more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This will divide opinion... (Ruiz)

Started by CottagersOnTour, January 09, 2015, 03:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: colinwhite on January 12, 2015, 07:45:17 PM
Berbatov had a better first touch than Ruiz .
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 12, 2015, 04:22:11 PM
My only argument in this is that apparently Ruiz no longer wants to be here (at least my suspect memory tells me that I've read quotes attributed to his agent stating things to that effect) and if that is the case, I believe he should be sold.

Question:

Given Ruiz's good form and his apparent importance to our generating scoring opportunities to go along with his PL wages, would you sell him if it meant Fulham would be able to accommodate a replacement player for his position and a player to either upgrade or compete for another position of need? I would believe that his wages could realistically cover two positions with players who were on their way up the ladder, so to speak.
The only problem is that we need a skillful creative midfielder who can retain possession and create  things going forward. They don't grow on trees and are expensive .

I definitely don't want to fall out with anyone , but it does seem to that a lot of the people slagging Ruiz are also the ones complaining about us hitting it long ,who seem to have a complete lack of understanding as to  Brians attributes ,and what he brings to the party . If we want to play fast passing football we need players who can retain the ball in tight situations , in order to make the right decisions about when the ball should go forward .
The fact is that we are not the same side without a Brian Ruiz type of player . Ross has great technique ,but he not a ball retainer and is wasted in the AM role . We look Toothless and Hugo is getting no service in the box .

LVC I hear you say , also an extremely missed player in the last few games , but unlike Ross it his attacking qualities and legs we have missed not his ball retention or link up play ,(without which we tend to thump it forward and then both LVC and Rosss attacking threat is considerably nullified .

I know that Ruiz is an important player for the style we seem to be striving to play. At the same time, the stories about his desire to leave do not stop. Does anyone want a player who doesn't want to play for Fulham any longer? Does anyone not want a transfer fee and a large portion of our wages freed up in exchange for a want away player?

http://www.crhoy.com/bryan-ruiz-esta-en-periodo-de-valoraciones-con-el-objetivo-de-cambiar-de-club/

Above is another article about his leaving and the club allowing him to negotiate with teams in this window. It does say that Fulham are asking a large sum for him. So, they are apparently unwilling to take the cut rate "we've only got 6 months and we lose him" deal from interested teams. The article also has Kit saying that Fulham have the option of another year on his contract. I didn't realize this. Can anyone attest to the accuracy of the statement?

I don't want him gone. I like that we have him. I'm just not a fan of keeping players we know don't want to be with us, especially when the money freed up by their selling can help us to continue building this team.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

hovewhite

for me if he wants to play  for the club I want him to stay .Now that kits excluding him he has been a noticeable miss to our upfront players and we have stopped scoring,the club must sort this out now!

nose

Quote from: hovewhite on January 13, 2015, 01:52:58 PM
for me if he wants to play  for the club I want him to stay .Now that kits excluding him he has been a noticeable miss to our upfront players and we have stopped scoring,the club must sort this out now!

actually since LVC has been absent and ross withdrawn to a deeper position we have stopped scoring... thiose players actually contributed to goalscoring as evidenced by watching the games.... ruiz just happens to be absent.

colcliff

time for him to go
I always feel that there is a lot more to see with Bryan than he has shown at Fulham
do not feel that he is suited to  English football
and sorry to say I felt he did not live up to the price we paid for him
because he had a good world cup I think we have convinced ourselves he is better than he is
shame because as a bloke I liked him

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: colcliff on January 13, 2015, 02:29:42 PM
time for him to go
I always feel that there is a lot more to see with Bryan than he has shown at Fulham
do not feel that he is suited to  English football
and sorry to say I felt he did not live up to the price we paid for him
because he had a good world cup I think we have convinced ourselves he is better than he is
shame

I agree with all this. He has been an incredible dissapointment since he joined and a new club (clearly not English) is exactly what he needs.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

westcliff white

i heard he could be on his way to the MLS
Every day is a Fulham day

rockieroad

I'm barely convinced anyone wants him. Another thing that left a bad taste in my month was the World Cup. I remember reading comments saying, "He's too good for Fulham" during the games but when transfer time came around nobody wanted him. I didn't even see one rumor for the guy. Just always seemed strange to me

westcliff white

he never said those comments to any media outlet or on TV, it was others (although we do not know if they were said in private and were relayed). We did receive 3 offers for him Wolfsburg, Olympiakos and a cypriot club.
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Still at least no more...we cant score without him the team. Well we can away from home 3 at Rotherham and then 3 last night (ok with an extra half hour). So can we end that myth.

FulhamStu