watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lineup for U21 game tonight

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, January 12, 2015, 06:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

Some parents in Southampton are surely having a laugh calling their child Armani Little.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: FPT on January 12, 2015, 08:25:38 PM
Buffonge and Adeniran? Both 15 aren't they? Excellent prospects they must be, heard good things, haven't seen the U-18s this year with me being in Bournemouth.

Correct both DJ and Dennis are both still technically u16s.

Both have been playing up in the u18s, especially Dennis, but to play up again for the 21s, albeit on the bench, shows how much faith the club have in them

There's one or 2 very promising players in the u18s so expect to see a few more come through soon

cmg

Quote from: Ronnief on January 12, 2015, 10:01:17 PM
Having watched the match tonight, without doubt David can certainly pass the ball but there were times when he held onto the ball too long and lost possession. Kacaniclic played midfield and was largely annonimous throughout the game. Rodak was in goal and he hardly kicked the ball long all match.  The passing from goalkeeper to defenders at times was very risky and I was suprised Southampton didn't take advantage on occasions. Both Southampton goals were scored early on from corners and both goals were scored by their tall defenders. Our team looked midgets in comparison.  Plumain took his goal well and had a few more chances as well. All in all a draw would not have been a bad result but for some waywood shooting and one shot hitting the post.  Passley did OK but I would not like to see him as a center half. Eisfield played OK but would have to impress me more before he gets into the first team.

What's this? Report and analysis of one of our games from someone who has actually watched it?
How radical. Are you some kind of anarchist?

[Please accept this as my rather twisted way of thanking you for providing this valuable information]

MJG

Southampton have this highlights and reaction video already up
http://youtu.be/XFNC_igYN5Q

Ronnief

Replying to CMG, I occasionally visit Motspur Park to watch the under 21's and I then pass some comments after the match. I'm glad someone actually read it. Over many years I've watched our up and coming players and I am very often wrong about their abilities. In the past I used to like Elvis Hammond play for the youth and reserve teams.  On Saturday I saw him play for Kingstonians, his style of play was much the same but the pace has gone. Last nights match was played at a good tempo and was impressed by both teams. Its always good to see some of our promising youngsters.

CottagersOnTour

Quote from: Ronnief on January 13, 2015, 11:23:19 AM
In the past I used to like Elvis Hammond play for the youth and reserve teams.  On Saturday I saw him play for Kingstonians, his style of play was much the same but the pace has gone.

Ahh Elvis, came to Woking late in his career, then Farnborough now with the K's, obviously likes SW London & Surrey ;)

PokerMatt

Saw Elvis Hammond a few times last and early this season play for the might Eastbourne Borough. Didn't see him do one thing in any of said games. He's still yet to find his level.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

cmg

Apparently a fractured ankle for Dean O'Halloran. Desperate luck for a lad just coming back after injury.

CottagersOnTour

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 13, 2015, 01:02:30 PM
Saw Elvis Hammond a few times last and early this season play for the might Eastbourne Borough. Didn't see him do one thing in any of said games. He's still yet to find his level.

He scored 30 odd goals in 60 games for Woking in the Blue SQ South, then I think he got put away for money laundering.....

He also tested positive for cocaine when a Fulham player in 2004, lovely chap.

He left and Betsy came back, best switch ever.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on January 13, 2015, 09:21:11 AM
Quote from: FPT on January 12, 2015, 08:25:38 PM
Buffonge and Adeniran? Both 15 aren't they? Excellent prospects they must be, heard good things, haven't seen the U-18s this year with me being in Bournemouth.

Correct both DJ and Dennis are both still technically u16s.

Both have been playing up in the u18s, especially Dennis, but to play up again for the 21s, albeit on the bench, shows how much faith the club have in them

There's one or 2 very promising players in the u18s so expect to see a few more come through soon
I've watched Adeniran play a couple of times this season for the U18 both he and Foday stood out head and shoulders above the rest, didn't realise he still qualified for the U16's now even more impressed.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: cmg on January 13, 2015, 01:54:31 PM

Apparently a fractured ankle for Dean O'Halloran. Desperate luck for a lad just coming back after injury.
This is indeed tragic news, hope its just a hairline fracture and he recovers and it doesn't affect his fearless tackling which is one of his strengths.

PokerMatt

Quote from: CottagersOnTour on January 13, 2015, 04:00:18 PM

He scored 30 odd goals in 60 games for Woking in the Blue SQ South, then I think he got put away for money laundering.....

Lovely chap, lovely friends.

Was still good to see him play, mind. Not often an ex-FFC player turns up at the local yard.

Having said that.. I'm not sure if they still have him but Eastbourne last season and earlier this had Adam Watts at CB - now he was impressive for that level, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved up a notch or two.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

CottagersOnTour

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 13, 2015, 05:27:36 PM
Quote from: CottagersOnTour on January 13, 2015, 04:00:18 PM

Lovely chap, lovely friends.

Was still good to see him play, mind. Not often an ex-FFC player turns up at the local yard.

Having said that.. I'm not sure if they still have him but Eastbourne last season and earlier this had Adam Watts at CB - now he was impressive for that level, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved up a notch or two.

Yeh always nice to see, its why I so loved Betsy coming back to Woking, we sold him for 250k to Fulham in 1998 and he came back at the ripe old age of 36 in 2012, dropping down from L2 to Blue Sq Sth and getting us promoted in his first season back.

Woking have a bit of a reputation of taking the drop-outs/bad boys from top academy's and giving them a route back into the game via non-league.

Most recent success is Harry Arter, who we picked up off on a free from Charlton and subsequently sold to B'mouth 2 years ago for a nominal fee, as we all know he's playing very well at the moment!

We have a CM at the moment who is far too good for the league, ex-West Ham academy, BBC even did a profile on him (and a few other) players at the start of the year:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28950665

Josh Payne... Served time for ABH but back on the right track now, over does it a bit but a cut above most other players in the division.