https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hyndman broken collar bone.

Started by bucksfulham, January 29, 2015, 09:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucksfulham

Captain Fulhamerica

love4ffc

Very sad.  Was really he would have a great tournament and then a chance to be back in the starting XI. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

HatterDon

evidently, he had a brilliant tournament

-- crap
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FortCollinsFulham

Very unfortunate, he had a great tournament. He really, really stood out.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

Berserker

Real shame, but it injuries just seem to happen to our decent players when on international duty. Seems to be a bit of a curse imo
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

zschwartz

very sad. it's never a good time to get injured. but we do have cover and he was not playing an exceedingly large amount lately. Let's hope for a speedy recovery, back on schedule and healthy in time for the final push. he has a hell of a lot of promise.

TheManOnTheBus

Yes - agree, sad, but he wouldn't (if everyone was fit) be making the starting 11.  Fofano/Tunny would be ahead of him in CM (as well as Parker of course).  Hope none of them get injured before he returns.

WolverineFFC

I watched a majority of the games. Hyndman was a class above the other attacking players. He played in a much more forward CM position than I had seen him in and excelled. He took the corners for the U.S.A. and sent in some really nice service leading to a number of goals. He also surprised me w some really, really neat close control dribbling in and around the box, didn't realize he had that kind of footwork already. It is a shame if his collarbone is broken, because he is likely coming back full of confidence and ready to contribute to the first team.

At the very least, his performance is almost assuredly going to lead to some more US National team call ups this year, hopefully for the Gold Cup, because he played very, very well.

Skatzoffc

Class player. Should have been starting before Fofana came in imo.

He has the awareness of a Murphy regarding other teammates and always plays quick, simple triangles to keep possession until an opportunity arises to set someone upfield away on an attack.

The international experience will help his confidence too. Hope we can keep him (and LVC) as they are the part of our midfield for the future.

He will come back stronger hopefully.

Get well soon Emerson.
COYW!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

cmg

Bad news. Fortunately collar bones are not too serious (NH jockeys are back over fences in about 10 days - although, of course, they are totally mad) and shouldn't inhibit his overall fitness training too much while it mends.

I'd like to have seen some of the US matches. Fulham seem, so far, to have used him in a rather conservative way.
Obviously there is a big difference between Championship and u18/u20 football, but he always played well forward for our juniors (protected by his minder, Sambou) and impressed with his vision and ability to pick a pass - just what we have long needed at First Team level.

One of several disadvantages of our lousy start to the season has been a lack of confidence and an unwillingness to experiment. Mind you, I didn't expect to see him feature at all at First team level until at least next season. He, like others, has been fast-tracked by force of circumstances. He's also grown up a bit physically, too. 

WolverineFFC

Quote from: cmg on January 30, 2015, 01:56:27 PM
Bad news. Fortunately collar bones are not too serious (NH jockeys are back over fences in about 10 days - although, of course, they are totally mad) and shouldn't inhibit his overall fitness training too much while it mends.

I'd like to have seen some of the US matches. Fulham seem, so far, to have used him in a rather conservative way.
Obviously there is a big difference between Championship and u18/u20 football, but he always played well forward for our juniors (protected by his minder, Sambou) and impressed with his vision and ability to pick a pass - just what we have long needed at First Team level.

One of several disadvantages of our lousy start to the season has been a lack of confidence and an unwillingness to experiment. Mind you, I didn't expect to see him feature at all at First team level until at least next season. He, like others, has been fast-tracked by force of circumstances. He's also grown up a bit physically, too. 

The U.S. used him in a 2 or 3 man midfield. He was at his best when he had a holding player (like you describe with Sambou) alongside him. From what I had seen of him with the 1st team this year I had thought he was a deeper lying Murphy type player, but the way he was able to turn, dribble and attack further up the pitch has made me believe he is capable of inheriting Ruiz's role in the diamond that Kit has been playing.

MJG

Better a break of that than any kind of dislocation of the shoulder which never seems to heal correctly.

MasterHaynes

I've always thought he was the natural replacement for Ruiz he has the potential to be so much more successful as he is a real competitor as we saw with his last ditch block against Brighton. He is more rounded as he has shown covering for Parker but he is more Murphy/Ruiz and has always shone when moving and driving the team forward.

Twig

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on January 30, 2015, 08:27:50 AM
Yes - agree, sad, but he wouldn't (if everyone was fit) be making the starting 11.  Fofano/Tunny would be ahead of him in CM (as well as Parker of course).  Hope none of them get injured before he returns.

I think he has the potential to be a more attacking option that either Parker or Fof/Tunny