News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is anyone else happy to see Forlan crash out today?

Started by AmericanJames, July 06, 2010, 09:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanJames

Is it just me or I am just still a bit salty from the Europa Cup ?
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

FatFreddysCat

Nope i was hoping such a classy player would go further than his small country sould only dream about. He came across and comisarated with our players before celebrating his win, no way would i have thought about that. Class player, class guy, just a pity a madrid player rather than Fulham or we would still be talking about us being champions of Europe.

Tom

I was cheering for the Dutch to win and advance. I would like to see a Dutch vs Germany final. Forlan is a class player and I would take him playing for Fulham any day!
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 06, 2010, 09:24:03 PM
Nope i was hoping such a classy player would go further than his small country sould only dream about. He came across and comisarated with our players before celebrating his win, no way would i have thought about that. Class player, class guy, just a pity a madrid player rather than Fulham or we would still be talking about us being champions of Europe.
Once again I agree with you Freddy.  :59:
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

I guess your right about that, he came off as a classy lad after the came, and i would love to have him here at Fulham, its just that the game gutted me so much I dont know if i could take him winning the World Cup as well especially knowing Clint would have done him in if the Yanks would have made it past Ghana
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

TheDaddy

Your still salty AJ.
A great player only shame is hes decided to stay at athletico wouldnt minded him down at Fulham.Harshly treated by Man U i thought.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Fulham_Adam

I have a lot of respect for the guy and he's one of my favourite players outside of Fulham- even if he did break my heart :(
The past is told by those who win.

ron

Simply one of the greats of football. How lucky we are to have been beaten (if, of course, beaten we had to be) by a player of extreme quality. Just imagine having lost that final thanks to the efforts of some utter chav who had done nothing else in his career !

Jimpav

I had mixed feelings about this.

I have come to strongly admire Forlan as a player this tournament. He has demonstrated his class on the biggest stage of them all.

Secondly I will normally go onto support any team that has progressed at our expense (providing that they are not cheating scum or Spurs). There is no shame in losing to the team that is the eventual winner.  Therefore tonight I will contraversially be cheering on the ever so slick and robust Germans.

On the other hand, the handabll incident on Friday was disgusting and I would have hated to see that little weasel have the opportunity to re-join his team mates for the final. Much in the same way I took pleasure from the French crashing out.

Jimbobob

Quote from: AmericanJames on July 06, 2010, 09:18:13 PM
Is it just me or I am just still a bit salty from the Europa Cup ?
:dft012: :dft010: :dft008:
Nope not at all...was hoping they would win. He is nothing but class.............
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Jimbobob

"On the other hand, the handabll incident on Friday was disgusting"

:023: :022: :023:
Was the handball "disgusting" when Man U did it last year against us???
Same result - red card - player sent off - pentalty kick. We made the kick.  :58:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Jimpav

There was so much more at stake though Jimbob. The world cup only comes around every 4 years and many of Ghanas players won't be there at the next one. Cheating is never cool but it should have been Ghana in the semi.

That aside isn't any blatant act of cheating disgusting? I'm not sure what the argument is?!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Not at all,very classy talented player :clap_hands:
now,the german's?-that's a different matter altogether :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014:

Jimbobob

Quote from: Jimpav on July 07, 2010, 09:01:21 PM
There was so much more at stake though Jimbob. The world cup only comes around every 4 years and many of Ghanas players won't be there at the next one. Cheating is never cool but it should have been Ghana in the semi.

That aside isn't any blatant act of cheating disgusting? I'm not sure what the argument is?!
I don't want to disagree with a legend. Cheating is not cool. It is disgusting. And you are correct this is the World Cup. But if the rule is a red card, the player tossed and a pentalty kick, then they were punished for the hand ball. He missed the pentalty kick. He makes it and it was game over. If you want a goal awarded then the rule needs to be changed if the ref's hands are tied and he can't just award a goal. I just think a reflex action to keep a ball out is not necessarily cheating. Just as pulling a guy down in the box if he is certain to score..at least there is a chance he will miss the pentalty kick. Maybe that is the issue...I see it as someone doing anything he can to stop a goal.. and paying the price and the consequences. It is much less disgusting to me than the diving and play acting and the awful officiating. Diving is cheating plan and simple. Maybe it is an american thing..if a ball is coming at me I am going to punch at it just like he did. The diving and acting makes me cringe. I consider that to be blatant cheating plus it is unmanly.
Ghana had the chance to win after the hand ball but blew it.