thread!   We are Fulham - anything can happen.....
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

PaulJ123

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 11, 2015, 05:33:01 PM

B] ** How is your squad clicking together  – please take us through a few important players; any who should Reading particularly fear (OK, I know you're tempted but don't just say 'everyone'!!), and any really promising youngsters now bursting through or about to arrive on the scene? [/b]
We are a bit like a decent car that's not tuned properly.  We sometimes run beautifully but too often we misfire (not just in the literal footballing sense). We have some very talented players who on paper you'd fear - Ruiz, Christensen, McCormack - but inconsistency is Fulham's forte.  Youngsters who might break through?  We have a hatful - Roberts, Woodrow, Stafylidis (already a fixture) similarly our young keeper Bettinelli, Dembele, George Williams etc etc

Forgot Bettinelli actually, he's been very impressive

daib0

great replies. thamks so much. Any questions you might have about Reading too, just drop them here, I'll look in daily  :047:
A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

domprague

I hope that we can consolidate and stay mid-table. I think we had a bounce from Kit but I don't think he's the long term answer.

As others have said, McCormack is great but he's playing so deep that he's almost a sweeper. LVC is good but might be out injured. Betinelli in goal is decent.

Anyone can beat anyone.

Smart move. I wish we had got him.

After three matches without a goal, I just hope we score.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Burt

I thought we would have kicked on since beating Wednesday and whilst not making the playoffs at least be in a position to look up rather than over our shoulder but 3 defeats on the trot has put paid to that, and the manner of these defeats have been disappointing - plenty of possession but not many opportunities and hardly any shots on goal. My hope is that we stay out of the relegation scrap and end up in a dull but respectable mid table position.

Lots of promising youngsters... Christensen has stood out, we also have some other talented youngsters who we need to bring along and stay patient with such as Dembele, Roberts, Williams and the like.

In terms of threats, Hugo seems a bit goal shy of late but can always pop up with a goal. McCormack is quality, although not playing where I thought he would be used.

Bournemouth and Brentford have been the surprise packages at the top end, the Cherries in particular.... It just shows what a well ran club with a stable squad and a good gaffer can achieve. At the other end I am surprised Brighton have been so poor, along with Wigan.

I have never tipped us for bouncing back this season, far too much change at all levels throughout the club for that to happen, but am disappointed we aren't a few more places up the table.

It is a competitive league, no doubt about that, but the gulf in class between the Championship and the Premier League is significant. No wonder the promoted clubs struggle.

A good appointment there, he's a good coach and you'll kick on with him at the helm.

I'lol go 0-0, we can't score for toffee at the moment...

daib0

Get Reading

Fulham FC v Reading FC - Royals to be cheered on by biggest away support in more than two years

More than 2,500 Royals fans will travel to west London for tomorrow's Championship clash (3pm kick-off)

Reading will be cheered on by their biggest travelling support for over two years tomorrow when they make the short journey to Fulham. More than 2,500 Royals fans will pack into the away section at Craven Cottage to cheer on Steve Clarke's side. Every single ticket has been sold, a clear indication of the new found optimism around the club since the new manager's arrival last month.

"I think it shows that the supporters are there for us," said Clarke, speaking at his pre-match press conference . "They want to help us. To take 2,500 to an away game, should create a really good atmosphere for us and hopefully the players can respond. It's also a tribute to the fact that the players in recent weeks have started the win the fans back over. You are only successful if everyone is together. If there is a split, it doesn't work. We need the supporters right behind us. So hopefully we can go there, put in a good performance and get a result."

Royals' boss added: "In the last few home games when we needed the supporters, they got behind us. Last Saturday against Middlesbrough in the last 10 minutes the supporters helped to carry the team over the line to get that point."

snarks

I have noticed that a lot of away teams bring a lot of support to Fulham, Sheff Wed bought their biggest away support, Milwall too.

Must be the nice friendly atmosphere.

Tomo

I would like to think we have a small chance of pushing for a play-off place. As you can imagine this season has been a transition with the new owner, manager and playing staff. Hopefully we can
build a solid foundation to have a successful season next year.

Slowly but surely the side is starting to gel. Rodallega seems to have dipped recently in form but he has managed to form a very lucrative relationship with McCormack whom despite his 'lack' of goals has proven a valuable and in some eyes expensive asset. In regards to the youngsters if Lass Vigen Christensen is fit he can be a game changer, with his good range of passing / vision with his determination to get into the box he would give the Royals a torrid time.

I feel personally we have underestimated teams in this league, the likes of Nottingham Forest, Millwall, Wolves and it pains me to say it.. Brentford. I think as said before this is a transition season, I feel we are learning about this division in each and every game and in the long term it will only benefit us.

Steve Clarke is a fantastic appointment I feel he could have easily got a job with the premier league again so was surprised when he decided to drop down to the championship. If Kit would not have been appointed he would have been my next choice.

I would like to think we can get a result here, it seems like when we score we concede and when we don't score we don't concede. I would like to think Kit is finally getting a balance between scoring and conceding so I will be going for a 3-1 win to the Whites. Scorers to be Kacaniklic, McCormack and Parker with one for our old boy Pogrebnyak.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Chesh

Quote from: Tomo on January 16, 2015, 01:17:08 PM
and when we don't score we don't concede.
er, bit confused by this comment, given our last 3 league games, in which we haven't scored in any, yet have conceded in all  :005:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

daib0

Quote from: snarks on January 16, 2015, 11:59:54 AM
I have noticed that a lot of away teams bring a lot of support to Fulham, Sheff Wed bought their biggest away support, Milwall too.

Must be the nice friendly atmosphere.

You're actually right! Wouldn't see a quarter of that amount round Millwall way!!