watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone got any idea

Started by H4usuallysitting, January 19, 2015, 10:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

who the two clubs were talking too about signing two players - and who are the players??

if not sure, then go for Carlton Cole and David Bentley

westcliff white

I heard Woods of Leicester could be one, the other I am guessing could be Huth as there were some tenuous rumours. But in reality it is anyone's guess
Every day is a Fulham day

filham

I suggest that first you have to guess who the players are that would be leaving to make room for them. Surely our squad is oversize for a championship budget.

Craven Mad

Rumours were that they're Huth and Woods.

But I'm hoping we're bolstering the fullbacks, wingers, or creative CM spots instead.

H4usuallysitting

I was hoping for a mid field player or two.....weve got plenty of fire power up front (and still have Smith and Mitro out on loan)......with Hoog and Amore back in training, our defence will be tighter.....the missing link must be midfield, doesn't Fofana go back to City soon - that's were the hole is now, we should plug it

westcliff white

Personally I think the powder is somewhat damp in our fire power, Hugo 6 game swihtout scoring, Cauley a few game sbefore Wolves and Ross played out of position, dembele doesnt seem to have stepped up  just yet, Mitro not being recalled as per Kit, and Smith will probably be an option off the bench, so a striker who can score to light the fire son everyone else would be good, of course we could just move Ross up front.

Defensively I think we need something I really do, not sure hwat it is though, I always feel we need at least 2 goals to win a game (and given we have not been scoring tom many of late Wolves game aside) due to defensive frailties so that is an issue.

With Tunni being recalled I think that gives us quite a few centrally, Kaca wide gives us more options but we could do with another and Kit also seemed very upbeat on Larnell Cole so hopefully he is fit soon as well.

Leaving I see Ruiz going this month, hope I am wrong but reckon the club will want something for him, even though we do have an option to extend his contract. Also for me Fotheringham and Chihi can be let go either released or nominal fee. Hard on Chihi as he looked OK in his one run out but ha snot had a look in under Kit.

Every day is a Fulham day

PaulJ123

I dont think we'll get Huth (and I dont think we need him). Wood i dont understand really, I'd rather we just played Woodrow then have Rodallega and Smith as subs. Surely a winger should be top of our priorities

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 19, 2015, 02:32:20 PM
I would have thought a winger and a creative central midfielder would be top of our priorities.

Common sense suggests these are the positions we're lacking, as well as maybe another quality CB...but we will sign a right back and a striker...an injured striker.

millsy

Surely it's clear for all to see and has been since Danny's legs finally gave up, that we need a midfielder who can:
A) take the ball from our defenders and act as the link between defence and attack, instead of continually lumping it long!
B) put his foot on the ball and enable those around him to run into space, before releasing passes. It doesn't have to be first time all the time!
C) direct the play across the midfield and try to curtail the excessive backwards/sideways passing routine we so often seem to fall into
D) encourage overlaps and channel running from colleagues, by playing the quarterback role and giving the team confidence that he will be looking for a forward pass, wherever and whenever possible

If we can find someone with the ability and presence to fulfil this role, I think our play would be transformed. Not only that, I believe it would bring the best out of our best player, Ross, who will not have to play so deep and will also have some quality balls to work with for a change.

I would blow the budget on this man, if we can find and lure him. It's that vital to us.

Just my thoughts.

MJG

Quote from: millsy on January 19, 2015, 02:37:24 PM
Surely it's clear for all to see and has been since Danny's legs finally gave up, that we need a midfielder who can:
A) take the ball from our defenders and act as the link between defence and attack, instead of continually lumping it long!
B) put his foot on the ball and enable those around him to run into space, before releasing passes. It doesn't have to be first time all the time!
C) direct the play across the midfield and try to curtail the excessive backwards/sideways passing routine we so often seem to fall into
D) encourage overlaps and channel running from colleagues, by playing the quarterback role and giving the team confidence that he will be looking for a forward pass, wherever and whenever possible

If we can find someone with the ability and presence to fulfil this role, I think our play would be transformed. Not only that, I believe it would bring the best out of our best player, Ross, who will not have to play so deep and will also have some quality balls to work with for a change.

I would blow the budget on this man, if we can find and lure him. It's that vital to us.

Just my thoughts.
Danny played in predominately a 442 for us. So at the moment Parker takes up one of the central roles. LVC is the closest we have to Danny Murphy given your list of requirements. Once we see Kit settle us down into 442 you will see LVC grow into that player.
Currently we have seen him wide right or in a middle 3, he can do almost all of what you are asking of.

Hyndman will be on his coat tails for a central spot with his long range passing.

I dont believe its the passer we need, its the defensive central midfield player who can give one of these two the space to do their job.

millsy

If either Emerson or LVC can develop into this role then fine. I do like both of them and each bring something to the team, which is valuable. Not sure if either quite fit the bill though, even when given better support, at least not yet.

Who do I have in mind? Being honest, players like this are like gold-dust and most of the best of them are already discovered and playing in the premiership. In our current circs, if we're not going to wait for our youngsters to come through, I think we may have to pay a bit over the odds for someone proven but just past their best, as Danny was when he came to us. Don't really know who's available but would love someone like Whittingham or Larson. Ideally someone in the Silva, Coutinho, Lampard mould. Well, we can dream, can't we?

TheManOnTheBus

Pirlo is on his way down and would love - cultured chap that he is - love to live in London I'm sure

PaulJ123

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 19, 2015, 02:32:20 PM
I would have thought a winger and a creative central midfielder would be top of our priorities.

Agreed but can't see us getting a CM in. We have Parker, Tunnicliffe, Fofana, Hyndman, LVC, Eisfeld, Ruiz to an extent.

millsy