watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dirty Reading?

Started by Skatzoffc, January 18, 2015, 02:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

I must say that was one of the poorest games I've ever seen, apart from the result, obviously.

I haven't seen a team do so much fouling; arguing with the ref/linos at every decision; gamesmanship by every player on the pitch from trying to get our players booked to walking off with the ball and dropping it 15 yards away at every opportunity; pushing players over barriers when no-where near the ball (which on two occasions was 3 yards away still on the pitch).

It was akin to watching my most hated team of old, the disgraceful, imo, Tranmere Rovers.

To say the the ref let them get away with it does not imo give them an excuse.

This has obviously come from the training ground, so I would presume the coach Steve Clarke.
I'd go as far as to say if I were a Reading fan I'd bin my season ticket rather than watch the shameful anti-football practiced by almost every player in their team yesterday.

An awful and shameful spectacle to sit through.  096.gig

COYW!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Lighthouse

They seemed to spend an awful lot of time cheating and whining. I watched the replay and was feeling a bit embarrassed at the behaviour. Not sure they need to act like that as they seem capable of playing without trying to get the opposition booked and sent off. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

domprague

I thought you were going to suggest some mucky books.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

cookieg

The ref allowed them to get away with it as he should have dealt with it the first half and booked a couple of their players early on.

Twig

Quote from: Skatzoffc on January 18, 2015, 02:57:39 PM
I must say that was one of the poorest games I've ever seen, apart from the result, obviously.

I haven't seen a team do so much fouling; arguing with the ref/linos at every decision; gamesmanship by every player on the pitch from trying to get our players booked to walking off with the ball and dropping it 15 yards away at every opportunity; pushing players over barriers when no-where near the ball (which on two occasions was 3 yards away still on the pitch).

It was akin to watching my most hated team of old, the disgraceful, imo, Tranmere Rovers.

To say the the ref let them get away with it does not imo give them an excuse.

This has obviously come from the training ground, so I would presume the coach Steve Clarke.
I'd go as far as to say if I were a Reading fan I'd bin my season ticket rather than watch the shameful anti-football practiced by almost every player in their team yesterday.

An awful and shameful spectacle to sit through.  096.gig

COYW!

Careful now, that comes over as slightly posh and we can't have that!

filham

I agree with all of the above and yet somehow I think we collected one more yellow card than they did. They were not sufficiently punished for their bad behaviour.

SG

Quote from: cookieg on January 18, 2015, 03:55:54 PM
The ref allowed them to get away with it as he should have dealt with it the first half and booked a couple of their players early on.
Exactly right. There was a bad foul on about the 10th minute that should have been a booking. If he had booked one of the Reading players at that time and set the standard they wouldn't have done or got away with all the gamemanship. I thought they were a disgrace and didn't need to do it as they played some decent stuff especially down the right wing

Skatzoffc

Quote from: domprague on January 18, 2015, 03:14:31 PM
I thought you were going to suggest some mucky books.

Lol.
I only just noticed that.

ron

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 18, 2015, 03:05:14 PM
They seemed to spend an awful lot of time cheating and whining. I watched the replay and was feeling a bit embarrassed at the behaviour. Not sure they need to act like that as they seem capable of playing without trying to get the opposition booked and sent off.  

Surely a case of Sour Grapes make Bitter Whine..

Lighthouse

Quote from: ron on January 18, 2015, 05:26:27 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on January 18, 2015, 03:05:14 PM

Surely a case of Sour Grapes make Bitter Whine..

I feel  :doh: yet am drawn to  :Haynes The Maestro:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

King_Crud

the ref was absolute shite and lost the players early on, he allowed it to happen

Bill2

When their number 12 kicked the ball away when score was 1-1 after ref had blown up it had booking written all over it, yet nothing. Also would have been his 2nd yellow card so should have been off.

Max Headroom

I mentioned this to a friend of mine who is a Reading supporter. He said they have been like that since Steve Clarke arrived.

I was quite shocked and I really hope Fulham never go that way.

Skatzoffc

Maybe a lucky escape he didn't come to us.
His name was mentioned if I recall.

COYW!

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Well we will have 2 more games against Reading next season

So I hope we have our game plan worked out by then as the standard of referees is unlikely to have improved by then

COYW!

copthornemike

One positive - we scored so late that their time wasting towards the end of the 90 minutes blew up in their face.

NorfolkJim

Reading were dirty and unsporting throughout the game - lots of petty niggles - lots of boot - lots of wind up. The sad thing is they clearly didnt need to play like that.
As for putting our players into the hoardings - it looked borderline assault to me but they got away with it - which made the late goal all the more enjoyable - serves the burgers right!