watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

For those who say Kit is not good enough

Started by Mokes, January 22, 2015, 02:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mokes

Here is a look at the league table since Kit took over. I even included the Blackburn game that we lost 0-1 when Kit had only been the manager for about 20 hours before the game. He shouldn't really be held accountable for that result, but just to be thorough I included that round.

P   W   D   L   CS   FtS   F   A   GD   Pt   PPG
1   Bournemouth   20   13   4   3   9   3   46   18   +28   43   2.15
2   Ipswich Town   20   11   6   3   7   2   37   21   +16   39   1.95
3   Middlesbrough   20   10   8   2   11   6   33   11   +22   38   1.90
4   Derby County   19   11   3   5   10   3   35   17   +18   36   1.89
5   Brentford           19   11   2   6   6   3   33   26   +7   35   1.84
6   Fulham           20   10   3   7   5   6   34   29   +5   33   1.65
7   Watford           19   8   5   6   4   3   35   22   +13   29   1.53
8   Birmingham City   19   8   5   6   4   7   26   27   -1   29   1.53
9   Wolverhampton    19   8   5   6   7   4   24   30   -6   29   1.53
10   Bolton           19   8   4   7   6   5   22   21   +1   28   1.47
11   Norwich City   19   7   6   6   3   4   34   27   +7   27   1.42
12   Blackburn      19   6   8   5   5   4   23   21   +2   26   1.37
13   Huddersfield      19   7   5   7   3   7   27   30   -3   26   1.37
14   Sheffield           19   6   7   6   8   8   14   19   -5   25   1.32
15   Cardiff City   20   7   5   8   4   5   28   31   -3   26   1.30
16   Brighton         20   4   10   6   5   5   22   25   -3   22   1.10
17   Rotherham    19   3   10   6   4   9   16   24   -8   19   1.00
18   Leeds United   20   4   7   9   4   5   21   28   -7   19   0.95
19   Charlton            19   3   9   7   4   9   13   26   -13   18   0.95
20   Reading           19   4   5   10   5   8   20   32   -12   17   0.89
20   Nottingham   20   3   8   9   5   7   20   32   -12   17   0.85
22   Blackpool           19   3   7   9   4   6   16   33   -17   16   0.84
23   Wigan Athletic   19   2   7   10   4   7   17   27   -10   13   0.68
24   Millwall           19   2   7   10   6   7   17   36   -19   13   0.68

This is with the same side that took 1 point from it's first 7 games, sat rock bottom of the league and only had Blackpool below us in the goals scored column.

Kit has done amazingly well with this squad and for people to say he should be doing better is ridiculous. I would say that there are 5 points that we have thrown away under kits reign, 2 of them against Blackpool and 3 at home to Brighton, but slips up are expected with any team.

There is no reason whatsoever that Kit will be unable to see this club progress.

He gets the best out of the players, he loves the club and he represents the club perfectly.

Seriously get behind him and stay behind him unless he gives us genuine reason not to!

Snibbo

Baszab

Well said -- for the thousandth time - needs to be repeat weekly to the moaners on this site

People have no idea what a mess the players/squad were in after FM's disastrous and morale destroying reign

westcliff white

Agree it was a mess, but no one knows for certain how bad unless they are inside the club, which I doubt many if any on this board are (except GJ as he proved last night as he mentioned the drinking game, last nights stress alone drove me through a bottle of red). My guess is that it was at the bottom of the barrel.
Every day is a Fulham day

hovewhite

tough job in tough circumstances but kits doing good and more now we need to support and trust him as he loves the club and derserves a chance.

Scrumpy

Well said Mokes. I have noticed among friends that I go with, as well as people on this board, that they seem to patronise Kit in a way that they would not if he was a more experienced Manager. I think it is a combination of his inexperience at the highest level, and the fact that he comes over as an all round nice guy. Some fans seem to think that you have to have a certain gravitas to be a good Manager, or years and years of experience. I think the secret is to get the best out of the players, and play a system that suits the squad that you have.

I heard grumbles when Parker was taken off yesterday. 'Clueless from Kit' etc. Turns out he had a knock and couldn't carry on playing. If Roy had been in charge, we would all have assumed that there was a good reason for the substitution. Earlier in the season there were claims that Kit was favouring his 'kids' too much and could not see past them. Why have Roberts, Williams and Dembele around the first team? Lo and behold, as soon as he is able to, he brings back two experienced players from loans and drops the kids further down the pecking order. All thoroughly good common sense.

Given time, and the chance to add his own players to the squad, I'm pretty sure we will be top six (and hopefully top 2) next season. Patience my friends.  049:gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

nose

he has done a very good job and I expect that to remain. However, it doesn't disguis the fact the substitution, no matter how enforced was nonsensical and nearly killed us.
If parker had to be withdrawn and Kit said he did, then ruiz was totally the wrong replacement. we needed energy and the ability to get stuck in, what we got was a lightweight, who was unable to keep up with play who looked cold and lost.  Not having a central midfield replacement was bad enough on the bench was bad enough but Burn would have been a better choice... he could have played their or gone in at CB with budrov moving forward... as it was we made four changes for one substitution..... i like kit plenty but that was a terrible error of judgment last night and if forrest would have been a bit more clinical we could easily have lost.

horse1031

if he shores up the goals against we will be even better than that form.

Lighthouse

There is a difference between having a go at him for poor decisions ( as all managers do). Compared to saying he isn't good enough. There is little doubt that he has the squad playing for him. He has the opportunity to go and achieve better things. The big question that some have is is he good enough to take us that one step up.

I think he is and the stats clearly show it. But will we have the right players coming in and keep the right players? That is the big question. However after years of neglect and going backwards and downwards. It is almost a shock to see us going in the right direction and Symons can be thanked for that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 23, 2015, 03:55:09 PM
There is a difference between having a go at him for poor decisions ( as all managers do). Compared to saying he isn't good enough. There is little doubt that he has the squad playing for him. He has the opportunity to go and achieve better things. The big question that some have is is he good enough to take us that one step up.

I think he is and the stats clearly show it. But will we have the right players coming in and keep the right players? That is the big question. However after years of neglect and going backwards and downwards. It is almost a shock to see us going in the right direction and Symons can be thanked for that.
Well said  0001.jpeg

SG

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 23, 2015, 06:06:45 PM

Well said  0001.jpeg
Agree 100%

YoungsBitter

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 23, 2015, 06:06:45 PM

Well said  0001.jpeg
Agree all round with this, Mokes and Scrumpy comments. The first half on Wednesday was the best football a Fulham side have played since Dembele left and that is down to Kit and having some real quality coming through.
Kit is learning his trade and the second half reconfiguration was a learning experience for him that could have lost us the game but did not. Its showed him and us, if we needed reminding how we need defensive mid cover and sadly, one he chose his bench to be one without that cover in say Zverotic he was in a tough situation. I think he is trying to keep Ruiz motivated in case he stays so instead of subbing Parker with Williams and moving Tunnicliffe into holding role or even Ruiz out right with Tunnicliffe in Parker's spot he did the 4 way shuffle and McCormack and Kaca were sacrificed so Bryan could sit in that hole behind Hugo.
As been said if he gets the squad strengthening additions and does not lose too many of the quality we have he will be doing great things by the end of the season or be ready for next....doesn't mean we will not have a frustrating whine every now and again, thats what this board is for!
Quark, strangeness and charm

alfie

Quote from: Baszab on January 22, 2015, 08:02:37 AM
Well said -- for the thousandth time - needs to be repeat weekly to the moaners on this site

People have no idea what a mess the players/squad were in after FM's disastrous and morale destroying reign

Don't call people moaners just because they may have a different opinion to you and feel that he is not the person to take us forward. I like Kit I have known him for a long while, but I am not sure he is best for the long run.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Andy S

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but changes are made when necessary and whoever you put on has only a 50/50 chance of working out. Whoever you put on. And we won

Jimpav

Parker had a bag of ice on his ankle after he came off. Perhaps he could have played on but we were 2 goals to the good and it would make sense to have him fit for Saturday.

Kit has not always been convicing but the results speak for themselves. It's a steep learning curve but I would be happy to have him as manager next season. It's a good league to cut his teeth in and I think we would have a good chance of making the play offs next season.

ChesterTheTabby

It is rather laughable how some still say Kit isn't good enough to be our manager for the long haul. With the Blackburn match included we are still 6th and in a playoff position, and not only that but I expect this team to improve every week until the end of the season. We have not seen the best of this team under Kit yet. We are on to Sunderland unbeaten in 3 games. Well done Kit!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

dannyboi-ffc

He's doing a brilliant job and deserves a chance. Will he prove to be good enough to get promoted? I'm not sure yet but it's early days, I'm just very happy with the way he's turned round the club in such a short space of time. We are in amongst many decent sides in mid table,  sides that had 12/11 points after 8 games when we had just the 1. Kit has done incredible to make up that ground, I just hope he learns when he makes mistakes.  Because when he gets things wrong we seem to collapse.

I think the most incredible thing about this thread is how people criticised me in the end for turning on magath. Results and the happiness of the team has proved magath had to go. I'm just pleased he didn't stay long enough to do any more damage.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

filham

I will  from time to time have my moans about the team and tactics , my present concern is all those high long kicks from keeper up to Hugo which are easily won by the defender and do nothing for us but readily set up another attack for our opponents, however make no mistake I am in no doubt that Kit has done a wonderful job for us so far.  He has in 20 matches produced top six results from a squad that were favourites for relegation without spending a penny in the transfer market.

We surely must all give Kit our full support, remember any thought of promotion from a team in the state it was in when Kit took over could only have been a dream in the minds of the most optimistic of fans, our target could only have been to avoid relegation.

Even now we have not closed the points gap between us and the top six , it would take an unprecedented run of wins to do this. However we have opened up a good gap from the relegation zone and if now we can hold a mid table position and further develop the team ready for next season then Kit will have done as much as anyone could have expected.

It is of course early days, some changes of players will take place in the present and summer transfer windows and it is important that Kit makes good decisions with regard to new players.

So far kit has done a great job for us but the next step or two are also difficult , lets hope he continues to perform well.

We for our part must give Kit our full support.