News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

atmosphere last night (and quite often this season)..

Started by Adi-ffc, January 22, 2015, 04:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adi-ffc

was very poor.

I usually sit in the JH block F but joined a mate in the Hammy end last night expecting to finally be amongst the noisier element, without having to find excuses for open corners/wind etc.

We don't need to be palace or Stoke and it WAS very cold, but we can/need to do better than that. 

Any friends I have had amongst the away support recently have been amazed at the tumbleweed blowing around our ground atmosphere wise. Think the team deserve a bit more vocal backing given how they've turned things around, and that the club really have to sort the acoustic issue out soon.

Andy S

No although the atmosphere was better than at some games this season

epsomraver

Should have stayed in F block, the JH was rocking last night! loads of youngsters as well singing along, must admit the Hammy end did seem quiet, not even an Al Faid last night?

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: epsomraver on January 22, 2015, 04:55:03 PM
Should have stayed in F block, the JH was rocking last night! loads of youngsters as well singing along, must admit the Hammy end did seem quiet, not even an Al Faid last night?

I was in block F in JH, just behind the press box, so my hearing must be going mate, because it certainly wasn't rocking where I was. There was the occasional  'Come on Fulham' , a bit of 'de de de de, Ross McCormack' , and lots of moaning from an old codger behind me stating the embarrassing obvious.  There was probably more atmosphere at my nans funeral.

Adi-ffc

I remember how loftus road's acoustics made us sound partisan at times. Can't stand that tin shack, but they have to figure something out at CC I think.

epsomraver

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on January 22, 2015, 05:05:29 PM

I was in block F in JH, just behind the press box, so my hearing must be going mate, because it certainly wasn't rocking where I was. There was the occasional  'Come on Fulham' , a bit of 'de de de de, Ross McCormack' , and lots of moaning from an old codger behind me stating the embarrassing obvious.  There was probably more atmosphere at my nans funeral.

It was irony mate!

Berserker

It was very exciting where I sat, well me and a couple of others
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

DevonFFC

I think with a younger fan base so the increase of noise comes. Last few games I have been to you see very few youngsters at the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheManOnTheBus

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: epsomraver on January 22, 2015, 05:23:23 PM
Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on January 22, 2015, 05:05:29 PM

It was irony mate!

Was it ? Oh right. Didnt read that way

Chesh

Regardless of the acoustics, our 'repetoire' of songs and backing is pretty lame compared to a lot of teams.

Perhaps the Hammersmith End should be unofficially standing only (every other ground seems to get away with it), and anyone who wants to sit should sit in JH or Riverside, like it always was when there was terracing.

How 'stand up if you love Fulham' is supposed to be rousing I don't know.

I know most teams are poor nowadays at home in all seater stadia, but our own is definitely comparatively laid back.

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Egham White

It was exciting where I was.  I was trying to juggle eating a pie and drinking Bovril at half time and it nearly went pearshaped bigtime
Everybody hurts sometime

MJG

I have had ST's in the Hammersmith and Putney end over the last few years. Does not matter which one you sit in the other end never sounds loud, especially if you sit higher up in each stand.
Now I'm in the JH stand towards the cottage I hear the away fans more than the home end, but tbh we have been quite subdued this season, bring back the clappers. ;-)
the club have had acoustic people look at the issue and have not been able to come up with a solution. Just filling in the holes is not the answer apparently.

Riverside

And the Riverside Library ?

MJG

Quote from: Riverside on January 23, 2015, 10:13:06 AM

I forget you are there sometimes

Putney

Our repertoire of songs is abysmal. There aren't enough songs about Fulham and those that are include insults to Chelsea or QPR. Never understood why people are quick to come up with songs about players who will duly leave in a couple of years. Ryan Tunnicliffe has a song for crying out loud.

Very few people know the words to Can't Take my Eyes off You and Take Me Home has been ruined by clapping which drowns out singing. I remember when it started to be sung again, we used to sing it slowly a couple of times then go into a faster version. That was great.

Acoustics or not, our home support is terrible. Our away support isn't much better either.

I've wanted to mention this for a couple of weeks yet haven't really had the opportunity; was disappointed with our support at Cardiff for lack of solidarity. It was a pretty special moment not just for Cardiff but for the power struggle between owner and fan. We should have shown our appreciation yet decided to mock them with banal chants.

Adi-ffc

Agreed.

If I was FFC, I would start having regular meetings with supporters clubs to generate more songs/atmosphere. Some clubs do this to great effect, particularly in Germany where it is very common.

Why not us too?

King_Crud

Quote from: MJG on January 23, 2015, 10:19:46 AM

One thing I won't forget, On Wednesday they listed the Claret as an 84 vintage, when it was clearly an 88 vintage. I have already emailed the club, as have the people who sit around me. We won't put up with this sort of thing in the riverside stand.

MJG

Quote from: King_Crud on January 23, 2015, 11:25:59 AM
Quote from: MJG on January 23, 2015, 10:19:46 AM

One thing I won't forget, On Wednesday they listed the Claret as an 84 vintage, when it was clearly an 88 vintage. I have already emailed the club, as have the people who sit around me. We won't put up with this sort of thing in the riverside stand.
I had a lukewarm bovril in the JH and might complain about that next game

MJG

Quote from: Adi-ffc on January 23, 2015, 11:20:46 AM
Agreed.

If I was FFC, I would start having regular meetings with supporters clubs to generate more songs/atmosphere. Some clubs do this to great effect, particularly in Germany where it is very common.

Why not us too?
The club tried to do that towards the end of last season by turning P1/2/3 into Fulham only and offering to move people there to try and ramp it all up. But had little takers.
I know people dont like them but the only thing that has got us going in recent years is the clappers in conjunction with European games and some league games.
We have always been a quiet set of fans in the 37 years I have been going, we have maybe 3 regular songs we sing and thats it. You can argue about standing but its technically not allowed and the club are not going to endanger their license by unofficially allowing it.
In the end its fans(helped by what we see on the pitch) that make an atmosphere and we are not alone in these times of not being great.
Away from home its a different matter, when everyone is closer and more congregated  its easier to be more together in signing and supporting the team.

So here is a chance for people to forward ideas, list them here and I'll take them to the club through the FST.