watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Nurse Cafferkey....

Started by ron, January 24, 2015, 06:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

The wonderful news that Nurse Cafferkey has made a full recovery from Ebola must remind us of what true heroism is all about. We speak the word lightly.."...the two-goal hero of......"

Surely there is no more deserving a person for the George Medal than someone who in the name of healing and service to mankind is prepared to put her/his own life on the line.

RaySmith

Quote from: ron on January 24, 2015, 06:24:50 PM
The wonderful news that Nurse Cafferkey has made a full recovery from Ebola must remind us of what true heroism is all about. We speak the word lightly.."...the two-goal hero of......"

Surely there is no more deserving a person for the George Medal than someone who in the name of healing and service to mankind is prepared to put her/his own life on the line.
:plus one:

Fulham Tup North

Amazing news really.  A couple of weeks ago she was down as 'critical'. Modern medicine and others dedication to people pays dividends.  Hope she makes a full recovery and spends quality time with her family.
Well done everyone involved.  :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

andyk

It is great news that she has made a full recovery, but even more encouraging is the news that the Ebola outbreak seems to be coming under control. It is thanks to people like Nurse Cafferkey who went over to West Africa to put proper healthcare systems in place that many more lives, lives in far off places, have been saved.

David Allen Crankshaw

Wonderful news to hear that she has fully recovered.

domprague

You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Slaphead in Qatar

wonderful people these who go and help ebola victims. glad she is back on her feet.

spare a thought also for the very nasty katie hopkins who made horrible remarks about the nurse a few months ago. people like her should be nowhere near our tv screens.

alfie

Working in the healthcare profession I see these wonderful dedicated nurses every day treated like crap, abused by ignorant patients and bullyboy consultants but still carry on.

065.gif
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bog

As you say Ron what a brave lady and what wonderul news. Compare her outlook on life to some of those sat squawking in that Big Brother rubbish at the moment.

092.gif 

Berserker

I admire anybody who helps other people
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Yes... Good news indeed, and kind of puts life in to it's proper perspective really.

ron

It looks as if renewed thoughts and prayers are in order for Nurse Cafferkey. Let's hope the return of Ebola can be treated successfully.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Funny how "deadly" Ebola killed thousands/millions of Africans but only a handful of "westerners catch it (without having the "vaccine!) and they all recover.

Nothing to do with the outbreak being in the heart of diamond country, where the miners are on strike over pay and conditions. Doubt it's got anything to do with certain countries wanting to get feet on the ground to claim back the diamond mines......

Or maybe I'm just a cynic
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

JHaynes Paperboy

:kettle pot:
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 25, 2015, 03:23:17 AM
wonderful people these who go and help ebola victims. glad she is back on her feet.

spare a thought also for the very nasty katie hopkins who made horrible remarks about the nurse a few months ago. people like her should be nowhere near our tv screens.

Pot and Kettle comes to mind.

Logicalman

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on October 09, 2015, 11:49:46 AM
Funny how "deadly" Ebola killed thousands/millions of Africans but only a handful of "westerners catch it (without having the "vaccine!) and they all recover.

Nothing to do with the outbreak being in the heart of diamond country, where the miners are on strike over pay and conditions. Doubt it's got anything to do with certain countries wanting to get feet on the ground to claim back the diamond mines......

Or maybe I'm just a cynic

Unfortunately it has also claimed 2 deaths in the US from doctors being exposed: http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/17/health/ebola-u-s-/
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

dannyboi-ffc

Couldn't have put it better myself!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

Very sad news that she has been re omitted to hospital, and I hope she makes a speedy recovery. But I'm gonna play the devils advocate here. Before giving out any awards I'd really like to know if she knew if she had contracted ebola before flying back to Britain. Because risking an out break in Britain to receive better treatment doesn't sound very heroic to me. Hopefully it's just the cynicism in me though
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Peabody

Quote from: fulhamben on October 11, 2015, 07:54:33 AM
Very sad news that she has been re omitted to hospital, and I hope she makes a speedy recovery. But I'm gonna play the devils advocate here. Before giving out any awards I'd really like to know if she knew if she had contracted ebola before flying back to Britain. Because risking an out break in Britain to receive better treatment doesn't sound very heroic to me. Hopefully it's just the cynicism in me though

Mods please have a  word with Ben. Totally inappropriate remarks

Oakeshott

Fulhamben

I am as sceptical (rather than, I hope, cynical) as they come, but I think you are wide of the mark here.

All the health workers etc who have gone to help fight the Ebola outbreaks from "first world" countries know that, if they catch the disease and are repatriated, they have a better chance of survival than if they stayed in Africa. But equally they are know that the chance of survival after repatriation was certainly not 100%, and indeed no one could say with confidence how high it was. So they have thus all chosen to expose themselves to the risk of catching a disease which mostly leads to a very unpleasant death, without any guarantees as to cure, and as such are courageous to have done so, and deserve great respect from the rest of us.  

fulhamben

Quote from: Peabody on October 11, 2015, 09:12:18 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 11, 2015, 07:54:33 AM

Mods please have a  word with Ben. Totally inappropriate remarks
inappropriate to question if someone knowingly bought one of the world's most deadly virus to these shores?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.