News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How difficult will pushing for promotion be next season?

Started by Admin, February 01, 2015, 12:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egham White

To be honest not even thinking about next season, thinking more about this season and staying in this division. By no means a given and we need to focus on today imho
Everybody hurts sometime

Riversider

All of you guilty of making the age old mistake of worrying about the teams coming down next season as our threat, and not one of you worrying about the teams coming up as our potential threat ,
I'd be more concerned by Bristol City than I would be of Burnley or Hull !
#schoolboyerror

Wingnut

Like others here I believe that it depends on our transfer dealings in the summer. We aren't a million miles away from being promotion contenders but we lack the experience needed to get the job done.

I would also add Villa to that list of teams that may come down. They are in woeful form at the moment and they just cannot score. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they were in the relegation battle on the final day of the season. 
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Mokes

Quote from: MJG on February 01, 2015, 05:08:36 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 01, 2015, 05:03:44 PM
Quote from: Admin on February 01, 2015, 12:24:04 PM
Granted, it was never going to be achieved this season after the Felix car crash, but considering Hull, Leicester, QPR and maybe Burnely might be coming down, how do we prepare for next season, and what should our expectations really be?

No doubt QPR will throw money around once again, although I'm pretty sure they'll be hit with a 50 million quid fine, and transfer embargo? (Can someone clarify)

Pretty sure a few of our kids will be a bit more experienced come next season, but at the same time, I expect us to Make a couple of astute signings. This whole Mike Rigg appointment paints a bigger picture for me, especially as he doesn't start until March?

However, I honestly belive that the Club have written this season off, and think we have enough in the tank to see us through.

I can't 100% clarify but, my understanding is the same as yours. So, I don't believe QPR will be throwing much of anything around and could be in real trouble, facing double demotions. If they are unable to sign anyone and have the 50 million pound fine, then they cannot afford to hang onto the roster that they have. Seems to me that they may have to rely on their academy/youngster even more than we have. I would expect they'd have many jumping ship and be forced to sell off most of the rest to comply with FFP. They can't afford to flaunt the league FFP rules yet again.

Maybe I've got it all wrong but, if they don't survive, they appear in far far worse shape than we did after our own relegation.
QPR will be in a real mess if they come down. They signed the agreement to FFP when they joined the championship,  so they knew the rules which means any court case has no chance.

I thought the football league said that they would not be welcomed back as they refused to pay their fines when they were promoted. There was something on the football league website a while back that said if they get relegated they will be sent straight to the conference.

f321ffc

Quote from: Twig on February 01, 2015, 04:53:42 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on February 01, 2015, 04:34:18 PM
Lets hope if we are pushing for promotion it`s in this division and not league 1.

That's a bit below the belt.  Whilst I don't think we are promotion quality, neither do we look relegation candidates.
Want to revise your thoughts on that? 090.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

nose

we are relegation material for sure
too many very poor players and an inexperienced manager
an owner without a clue and a board that should have been dismissed at the end of last season for all their mega failings! kahn has to sack the board and get in some proper football administrators.

dgnffc

I said a week ago that I was certain we wouldn't go down, but I'm beginning to revise that opinion now. We seem to be incapable of taking a game by the scruff of the neck even when we take an early lead. Our second half performances are woeful and Kit seems to be mystified as to why so how can he begin to sort it out if he doesn't know what's going wrong? I think everyone in the club is just a bit too comfortable and we're in real danger of sleep-walking into the relegation places.

For once Kit hasn't said that he was happy with our performance and I just hope that he gave them all a real blast in the dressing-room after the game (too late I know). He comes across as a really nice guy but does he have that nasty side that's needed to be a successful manager?

davew

Quote from: dgnffc on February 11, 2015, 08:24:44 AM
I said a week ago that I was certain we wouldn't go down, but I'm beginning to revise that opinion now. We seem to be incapable of taking a game by the scruff of the neck even when we take an early lead. Our second half performances are woeful and Kit seems to be mystified as to why so how can he begin to sort it out if he doesn't know what's going wrong? I think everyone in the club is just a bit too comfortable and we're in real danger of sleep-walking into the relegation places.

For once Kit hasn't said that he was happy with our performance and I just hope that he gave them all a real blast in the dressing-room after the game (too late I know). He comes across as a really nice guy but does he have that nasty side that's needed to be a successful manager?
Nooooooooo!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

f321ffc

Quote from: f321ffc on February 10, 2015, 10:01:50 PM
Quote from: Twig on February 01, 2015, 04:53:42 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on February 01, 2015, 04:34:18 PM
Lets hope if we are pushing for promotion it`s in this division and not league 1.

That's a bit below the belt.  Whilst I don't think we are promotion quality, neither do we look relegation candidates.
Want to revise your thoughts on that? 090.gif
Anyone else still think we are not in a relegation fight? fp.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional