more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham game superstitions

Started by snarks, January 22, 2015, 11:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

So does anyone else have them?

I have a couple, I wore the away shirt I'd bought to the Watford game, it's now back in a bag in a drawer and will not see another live Fulham game.

We have to go to Tastys before every home game for chips, even if it may make us slightly late into the ground.

Egham White

I've never seen Fulham lose when buying a pie in the JH stand !
Everybody hurts sometime

Airfix

I always double-tap the turnstile number above my head as I go into the ground.  Has to be with my bare right hand.

Nuts, I know.

Berserker

We go on a losing streak if I buy anything in the club dhop.

If we win I often feel like buying a souvenir, eg t shirt, pen etc. If I do we then start losing. I now don't but anything
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Airfix on January 22, 2015, 11:40:42 AM
I always double-tap the turnstile number above my head as I go into the ground.  Has to be with my bare right hand.

Nuts, I know.

Which one is it now? It always used to be 38 didn't it?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Equalizer

Each match day, when I go that is, I have to pop into The Bricklayers and have at least 3 pints of ale before the start of the game.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Airfix

Quote from: The Equalizer on January 22, 2015, 11:42:54 AM
Quote from: Airfix on January 22, 2015, 11:40:42 AM

Nuts, I know.

Which one is it now? It always used to be 38 didn't it?

Used to be 39 but I'm not precious about which turnstile, just so long as I tap the number as I go in (according to the rules set out).

nose

I have so many it is ridiculous.
The route, the endless sayings at various stations on the way, elastic bands, sitting on the programmer first half but in the inside pocket second half), not talking to certain individuals if spotted outside the ground before the match... not talking to the manager or players on match day, lucky hat, spoons in the pocket... shall i go on I think not

snarks

Oh I forgot to add, the half time hot chocolate if Fulham are not losing. If the team are down, I'll have a coke.

Airfix

Quote from: snarks on January 22, 2015, 02:25:49 PM
Oh I forgot to add, the half time hot chocolate if Fulham are not losing. If the team are down, I'll have a coke.

One line or two?

064.gif

094.gif

096.gig

:Get Coat gif:

CottagersOnTour

Quote from: The Equalizer on January 22, 2015, 11:44:51 AM
Each match day, when I go that is, I have to pop into The Bricklayers and have at least 3 pints of ale before the start of the game.

2 pints @ The Crabtree here...!

That and never ever wearing my Fulham shirt to games, whenever I do we invariably lose.

The only exception was the Juventus game at The Cottage, after a 3-1 away loss I thought there was no reason not too!

Wore it to the City game 2 days later thinking I was on to a winner and we lost again....

westcliff white

If I cannot make the game and it is on TV I do not move until the game is over, no one is allowed to move anything of mine, the tv controls stay where I put them and no one speaks as it puts me off.

At the ground I will always go into the club shop prior to the game, and then when in the ground always make sure that both my son and I have a program in our hands as we sit down.
Every day is a Fulham day

nose

oh yes and if i am at home I try to listen on the bed using a small portable radio, that is how we won at man city 3 2 in the great escape.. 2 down when i was downstairs as soon as i went up, the revival commenced!

os5889 mkII

Always wear my half and half Shakhtar scarf and oddly refuse to sing swear words.

I called the ref and Hugo at least every blue word under the moon last night.
@OsmithFFC

Logicalman

When at home, whether the match is on TV, stream or GJ, Fulham shirts must be on BEFORE the starting whistle and no moving until half time. At the end of the match have to wait until the players leave the pitch.

Phone, door, etc are all ignored during game play, only reading the FoF MD thread if listening to GJ and then the TV is off.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.