watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Phelan

Started by westcliff white, January 20, 2015, 11:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Mike Phelan has left Norwich, now I know this isnt FFC related however....

I know we don't have an assistant manager at present, but maybe Phelan would be a good shout with is experience to help guide Kit along?

Just a thought, maybe we do not need anyone but the thought occurred to me over my cup of tea.
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Another ex Utd assistant, went well last time ;-)

westcliff white

Hehe true MJG, but Rene was getting there in my opinion. i was actually surprised Rene didnt bring Phelan in with him.

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on January 20, 2015, 12:00:29 PM
Hehe true MJG, but Rene was getting there in my opinion. i was actually surprised Rene didnt bring Phelan in with him.
the problem with Phelan would be that we all know he wants a managers job and it would undermine Kit I reckon.
Although I do tend to agree that an older head in the dugout might be a good thing to do. We have asked about the coaching setup at the monthly meetings with the club and the best answer I can give is that its up to Kit.

westcliff white

fair enough. i looked at the staff profiles and it seemed missing the experienced head. Most new managers like that around, I remember Lennie Lawrence doing it for someone, but each to there own

dannyboi-ffc

Anyone who has voiced their desire to be a manager will not have their heart in it at Fulham. I think it was very obvious Rene only agreed to come to Fulham in the first place was because the managers job was basically his. He was never going to be Head Coach or whatever his fancy title was.

Too many chefs as the saying goes and it will be a problem just like it was when Bert and Ernie became Rene's assistants.

Kit needs an experienced head alongside him but that person needs to be willing to guide Kit along the path to his own success and not bed their feet in waiting to take his place. Ray Lewington would be perfect but he deserves his crack at England with Woy
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

H4usuallysitting

Might be the problem that's occurring at QPR......Twitchy and Goddle......they must have a special ego room over there

Baszab

Not sure if Mark Pembridge would be that happy

westcliff white

Don't understand why he would be, he is a coach, I am referring to an assistant manager role, maybe Sean reed would be upset but we do not have an assistant listed right now.

I take the point about those wanting to be managers, but surely there are some who fit the bill out there, that is if Kit wanted one of course. Perhaps Kit wanted some help as from what I heard we went for a DoF role and that wasn't filled, but then maybe Mike Rigg is the man they got under a different tile in the end.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: westcliff white on January 20, 2015, 11:58:20 AM
Mike Phelan has left Norwich, now I know this isnt FFC related however....

I know we don't have an assistant manager at present, but maybe Phelan would be a good shout with is experience to help guide Kit along?

Just a thought, maybe we do not need anyone but the thought occurred to me over my cup of tea.

We definetely need someone to sort Kit's tactics out. He's lacking any diversity.

FPT

We would benefit from an experienced coach, but I wouldn't take anyone from Manchester United - Wally Downes once said that United players aren't good to take at the best of times, they've not been in relegations battles, they've had the best and it takes a strong personality to take the step down.

Mike Phelan had a "better" side than us with Norwich, in that, they've got more players that are at their peak with experience and he couldn't help Neil Adams get results from them, so how would he help us? I think the guy is full of himself and his comments after Sir Alex left showed a personality I don't like. A bit of a slime ball that doesn't have the character for Fulham.

You may have coached at Manchester United, but you're not good enough for Fulham.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: FPT on January 20, 2015, 02:03:35 PM
We would benefit from an experienced coach, but I wouldn't take anyone from Manchester United - Wally Downes once said that United players aren't good to take at the best of times, they've not been in relegations battles, they've had the best and it takes a strong personality to take the step down.

Mike Phelan had a "better" side than us with Norwich, in that, they've got more players that are at their peak with experience and he couldn't help Neil Adams get results from them, so how would he help us? I think the guy is full of himself and his comments after Sir Alex left showed a personality I don't like. A bit of a slime ball that doesn't have the character for Fulham.

You may have coached at Manchester United, but you're not good enough for Fulham.

Brillaintly put!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

snarks

Phelen will go to Hull to help Bruce. I don't think he'd be right for Fulham, he might have been under Rene, but not now.