watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FOF Bloggers Wanted

Started by Admin, January 31, 2015, 08:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

A part of Friends of Fulham that we don't really utilise, but was wondering if anyone would like to Blog for FOF on a regular basis? Although set up, it's not really taken off, but then again, it's not really had that much exposure.

You can view our Blog here: http://www.friendsoffulham.com/wordpress/ but please feel free to give any feedback, or how we can improve this to interact more with Friends of Fulham.

Northern Cottager

I'm in. Should you feel my oponions and construction of those are worthwhile.

Peabody

At the risk of being thought thick, what is blogging?

Max Headroom

Barrett487

Quote from: Peabody on January 31, 2015, 09:03:23 PM

:plus one:  092.gif

Rhys Lightning 63

I remember doing this job back when the idea first came up, then dissertations got in the way.

Gladly willing to take up the role again
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Wingnut

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 31, 2015, 09:42:40 PM

I would say it's a personal web site or web page, where an individual records opinions and information. But someone else may define it better than I.

I would agree with this definition but I would also add that it is presented in an informal manner.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

fulhamben

can i use it to recruit for php?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

PaulJ123

I'm in if you'd like a pessimistic/idolise McCormack view on things

Logicalman

Mr P, if you recall Alistair Cooke's Letter From America, if that was put into a written form, it would be a blog. 
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

HatterDon

I used to do the "View From South Texas" on a regular basis, but our inability to watch Fulham live over here has made timely match reporting almost impossible. This season, there have been a few "feature articles" that I have half written and then decided not to submit.

The problem is that it seems that my target audience has become so resolutely negative and confrontational. There are people that have to be flogged constantly -- Kit, Ruiz, Hugo, Parker -- and any counter point-of-view is met with, "I don't care what the data are, I know what I see and I won't listen to anything I don't agree with."

For several years now, I've submitted a lot on here to generate discussion and passionate [or dispassionate] analysis. At times, I would purposefully take an almost surreal point of departure, just to stimulate a good-natured broad ranging discussion. It's kind of sad, but I don't think the readership for that sort of writing prevails here anymore.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Quote from: HatterDon on February 01, 2015, 03:27:58 PM
I used to do the "View From South Texas" on a regular basis, but our inability to watch Fulham live over here has made timely match reporting almost impossible. This season, there have been a few "feature articles" that I have half written and then decided not to submit.

The problem is that it seems that my target audience has become so resolutely negative and confrontational. There are people that have to be flogged constantly -- Kit, Ruiz, Hugo, Parker -- and any counter point-of-view is met with, "I don't care what the data are, I know what I see and I won't listen to anything I don't agree with."

For several years now, I've submitted a lot on here to generate discussion and passionate [or dispassionate] analysis. At times, I would purposefully take an almost surreal point of departure, just to stimulate a good-natured broad ranging discussion. It's kind of sad, but I don't think the readership for that sort of writing prevails here anymore.

I think the readership is there. But there is a lack of patience amongst many. A belief that the player not playing is better than the one playing until he does indeed play is becoming laughable but entertaining. I tend to think if you enjoyed writing them then I wish you would continue.  There is enough of us out there who would appreciate them and enjoyed them before.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

I basically will discuss most thing, problem is not every body wants to listen to my wittering's. I miss a lot of the people who have left this forum as I loved listening to their view point.

I do want to do a blog from a women point of view on supporting Fulham, but as I will include other musings apart from football I will do it independently away from FOF
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

WhiteJC

Shredhead

This is an excellent idea and it will work better if there are a few bloggers as inspiration can run dry. I know as I attempt to keep 2 blogs alive.
By the way,  I'd love to read Beserker's views.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC