more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pearce sacked

Started by NJFulham, February 01, 2015, 06:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJFulham

MasterHaynes

Could this mean the return of Steve Wigley to the U18's?

MJG

Quote from: MasterHaynes on February 01, 2015, 06:37:47 PM
Could this mean the return of Steve Wigley to the U18's?
On TIFF it was posted that Jason Dodd from Southampton had got the job.
I know Jennings was very keen to get someone for the longterm and not a coach who would jump ship for another role at drop of a hat.

Fernhurst

Not surprised

Don't like anyone getting the sack, but I think that maybe his last shot at senior management.

Small time position within The FA could be his best hope.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Burt

According to their press release Mr. Fernhurst he has apparently been offered an alternative role at the club which he is considering. Be interesting to see what that may be.

But I agree, I am not surprised by this really. Forest started like a train but the wheels have fallen off recently. I have never really seen Pearce as a strong coach or tactician.

Fernhurst

Kit v Pearce
« on: January 20, 2015, 08:06:09 PM »
Quote  Modify  Remove
When appointed Kit was keen to point out he will be making incremental changes and so far I'm encouraged by his calmness, the improvement in results and general manner when discussing results etc (no drama).. Psycho on the other hand was like a whiring dervish on the touch line Saturday screaming shouting and punching the air. Last person with those antics was Paolo Di Canio, and Pearce will go the same way as him.

Despite their good result against Derby, I believe Kits boy's will triumph tomorrow night.

2-0 ...... COYW 

Just ten days ago

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 01, 2015, 07:39:28 PM

Kit v Pearce
« on: January 20, 2015, 08:06:09 PM »
Quote  Modify  Remove
When appointed Kit was keen to point out he will be making incremental changes and so far I'm encouraged by his calmness, the improvement in results and general manner when discussing results etc (no drama).. Psycho on the other hand was like a whiring dervish on the touch line Saturday screaming shouting and punching the air. Last person with those antics was Paolo Di Canio, and Pearce will go the same way as him.

Despite their good result against Derby, I believe Kits boy's will triumph tomorrow night.

2-0 ...... COYW 

Just ten days ago

I remember that post Fernhurst and I agreed at the time. Turns out you were spot on and I prefer the way Kit handles situations rather than Pearce. 

Never rated him myself
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Nero

Dougie Freedman has been appointed Nottingham Forest manager after the club sacked Stuart Pearce.
Pearce, who took over last summer, was dismissed on Sunday, with Freedman named as his successor soon afterwards.
Forest began the season well but Pearce, 52, has paid the price for a run of six defeats in seven games.
Freedman, who played for the club from 1998 to 2000, has previously managed in the Championship with Crystal Palace and Bolton Wanderers.
More to follow.

Fernhurst

Blimey, not too impressed with that appointment.

Seriously ran out of gas in his previous job.

Should we be concerned? ....... Don't think so.

dannyboi-ffc

His Bolton side were one of the worst I've seen in my years at the cottage. Id be very underwhelmed by that appointment if I was a Forest fan

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Fulham Tup North

Always liked Stuart Pearce, right up to the point where he was appointed Team GB manager for the 2012 Olympics and treated Beckham with shocking respect.
Never like to see anyone lose their job, but he often seemed out of his depth.  Never looked comfortable when things were going against him.
Dougie Freedman looks an interesting choice?
;)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on February 01, 2015, 09:08:11 PM
Always liked Stuart Pearce, right up to the point where he was appointed Team GB manager for the 2012 Olympics and treated Beckham with shocking respect.
Never like to see anyone lose their job, but he often seemed out of his depth.  Never looked comfortable when things were going against him.
Dougie Freedman looks an interesting choice?
;)

I loved Beckham as a player and the treatment of him in the Olympics made me really dislike Pearce. I didn't like him anyway but that really turned me against him. I think he's got what he deserves since then. Just like McLaren did when he dropped Beckham trying to be Mr Macho.

He who laughs last laughs loudest as they say.

Wonderful post Tup's

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Mince n Tatties

Freedman must have been lined up for it, happened too quickly..

HatterDon

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 01, 2015, 10:11:22 PM
Freedman must have been lined up for it, happened too quickly..

If you don't think clubs already know who they want well before they sack their manager ... .

Well, except for us when we sacked Magath, of course.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Black, White and Fred

Why not offer Wigley a first team position with us?
He knows how to get the best out of our core of youngsters and it would be a sideways step really.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on February 02, 2015, 12:57:57 AM
He knows how to get the best out of our core of youngsters and it would be a sideways step really.
Good shout but did Steve and Kit get on? would also mean Kit demoting his mate Mark Pembridge

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: MasterHaynes on February 02, 2015, 06:37:58 AM
Quote from: Black, White and Fred on February 02, 2015, 12:57:57 AM
Good shout but did Steve and Kit get on? would also mean Kit demoting his mate Mark Pembridge

I do see Pembridge being the issue here, no really sure how Kit and Steve got along. They must have had some back and fourth given how U18s and U21s sometimes share players.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

BalDrick

I like Pearce as a bloke - he had a clause in his Citeh contract (unbelievable that he managed them once now isn't it?) that, should he be sacked, he wouldn't get the rest of his contract paid up. Don't imagine his wife or agent were particularly happy with that!

But he's no manager - ironic he was appointed because 'he loves the club'...

And what's this appointing a replacement on the same day malarkey? Where's the 5-man committee to deliberate for a month then let the caretaker have the job?

(I do think Kit was the right appointment but he was without doubt the cheap option too. We'll never know but wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn the committee came up with other options, who balked having been told there was no money for incoming players/loanees)
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town