News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will we sign any new players this January?

Started by The Old Count, January 21, 2015, 02:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

I know we go about our transfer business quietly but it seems extra quiet this year.

I wonder if we're not going to get anyone in this window.

Perhaps targets aren't available or too expensive due to the time of year.

Anyone hopeful of a decent signing or two?

Mince n Tatties

Think we might spring a surprise, we done it before.... 049:gif

TheManOnTheBus

On the video before the last game, Kit said he was looking at two "expensive" players that could make the difference.  He wouldn't have said that if there wasn't the possibility. (Of course things don't always work out as you plan it.)

CottagersOnTour

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on January 21, 2015, 03:19:26 PM
On the video before the last game, Kit said he was looking at two "expensive" players that could make the difference.  He wouldn't have said that if there wasn't the possibility. (Of course things don't always work out as you plan it.)

Yup, he said the quality of the couple of players we were looking at was very high and indicated we wouldn't just bring anyone in, only people who dramatically improve the squad as a whole (but then who doesn't say that?).

ToodlesMcToot

Wonder if that wouldn't spell the end for Bryan or one of the other higher wage players then. I don't know where we stand currently with FFP but, I wouldn't think that we have lots of room under our "spending cap".
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 21, 2015, 03:57:28 PM
Expensive ? Hmmm. Who would be available about now, and what positions would he be looking at. Would they be Premier players who are not automatic choice, or maybe outstanding Championship players, which may or may not narrow it down.

I'm just hoping they'd be "expensive" youngish players who can still develop into PL type performers. At least that way we could leverage their skill to get promoted and remain in the PL or profit from their sale at some point.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

nose

Craven Mad

Currently I don't think promotion is a possibility, so I'm happy with getting back Tunni and Kaca, and extending the contracts of our promising youngsters (Kav+G.Williams done so far, hopefully a couple more too).

But, that's not to say I wouldn't be over the moon if Kit bags us a couple of exciting newbies!

hovewhite

Well kit is building with kaka and ryan back which seem good moves if you add the man city lad till the and of there season I'm happy with that,and think if he can't get theright additions he's right to wait rather sign someone for thesake of it.

bobbo

I'm living in hope we get someone, after all we have one of the richest owners if not the richest opener in our division we need some new and better blood.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

cmg

Expensive players aren't that difficult to get hold of. The trick is to get good ones.

BedsFFC

I dont want to start a new "Ruiz" thread. You know what happens with them.

But, if he was going, would he not already be gone? Transfer wise, he is our ace in the pack to release funds. Don't think teams have been announced yet but if he plays, he could stay. I bloody hope so

Admin

If the right players come along, then I think we'll sign a couple, but can't see us spending money for the sake of it. Any real spending will be done in the Summer, when Mike Rigg has a say in it, but for now can just see loans to get us over the finishing line.