https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Derby up to their old tricks again

Started by Admin, January 18, 2015, 07:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Police examine 'assault' of footballer Kelvin Wilson

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-30870007

Police are investigating an alleged assault against a Nottingham Forest player at the end of a match.

A 23-year-old Derby fan, who was originally arrested on suspicion of pitch encroachment, has been interviewed about the incident and bailed.

A clip posted on video sharing website Vine shows a man running towards Kelvin Wilson after his team won the match.

He made contact with the player, who fell over.

The man then ran at Wilson again before other players intervened.

It happened after the final whistle at Derby County's iPro Stadium, after Forest won 2-1.

Following the game, a car belonging to Nottingham Forest chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi was found vandalised in the directors' car park.

Police are investigating the damage, along with a report of a coach window being smashed and other cars being damaged.

A man was tackled by stewards after the final whistle during the match at the iPro Stadium in Derby

Supt Gary Parkin said "tension arose between both sets of supporters" at the end of the game.

"A 23-year-old Derby supporter from the south stand entered the playing area and made contact with a Nottingham Forest player," he said.

"The supporter has been arrested and a joint investigation will be taking place between Derbyshire Police and Derby County."

He said police need to take a statement from Kelvin Wilson, but they do not believe he has been seriously hurt.

Officers will also be examining CCTV footage of the ground.

Fawaz Al Hasawi tweeted a photo of his damaged Mercedes-Benz Viano

In a statement, Derby County said: "Derby County are concerned at the encroachment of the playing area by a home supporter at the end of Saturday's game with Nottingham Forest.

"The supporter was apprehended by stewards and subsequently arrested by Derbyshire Police.

"The matter is now in the hands of the authorities and the club won't be making any further statement at this stage."

Bill2

They weren't so concerned when several thousand encroached back in 86.

Andy S

Neither was anyone else including the football league.

robert

Many people have said to me it was so long ago I should get over it and forget about the past.I can never forget those Derby scum and I'm pleased to see other FFC supporters still remember those cheats in the same way I do,so am not alone!!!

MJG

Quote from: robert on January 18, 2015, 08:17:48 PM
Many people have said to me it was so long ago I should get over it and forget about the past.I can never forget those Derby scum and I'm pleased to see other FFC supporters still remember those cheats in the same way I do,so am not alone!!!
+1

GrahamG

Andy S - Actually NOT true about our incident. I got a meeting with Graham Kelly, Chair of the Football League, about 6-8 weeks after the match and he said that FFC had never really pursued the matter after initial complaints. He said that I had put up far more of a fight than had the club!

Northern Cottager

Quote from: GrahamG on January 18, 2015, 08:53:08 PM
Andy S - Actually NOT true about our incident. I got a meeting with Graham Kelly, Chair of the Football League, about 6-8 weeks after the match and he said that FFC had never really pursued the matter after initial complaints. He said that I had put up far more of a fight than had the club!

Does that surprise you? We've been walkovers for years.

Lighthouse

Really? Well I guess as you talked to Graham Kelly the bastion of honesty, that must be true. After all it wasn't to his advantage to lie about it.  :005:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Here's to hoping that Derby get found guilty by the FA of failing to do whatever and get a 10 point reduction. Yeah, I know it won't happen, but one can dream, cannot one?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

GrahamG

Lighthouse - giggle all you like but I had lots of correspondence with the Football League and lots more with the club. The club put very little effort into righting the wrong.

Two Ton Ted

That's interesting. I was told a similiar tale a good few years back that Ernie Clay didn't want us promoted at all, so therefore the club hardly pursued it.

2 years later if the rumours were true we found out why. 
Never ever bloody anything ever.

MJG

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on January 19, 2015, 10:39:52 AM

That's interesting. I was told a similiar tale a good few years back that Ernie Clay didn't want us promoted at all, so therefore the club hardly pursued it.

2 years later if the rumours were true we found out why. 
Also the reason Clay did not cough up for Andy Thomas

Baszab

I hear you....but if you read Malcolm Mcdonald's autobiography there is the full legal submission by FFC to the Football League - which looks like they did follow it up - they didn't seem to appear to respond after the first submission though

Lighthouse

It was a bitter time for us all. I just don't understand why Clay, who was a money grabbing so and so would not have wanted the extra income that promotion would bring. Or is that the legal battles would have taken too much money?

As there are those in the know, what other action should or could Fulham have taken?

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Swan

I have hated Derby ever since that kick on our player.
The Swan

andyk

We were 1-0 down with 4 mins to go, we had to win to go up. We didn't get promoted because in the 2 crucial games (home to Leicester and away to Derby) we didn't score a goal. Now lads it is 30 years ago, get the concrete mixer, get the trowels and start building that bloody bridge.