watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodders?

Started by Jonaldiniho 88, January 18, 2015, 01:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

Contract up at the end of the season I believe. Who would keep him? Like him, think this is his level but despite a strong start looks one dimensional and maybe a player to help us up but once up not a player we need. The Ruiz division is clear but with him on the pitch we held the ball, gave our side composure and he scored a goal. What does rodders do other than score and work hard? Woodrow works hard, assists, holds the ball up and sometime scores. I like rodders just feel he can't be in our future plans if we plan to get somewhere unless he is on the bench.

Whitesideup

A very good question. The only point of issue is that hardly any of this team at the moment are premiership quality, and I include Parker and Ruiz in that number. If they were, we wouldn't be struggling in the lower half of the division.

I don't really know. The quality of service is so poor I am finding it hard to tell. When given an extended run he started scoring, but seems to have gone off the boil a bit of late. It shouldn't be overlooked that he scored 15 goals in a season for Wigan when they were relegated, no mean feat, so he has the ability. When we played against him I always felt he was a threat.

But I also agree that Woodrow seems to be growing in confidence and having a bigger impact on the game. Away to Villa last year he started, had a very poor half and was subbed for Rodders, and we looked much more dangerous. I think he has come on a bucket load since then. His header today back across the goal was very unselfish. I bet most would have tried to score themselves.

So I don't really know......

K33NY

I dont think so,

After our terrible last season, and not so good this season (where our goal was promotion appearantly) I think that we will continue to see some changes in the team. And with Mike Rigg in the club (known to do well thought through transfers where he has been) I think we will see several leaving the coming summer.

I think these players will leave due to contract ends (according to transfermarkt):

Rodallega (contract expires)
Ruiz (contract expires)
Kiraly (contract expires)
Zverotic (contract expires)
Tim Hoogland (contract expires)
Adil Chihi (contract expires)
Mark Fotheringham (contract expires)

Dan Burn's contract allso expires after this season, and being regular in team and suddenly being put on the bench doesnt look good, I dont think he will sign a new contract if hes offered one.

Players I think will leave due to transfer offers:

LVC, I think it will to hard to hold on to him after this season, if he continues to play as he has done, big clubs will want him, hopefully he stays.
Same goes for Roberts I think he allso will be picked up by a bigger club.
And I will not be shocked if we get a high bid on Bettinelli after this season.
I think Chris David might leave to get first team experience somewhere, if not a transfer I think he will be loaned out.

So if the contract info on transfermarkt is correct we will see alot of players leaving this summer (unless they get offered a new contrac) but I think this is unlikely, I think the club knows we need quality players coming in to get us up to that promotion goal and I think Mike Riggs has someone planned out or being scouted on allready.

This January window, and the comming summer window will be 2 very interesting ones.

Jonaldiniho 88

I agree about service but feel like he makes the least out of the service he is given. Forget who but a striker in a team below us has scored 14 league goals. As our top scorer Hugo may finish the season with that many. Not good enough. I like him and would extend his contrat but on a pay to play basis and let him know it's likely he won't start unless he is scoring as that is pretty much all he does. No link up, no assists.

MJG

Just a quick point on Hugo,  everyone slags him off saying he contributed nothing and misses chances... As do all strikers.
Watch the first chance yesterday and you will see him involved winning the ball to give to Ross who ran with it,  Hugo then backed up and received the pass. Ok he missed but he did his job in finding a position to receive the ball and shoot.
I'm just saying this as it's not as easy as he contributes nothing.
As for long term I have already stated in probably let him go and bring in another striker for next season.

Admin

Could be wrong, but didn't we activate a further year in his contract?

MJG

Quote from: Admin on January 18, 2015, 09:42:25 AMCould be wrong, but didn't we activate a further year in his contract?
Symons mentioned about the option being available and people took that as it was extended.

Lighthouse

I except that Rodders has a poor touch at times and lacks composure sometimes in front of goal. But I don't see a better striker at the club other than Ross who appears to be able to play anywhere.

I like Woodrow but he hasn't been good up to the last few appearances. So if Rodders is off we need a replacement. We need somebody to supply the forwards other than hopeful hoofs up.

I would want to keep him but I if I was him I would want to go. Poor passes to him and in the end he will lose the enthusiasm. He is a better player than given credit.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

we have an option on Ruiz and Rodders so its not that they can just leave if we want them to stay.

Personally I think Ruiz will leave this month and I would not keep rodders
Every day is a Fulham day

domprague

What's he done? Nine goals.
The trouble faced by strikers is that they can be making runs and not be picked out by the passer, make dummy runs to make space for others and generally be a nuisance but that rarely gets noticed.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 18, 2015, 07:21:49 AM
Yesterday showed the reality that Hugo relies on service, without that, apart from working hard he has no other attributes. He missed an absolute sitter yesterday. Whereas Cauley Woodrow has so much more to his game, and he makes things happen, he should be above Hugo in the pecking order, and be given an extended run.

If you are talking about the keeper save and Rodder's hitting the post Woolly, I'm not so sure it was a sitter. It came at him very quickly imo.
A great save at close range in fact. Similar to the one Betts made later on.

I do agree that Woody gives us more tho as he has more to his game and is getting better every game he plays.
A great header back to Bryan for the winner (and a class headed goal against Wolves earlier in the week).

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 18, 2015, 11:53:16 AM
I except that Rodders has a poor touch at times and lacks composure sometimes in front of goal. But I don't see a better striker at the club other than Ross who appears to be able to play anywhere.

I like Woodrow but he hasn't been good up to the last few appearances. So if Rodders is off we need a replacement. We need somebody to supply the forwards other than hopeful hoofs up.

I would want to keep him but I if I was him I would want to go. Poor passes to him and in the end he will lose the enthusiasm. He is a better player than given credit.

I agree with the "hoofs up" comment LH. Its the supply to the front we need to concentrate on.
There is very little movement in front of the back four. 

The early ball from Parker (after a run in his own half) was exactly what we need. Quick ball. It resulted in a well taken goal by Kaka.

We are ponderous and to be fair Parker is usually guilty of carrying the ball too far up field before releasing it forwards imo.
I think some of this is down to the lack of movement by our players ahead of the ball tho.

COYW!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Humbled

Service was incredibly poor yesterday.

Hugo seems to have struck up an understanding with LVC and missed him at times.
He like a striker should tho was getting in some good positions, unfortunately he didn't put them away yeaterday. On another day he could/would had had 2.

cmg

Quote from: K33NY on January 18, 2015, 02:23:24 AM
I dont think so,

After our terrible last season, and not so good this season (where our goal was promotion appearantly) I think that we will continue to see some changes in the team. And with Mike Rigg in the club (known to do well thought through transfers where he has been) I think we will see several leaving the coming summer.

I think these players will leave due to contract ends (according to transfermarkt):

Rodallega (contract expires)
Ruiz (contract expires)
Kiraly (contract expires)
Zverotic (contract expires)
Tim Hoogland (contract expires)
Adil Chihi (contract expires)
Mark Fotheringham (contract expires)

Dan Burn's contract allso expires after this season, and being regular in team and suddenly being put on the bench doesnt look good, I dont think he will sign a new contract if hes offered one.

Players I think will leave due to transfer offers:

LVC, I think it will to hard to hold on to him after this season, if he continues to play as he has done, big clubs will want him, hopefully he stays.
Same goes for Roberts I think he allso will be picked up by a bigger club.
And I will not be shocked if we get a high bid on Bettinelli after this season.
I think Chris David might leave to get first team experience somewhere, if not a transfer I think he will be loaned out.

So if the contract info on transfermarkt is correct we will see alot of players leaving this summer (unless they get offered a new contrac) but I think this is unlikely, I think the club knows we need quality players coming in to get us up to that promotion goal and I think Mike Riggs has someone planned out or being scouted on allready.

This January window, and the comming summer window will be 2 very interesting ones.

Blimey, that's a bit drastic. That's a clear-out of Magathian proportions. If that lot go all we'll be left with is Ross, Kaca, Scotty (and his Bus Pass), a few of loanees at the extremities of Europe and the lady who makes the tea at Motspur Park.

Actually, apart from a bit of housekeeping clearance of obviously unwanted items (although the problem there is that, if you don't want 'em, probably no one else does either) I don't expect a lot of change.
To me the measure of our ambition will be the extent to which we can retain, and even extend the contracts of, our young talent pool.

domprague

Surely Hoogland will stay?
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Humbled

Quote from: domprague on January 18, 2015, 01:35:55 PM
What's he done? Nine goals.
The trouble faced by strikers is that they can be making runs and not be picked out by the passer, make dummy runs to make space for others and generally be a nuisance but that rarely gets noticed.

Agreed. His off the ball work seems to go unnoticed.
Woodrow can do a different job to Rodders. Rodders prefers a pressure game whereas Woodrow is more of a drop short ball into feet player.
Both require a certain style around them. The 2 styles can work together.
Roddrs has scored and created a lot of our goals this season and also has a lot of interceptions to his name (which have then created chances and even goals)

Rodders will always be a scapegoat to some however where confusion kicks (for me) in is when the guys complaining about him are Ruiz fans.