watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky Sports...Several Clubs After Ruiz

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 14, 2015, 11:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheManOnTheBus

Won without him last night! (But - also a fan - I share the sentiment).

Chris M

In fact 1 point in 9 without, 0.1111 points per game. Leaving us on 3 points out of 25.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: westcliff white on January 14, 2015, 02:28:09 PM
He performed very well at Twente, but the Dutch league isn't akin to the premier league in anyway, the level of play but not the physicality is similar to the championship. He, sadly for me as I like him, will always struggle in a physical league like ours.

There are not many clubs in the Netherlands that could afford his wages, PSV and Ajax probably but the others I am fairly sure can't. I am a member at Feyernoord (hangover form my 3 years in Belgium and Netherlands) and they certainly cannot afford the alleged circa 30k wages he is on. So his options unles she reduces his salary there are very limited. More likely Germany, Spain or MLS (I heard Toronto mentioned the other day), of those Spain and the MLS stand out as not overly physical like here and maybe the German league.

MLS isn't a bad shout, less travel time for his internationals which seem to be what he cares most about and he would be sure to get silly wages. I mean PSV didn't want to sign him up so it's unlikely any biggish team would be interested.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Chris M on January 14, 2015, 05:28:39 PM
In fact 1 point in 9 without, 0.1111 points per game. Leaving us on 3 points out of 25.

Well, hell, I don't know why we don't just send Ruiz out there by himself, if all it take is his being on the field.

Silliness aside, I like him as a player and as a player in our club. Always have even though he's been very frustrating to watch at times. But you must realize that there's more at play in our results than just "is Bryan in the team or not".
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Whitesideup

Quote from: Tonywa on January 14, 2015, 12:58:32 PM
Can this be the same Bryan Ruiz who I am constantly reading in this forum is useless and not good enough for Fulham? Strange that there should be so much interest in him.
So much interest they will pay him next to nothing in comparison to our wages (so the rumour goes) ...and no doubt pay us next to nothing. I doubt he will leave for a huge wage cut, even for six months at the end of which he is a free agent.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 14, 2015, 04:33:54 PM
I said the same last season when Berba was here, Ruiz needs pace around him to give him the space to be able to operate. He clearly needs a bit of time on the ball to be effective but with our current starting XI and formation, we're very narrow and don't have an abundance of pace to stretch the defence which would then give Ruiz the time he needs.

I think he'd really thrive in La Liga, and hope we'd be able to get £1-2million for him, to then put back into the squad

Perhaps an Australian Rules team.
Those pitches are huge, plenty of space, and catching with his gloves would be easy.

It would be interesting to see what he did if the ball was heading towards him and he knew
there were 2 Colingwood heavies charging at him from behind.

Perhaps Chess or Ludo would be better games
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Artful Dodger

Can't see why we should accept only £1-2m for a player that performed well in the WC and can would more likely thrive in Spain or Italy. I know there is the 'we may not get anything in the summer' scenario, but we shouldn't accept less than he is worth - we could always take the option to extend his contract and then sell, I presume.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

westcliff white

His market value would be not much more than 2 million at all given he can talk to foreign clubs and leave for nothing at the end of the season assuming we do not take up the option we have of a year extension. If we were to exercise our option, then we keep him with us, possibly get a little more but given there is only a year left it wouldn't be much more, we would then have (given that he is reported as wanting to leave) an unhappy player who doesn't play or if he does play he doesn't give everything in case he gets injured, or maybe upsets the team morale, so again we become a stressed seller.

It is sad but a fact that we are over the proverbial barrel and clubs know that
Every day is a Fulham day