watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky Sports...Several Clubs After Ruiz

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 14, 2015, 11:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Sky saying several European clubs interested in Ruiz.
Valencia lead the chase but will only pay a nominal fee to meet
his £45, 000 a week wages...Maybe why he aint been playing of late dont
want him injured..

Arthur

We should ask for a fee of £2M. If Ruiz is keen to leave, he will accept a lower weekly wage that allows the club he joins to meet our (fair) valuation of him. Otherwise, he stays put.

westcliff white

Problem is if we want any fee he has to go now, otherwise we may not get anything. Kit said we have an option on him for next season but cant see us keeping an unhappy player. So we get back to selling him now for anything we can get, other clubs know this so our hands could be tied. If we get 2 million then we have done well.
Every day is a Fulham day

PokerMatt

Extend his contract for a year then we'll need to get something more than 'nominal' for him to sell. If not, we have a very good player for another season.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Bracken White

If he wants to go then I agree, £2M fee not unreasonable. If we won't play David then we need a creative midfielder to replace. Maloney from Wigan to Lecicester for £1M ... absolute bargain! So there must be some 'out there!'
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Bracken White on January 14, 2015, 12:27:23 PM
If he wants to go then I agree, £2M fee not unreasonable. If we won't play David then we need a creative midfielder to replace. Maloney from Wigan to Lecicester for £1M ... absolute bargain! So there must be some 'out there!'

Id have loved Maloney come to us.

MJG

Don't understand the logic of extending the contract of a player who does not want to be here who we could not flog last summer after he had a good WC. 
That's around potential £2m in wages with no guarantee we would sell him in summer.
Id be surprised if any team is willing to buy him at this moment for more than a million.. If that.  Just by extending his contract and asking for more does not mean we would have any more chance of getting a better deal for him.

PokerMatt

Quote from: MJG on January 14, 2015, 12:45:51 PM
Don't understand the logic of extending the contract of a player who does not want to be here who we could not flog last summer after he had a good WC. 
That's around potential £2m in wages with no guarantee we would sell him in summer.
Id be surprised if any team is willing to buy him at this moment for more than a million.. If that.  Just by extending his contract and asking for more does not mean we would have any more chance of getting a better deal for him.

Well for one, from what I've seen we're much more creative with him in the side.

Can you point me to where he said he's not happy at the club so that I can come to my own conclusion on that particular matter? If it was on here I've missed it, so would like a reminder.

It doesn't mean we'd get more, but like I said it would mean we keep hold of one of our better players. If he's that desperate to get out then he can hand in a transfer request.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

MJG

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 14, 2015, 12:53:36 PM

Well for one, from what I've seen we're much more creative with him in the side.

Can you point me to where he said he's not happy at the club so that I can come to my own conclusion on that particular matter? If it was on here I've missed it, so would like a reminder.

It doesn't mean we'd get more, but like I said it would mean we keep hold of one of our better players. If he's that desperate to get out then he can hand in a transfer request.
Symons "Bryan's situation was made quite definite to me when I first took over, and he is possibly looking to move on"
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-boss-admits-could-lose-8408785

That tells me he wants to go and has wanted to go since last summer.

Tonywa

Can this be the same Bryan Ruiz who I am constantly reading in this forum is useless and not good enough for Fulham? Strange that there should be so much interest in him.

MJG

Oh and almost no one now days hands in a transfer request. I wish players would man up more about wanting to leave clubs and do the decent thing.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on January 14, 2015, 12:58:57 PM

Oh and almost no one now days hands in a transfer request. I wish players would man up more about wanting to leave clubs and do the decent thing.

Yes your right you never hear I Want A Transfer hardly ever now.
They have their sneaky little agents crawling out of the sewers and doing
it for them..In a nice manner of course.... :022:

ron

Quote from: Tonywa on January 14, 2015, 12:58:32 PM
Can this be the same Bryan Ruiz who I am constantly reading in this forum is useless and not good enough for Fulham? Strange that there should be so much interest in him.

Perhaps it's the lure of getting a "£10m" player for a tenth of that.

Not exactly a Wilfried Bony is he?

os5889 mkII

I'm a big fan of the player. However it is clear that he was more driven to succeed at Twente and at international level.

For whatever reason since he arrived he has not looked motivated at the club. Maybe our friendly family setup is not for him and it doesn't inspire him.

Talented boy yes, talented boy at the right club for him - no.

Club in need of playmaker yes, right playmaker at club - no.

It saddens me to say it but he's not and never going to be our Messiah, he's just a very naughty boy!

Conclusion: Sell at any price.

@OsmithFFC

shnlwswlkr

The only time he's ever performed to his supposed 'potential' is in a Costa Rica shirt.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

ToodlesMcToot

All I can say is that if I was the manager of an underperforming Eredivisie club that needed a jumpstart, I'd be all in at the price of 2 million. He's the type of player that could turn a season around there.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

westcliff white

He performed very well at Twente, but the Dutch league isn't akin to the premier league in anyway, the level of play but not the physicality is similar to the championship. He, sadly for me as I like him, will always struggle in a physical league like ours.

There are not many clubs in the Netherlands that could afford his wages, PSV and Ajax probably but the others I am fairly sure can't. I am a member at Feyernoord (hangover form my 3 years in Belgium and Netherlands) and they certainly cannot afford the alleged circa 30k wages he is on. So his options unles she reduces his salary there are very limited. More likely Germany, Spain or MLS (I heard Toronto mentioned the other day), of those Spain and the MLS stand out as not overly physical like here and maybe the German league.
Every day is a Fulham day

nose

i only want what is best for fulham and that is true for all of us....
IMO sionce arriving he has failed to impress, is see no evidence, especially this season, of his skill... if he was half as good as some people crack him up to be he should be tearing up this divivion, as it is he is largely anonymous in the games..LVC, Ross, woodrow and staffy, and hoogs and so on as so forth are always visible in the game with effort and character, ruiz simply does not do anything.

As to all the interest in him? If he was that good he would have gone in summer, or a deal already in place for him now.. but he still resideds on our books. I suspect we may yet keep him because why would anyone pay money for such a player with such a huge wage.

as to the world cup. saw it and he was ok but in two games vast amounts of time and space but against england was what he is for us, anonymous. What he does do for costa rica different is get into the box more often than he does for us and if he at least did that better on match day i wouldn't be quite so critical but he seems to be so lacking in athleticism that he can't manage to keep up.

Finally it seems to me he shouldn't want to reamin at fulham, he has underpormed and he knows that he should go somewhere more suited,  there are other leagues whhere he will flourish and he wouldn't be the first to do better elesewhere.

PaulJ123

I said the same last season when Berba was here, Ruiz needs pace around him to give him the space to be able to operate. He clearly needs a bit of time on the ball to be effective but with our current starting XI and formation, we're very narrow and don't have an abundance of pace to stretch the defence which would then give Ruiz the time he needs.

I think he'd really thrive in La Liga, and hope we'd be able to get £1-2million for him, to then put back into the squad

Chris M

Still can't win without him, we'd already be relegated if we didn't have him.