watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Nurse Cafferkey....

Started by ron, January 24, 2015, 06:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Check your facts, she was flown back by the Government. So she never "knowingly" chose to bring the desease back. Also this thread as a dedication to the bravery of those that volunteered for this duty. So your speculation is totally inappropriate.

fulhamben

Quote from: Peabody on October 11, 2015, 01:52:52 PM
Check your facts, she was flown back by the Government. So she never "knowingly" chose to bring the desease back. Also this thread as a dedication to the bravery of those that volunteered for this duty. So your speculation is totally inappropriate.
I didn't state any facts. And now you have answered my question, so thanks for that.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamben on October 11, 2015, 07:54:33 AM
Very sad news that she has been re omitted to hospital, and I hope she makes a speedy recovery. But I'm gonna play the devils advocate here. Before giving out any awards I'd really like to know if she knew if she had contracted ebola before flying back to Britain. Because risking an out break in Britain to receive better treatment doesn't sound very heroic to me. Hopefully it's just the cynicism in me though

Whereby you are correct in saying that should someone deliberately repatriated themselves knowing they had such a disease should be held to account, in this case there is no evidence whatsoever that was so. If anything, the entry conditions as set by the UK Border Authorities should be questioned, rather than the motives of those that put themselves in danger to try and help others.

I would go further in saying that such people as Pauline Cafferkey, having witnessed first hand the devastation caused by this disease, would have little intent or be bereft of responsibility, in placing their own loved ones at such risk, and would have taken all such precautions. To believe otherwise appears to have little faith in those that we depend on for our care.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Peabody on October 11, 2015, 09:12:18 AM
Very sad news that she has been re omitted to hospital, and I hope she makes a speedy recovery. But I'm gonna play the devils advocate here. Before giving out any awards I'd really like to know if she knew if she had contracted ebola before flying back to Britain. Because risking an out break in Britain to receive better treatment doesn't sound very heroic to me. Hopefully it's just the cynicism in me though

Mods please have a  word with Ben. Totally inappropriate remarks

I agree with Ben to be honest. Why do they have the "cure" in the western countries, but it cant be sent over there?? Surely that would be easier and less risk of any further outbreak?!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

fulhamben

Quote from: Peabody on October 11, 2015, 01:52:52 PM
so I wasn't that wide off the mark after all.

FFCpmd

Far from wide of the mark Ben, looks like you were spot on. She now faces charges and the possibility of being struck off.

Holders

Notwithstanding the above, she was very brave to have done what she did in the first place and I trust and hope that she's now made a full recovery. Apart from any risk of cross-infection in transit (and I don't know the details on that) isn't it right to look after our own people's health at home?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

fulhamben

Quote from: Holders on August 19, 2016, 11:55:29 AM
Notwithstanding the above, she was very brave to have done what she did in the first place and I trust and hope that she's now made a full recovery. Apart from any risk of cross-infection in transit (and I don't know the details on that) isn't it right to look after our own people's health at home?
yes but through the proper channels. The allegations are that she took tablets to mask symptoms and repeatedly lied on forms to get through the quarantine. That's all from me on this until the verdict is in

Holders

Quote from: fulhamben on August 19, 2016, 12:16:08 PM
Quote from: Holders on August 19, 2016, 11:55:29 AM
yes but through the proper channels. The allegations are that she took tablets to mask symptoms and repeatedly lied on forms to get through the quarantine. That's all from me on this until the verdict is in

I picked up a sense (not from you) that she should have stayed behind and taken her chance over there rather than come back to the UK when her patients didn't have that open to them. I was not commenting on the method of her repatriation but the principle.

Riversider

Firstly she should be struck off,
Secondly she should receive a Police warning,
There are procedures in place for dealing with a virus like this and she didn't adhere to any of them,
It's a miracle that she didn't kill dozens of people.
096.gig

ron

Ah, well, the hunt goes on for a hero...now let's see; how about Ant and Dec, or those people who were having it away on Big Brother.....?

MikeW

Worthy as it is, a bit heavy for a football website folks?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

MikeW

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

ron

At the risk of going on a bit......

I welcome the news that Nurse Cafferkey has been cleared of any intent to deceive the authorities on he return to Britain....in fact it turns out she was cleared to travel, and her temperature was taken six times in Britain as she was being assessed, before she was cleared for the onward journey to Scotland. (If she was considered a risk, she would have been diverted to isolation at Northwick Park Hospital).

So maybe the "struck off" hanged-drawn-and quartered brigade need to pursue someone else...?

win-dup

Mods please have a  word with Ben. Totally inappropriate remarks

Why should the mods have a word? She was up before a medical ethics board today accused of hiding the symptoms of ebola when she got back to the UK. She claimed she was ''confused'' but could have spread this disease in the UK quite easily. While we're at it I love the way that Scotland couldn't look after her but shipped her down to London all the while Wee Krankie was drivelling on about Scottish independence.

JHaynes Paperboy

:plus one: :005: :005:
Quote from: win-dup on September 14, 2016, 06:02:44 PM

Why should the mods have a word? She was up before a medical ethics board today accused of hiding the symptoms of ebola when she got back to the UK. She claimed she was ''confused'' but could have spread this disease in the UK quite easily. While we're at it I love the way that Scotland couldn't look after her but shipped her down to London all the while Wee Krankie was drivelling on about Scottish independence.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ron on August 20, 2016, 02:03:47 PM
Ah, well, the hunt goes on for a hero...now let's see; how about Ant and Dec, or those people who were having it away on Big Brother.....?

0001.jpeg

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 14, 2016, 10:31:12 PM
Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on September 14, 2016, 06:22:57 PM
:plus one: :005: :005:
Quote from: win-dup on September 14, 2016, 06:02:44 PM

Exactly

They can't have the skills. If they go their own way they'll have to pay for that.

Mince n Tatties

Now that she been cleared, time for some of you to
Put your Tar n Feathers back in the cupboard.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 15, 2016, 03:43:51 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 15, 2016, 02:51:35 PM
Now that she been cleared, time for some of you to
Put your Tar n Feathers back in the cupboard.

No not at all, we haven't finished with her yet.
lol