more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (03/02/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 02, 2015, 05:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Preview: Fulham vs. Sunderland

Nothing could separate Fulham and Sunderland when they went head to head in the fourth round of the FA Cup a fortnight ago, but one of these clubs will advance to the next stage tomorrow night at Craven Cottage.

Jermain Defoe and Steven Fletcher had chances to send the Black Cats into the next round at the Stadium of Light, but they failed to convert, while Fulham duo Cauley Woodrow and Moussa Dembele proved a threat.

Sunderland were also hampered by the dismissal of Jack Rodwell, who was sent off in the 66th minute of the goalless draw on Wearside.

From Sunderland's side of things, they head into tomorrow night's replay on the back of a 2-0 victory over Burnley in the Premier League, courtesy of goals from Connor Wickham and Defoe.

It's a welcome result for Gus Poyet and his team as goals have been hard to come by for the North-East outfit, who have scored seven in their last six matches in all competitions.

It's not only goals that have been lacking, but victories have also been missing for Sunderland in recent weeks - Saturday's triumph over Burnley was the first in the league since December 21 for the Black Cats.

In the last few years, Craven Cottage has been a happy hunting ground for Sunderland as they have secured victories 4-1 and 3-1 in their last two visits there.

For Fulham, they failed to snatch their third consecutive Championship win at the weekend following a 2-1 defeat to Blackburn Rovers on away turf, and it's not been an easy ride in the FA Cup.

Kit Symons's side were held by Wolverhampton Wanderers in the third round and eventually secured their place in the next phase by winning a penalty shootout in the replay following a 3-3 draw over 120 minutes.

Tomorrow night, Byran Ruiz could be handed his starting spot back for the clash, alongside Woodrow, while Defoe is expected to be given the nod for Sunderland following his goal at the weekend.

Connor Wickham could also enter the fray in place of Darren Fletcher.

Fulham:

Form in FA Cup: DWD
Form in all competitions: LWWWDL

Possible starting lineup: Bettinelli; Stafylidis, Hutchinson, Bodurov, Grimmer; Christensen, Dembele, Tunnicliffe, Fofana; Ruiz, Woodrow

Sunderland:

Form in FA Cup: WD
Form in all competitions: LWLLDW

Possible starting lineup: Mannone; Vergini, O'Shea, Coates; Jones, Larsson, Bridcutt, Buckley, Van Aanholt; Wickham, Defoe

Sports Mole says: 0-1

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/fa-cup/preview/preview-fulham-vs-sunderland_202894.html?

WhiteJC

Wes Brown ready for return at Fulham as Sunderland boss Poyet eyes cup changes

WES BROWN will be in contention for tomorrow night's FA Cup fourth round replay at Fulham, as Gus Poyet ponders introducing a sprinkling of fresh legs.

Sunderland boss Poyet opted not to risk Brown for Saturday's crucial victory over Burnley after the veteran defender had only trained for two days following a minor problem with his knee which kept him out for the first cup clash against Fulham.

But the 35-year-old will be available at Craven Cottage and is one of several options Poyet is pondering for his starting XI, along with the likes of Steven Fletcher, Emanuele Giaccherini and Ricky Alvarez.

Poyet will name a strong team against the Championship outfit, but is conscious of the physical demands of a hectic period which could see Sunderland play five games inside a fortnight.

"Wes was just my decision (to miss the Burnley game)," said Poyet. "I couldn't give too much information before the game, but he'd only been training for a couple of days.

"I thought it was better to go with the player (Santiago Vergini) who had been training all the time. But he trained on Saturday and he is available for tomorrow."

Jermain Defoe, who opened his Sunderland account in the 2-0 win over the Clarets, is one player expected to drop to the bench at Fulham after starting all three games since his arrival from MLS side Toronto.

"I think now we need to be careful," said Poyet.

"He hasn't played for a while.

"I talked to him straight after the game on Saturday. And in these cups, you can't forget there could be extra-time too."

However, Poyet will now stick with the 4-3-3 formation which he reverted to against Burnley after experimenting with three at the back for the previous two games with Spurs and Fulham.

"Maybe for Tuesday and Saturday we need to refresh, without changing too much and making people think that the cup is not important," added Poyet.

"Quite the opposite. It's to make sure we can put in a performance at the same level.

"But in terms of playing with a back four, yes I think that will be the way forward from now."

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/wes-brown-ready-for-return-at-fulham-as-sunderland-boss-poyet-eyes-cup-changes-1-7083478

WhiteJC

Fulham owner Shahid Khan vows to lead club back to the Premier League but won't break bank to get there

Fulham owner Shahid Khan has pledged to lead the club back into the Premier League and given his backing to manager Kit Symons.

The 64 year old billionaire businessman said: "I am here for the long haul. Fulham is a great club and I want to see us back where we belong".

After going through three managers in the first year of running the club,Khan was positive in his support of Symons. Fulham lost 2-1 to Blackburn on Saturday.

"He would shed blood for the club. Fulham is his passion and he has brought that to his job and to the players",he said.

Mr Khan said he had been in close touch with the London club during the transfer window.                         

"I normally speak with my people at least once a week but It has been much more regular contact over the last month," he said.

But Mr Khan explained why there was no massive spending spree. He remains a firm believer in building a club which develops its' own players rather than bringing in highly paid mercenaries.

"I want the club to be sustainable. To make it financially secure is a key to long term success,"he said.

One way of increasing spending power for the club will be by overhauling its' Craven Cottage home.

"We already have some permits to re-develop the ground", said Mr Khan.

"We are continuing to look for the further permits we need. Football clubs must offer the facilities people expect in 2015,"he added.

Speaking at the Super Bowl in Arizona, Mr Khan,who also owns the NFL team the Jacksonville Jaguars, said he had no regrets about his involvement in the English game.

"The passion of the fans is fantastic. I am very positive about Fulham and I am determined to get us back to the top flight," he said.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-owner-shahid-khan-vows-to-lead-club-back-to-the-premier-league-but-wont-break-bank-to-get-there-10016713.html

WhiteJC

Potential Fixture Change

The winners of Tuesday evening's FA Cup Fourth Round Replay will play Bradford City away in the Fifth Round on Sunday 15th February, kick-off 2.30pm.

Should Fulham progress to the next round, the Sky Bet Championship fixture against Ipswich Town at home will move to Wednesday 18th February, 7.45pm kick-off.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/february/02/potential-fixture-change?

WhiteJC

FA Cup Preview; Fulham v Sunderland

Ross McCormack hopes Fulham can continue their resurgence under Kit Symons when they welcome Sunderland to Craven Cottage in the FA Cup on Tuesday.

After a goalless draw at the Stadium of Light in the fourth round, the two sides go head-to-head again to earn the right to take on Chelsea's conquerors Bradford City.

When Symons replaced Felix Magath in mid-September Fulham only had one point from seven matches, but the former Wales international has secured a further 33 points to move the club away from danger.

One of their many impressive performances under Symons came in the first meeting with Sunderland when they almost caused an upset.

McCormack was guilty of spurning a couple of presentable chances to win that game, while Colombian team-mate Hugo Rodallega struck the post in stoppage time

And the former Leeds United striker believes the newfound confidence within the club can help them pick up a Premier League scalp.

"It's a good chance at Craven Cottage, where we've proven we can beat anyone – we can blow teams away and we'll definitely be looking to do that," he told the club's official website.

"I've heard a lot of people say that we should have beaten Sunderland at their place, but if you look at the game they had quite a few chances.

"Betts [goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli] probably kept us in the game so I think a draw was a fair result in the end. If we were given that before the game, a clean sheet against a Premier League team and taking them back to the Cottage, I think we might have taken that."

The result was less impressive for Sunderland and they will be desperate to make the fifth round for the third time in four seasons.

Gus Poyet's side failed to win for the 12th time at home in all competitions this season, but they quickly recovered with a vital 2-0 Premier League triumph over Burnley on Saturday.

Victory included Jermain Defoe's first Sunderland goal following his move from Toronto FC earlier this month, and he is eager to add to his tally in the Cup.

"It's a massive game, especially when you look at who we could get after if we progress," he told Sunderland's official website. "You never know what can happen, especially in the FA Cup, I'm looking forward to that one.

"On the back of a win everyone will be confident going into the game. Hopefully we can go there, relax and play. I'm sure we'll create chances and I believe that we're good enough to win the game."

Poyet will be able to recall Jack Rodwell for the trip to London after he served his one-match suspension last weekend, having been sent off in the first game.

However, Lee Cattermole and Wes Brown remain doubtful as they recover from knee injuries.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/fulham-v-sunderland-mccormack-confident-progression#GlO9pZrhq6d7gvjy.99

WhiteJC

Save on adidas Home Shirts!

For a limited time only, we are offering £20 off the Adidas 2014/15 Home Shirt – just in time for you to show your colours in our run of home games coming up at Craven Cottage!

With adult Home Shirts now £24.99, and kids and mini Home Shirts now £19.99, you can show your support for the boys when they take on Sunderland in the FA Cup Fourth Round Replay on Tuesday 3rd February and then when they host Birmingham on Saturday 7th February at 3pm.

And while you're at it why not personalise your shirt with the name and number of one of your favourite Fulham players? Perhaps Lasse Vigen Christensen is your choice after his strike against Sheffield Wednesday was voted Fulham's best Football League goal of 2014 by the Club's fans.

Buy online now or shop at the Stadium Store.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/february/02/save-on-home-shirts?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Sunderland Guess the Score: positive approach or park the bus?

Malcolm Dawson writes......a return to a flat back four, a midfield three and two forwards in support of our new striker was an encouraging early sign early on Saturday. That the boys looked to go forward more so. The formation actually gave the fullbacks space and for the first time in ages we looked to take the game to the opposition. Mind you Burnley are not Man City or Chelsea, even their own supporters will tell you that, but then neither are Fulham, Hull and Leeds. If we can believe the press talk Defoe might be rested for this game so it may well be that Gus starts with Fletcher and Graham. It may well be that he starts with Manonne, Jones, Giaccherini, Rodwell and Coates as well.

He may stick with the 4-3-3, revert to 3-5-1 or go back to the 4-1-4-1 shape that he employed before JD arrived. All that assuming there is no movement in or out of the club in the frantic dealings of the transfer window's last day – Mavrias and Cabral excepted. The negative from Saturday was that as the game wore on we began to sit deeper and more passes went sideways and backwards than earlier in the day. That Burnley didn't have the quality to break us down meant we still looked comfortable but I would think that even as a devotee of tika taka or tippy tappy, call it what you will, Gus and his staff must have seen we have more chance of winning by taking the game to the opposition rather than sitting back and waiting for the inevitable mistake.

What I'm trying to say is that anticipating what Senor Poyet will do may not be straightforward, but guessing the score is. With many of the Premier League's front runners out of the competition and with what should be a winnable game at Bradford to come (although they can't be taken lightly) the incentive to go out and win the game is there. So if you are optimistic go for a Sunderland victory but if you have been following the team for a long time you may wish to go for a draw or even worse.

Fulham fans are welcome to enter and the design will be modified into one showing their team's kit, courtesy of our sponsors Personalised Football Gifts.

If I understand M Salut's precedent, should there be extra time it will be the score after 120 minutes that counts but if you feel it may go the full two hours, stick in your prediction for what you think it will be after 90 as well and he can sort it out! What I am sure of though is that penalties, should they be needed, will not be included.

Usual rules apply – the first and only the first person to come up with correct scoreline will be deemed the winner. Any first time posters whose comment is held for moderation will not be disadvantaged as the system logs their time of entry. M Salut's decision is final of course.

- See more at: http://salutsunderland.com/2015/02/fulham-v-sunderland-guess-the-score-positive-approach-or-park-the-bus/?#sthash.JKWiy3Gk.dpuf

WhiteJC

Fulham - Sunderland Preview: McCormack confident of progression

With a trip to Bradford City waiting for the victor in the fifth round, the former Leeds United forward believes the Championship outfit can cause a shock

Ross McCormack hopes Fulham can continue their resurgence under Kit Symons when they welcome Sunderland to Craven Cottage in the FA Cup on Tuesday.

After a goalless draw at the Stadium of Light in the fourth round, the two sides go head-to-head again to earn the right to take on Chelsea's conquerors Bradford City.

When Symons replaced Felix Magath in mid-September Fulham only had one point from seven matches, but the former Wales international has secured a further 33 points to move the club away from danger.

One of their many impressive performances under Symons came in the first meeting with Sunderland when they almost caused an upset.

McCormack was guilty of spurning a couple of presentable chances to win that game, while Colombian team-mate Hugo Rodallega struck the post in stoppage time.

And the former Leeds United striker believes the newfound confidence within the club can help them pick up a Premier League scalp.

"It's a good chance at Craven Cottage, where we've proven we can beat anyone – we can blow teams away and we'll definitely be looking to do that," he told the club's official website.

"I've heard a lot of people say that we should have beaten Sunderland at their place, but if you look at the game they had quite a few chances.

"Betts [goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli] probably kept us in the game so I think a draw was a fair result in the end. If we were given that before the game, a clean sheet against a Premier League team and taking them back to the Cottage, I think we might have taken that."

The result was less impressive for Sunderland and they will be desperate to make the fifth round for the third time in four seasons.

Gus Poyet's side failed to win for the 12th time at home in all competitions this season, but they quickly recovered with a vital 2-0 Premier League triumph over Burnley on Saturday.

Victory included Jermain Defoe's first Sunderland goal following his move from Toronto FC earlier this month, and he is eager to add to his tally in the Cup.

"It's a massive game, especially when you look at who we could get after if we progress," he told Sunderland's official website. "You never know what can happen, especially in the FA Cup, I'm looking forward to that one.

"On the back of a win everyone will be confident going into the game. Hopefully we can go there, relax and play. I'm sure we'll create chances and I believe that we're good enough to win the game."

Poyet will be able to recall Jack Rodwell for the trip to London after he served his one-match suspension last weekend, having been sent off in the first game.

However, Lee Cattermole and Wes Brown remain doubtful as they recover from knee injuries.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/fulham-vs-sunderland/1992836/preview

WhiteJC

FA Cup preview: Championship Fulham look to upset Sunderland in fourth-round replay

Fulham will fancy their chances of causing an upset when they host Sunderland in the replay of their FA Cup fourth-round tie on Tuesday.

The Cottagers earned a 0-0 draw at the Stadium of Light to set up a rematch at Craven Cottage, where they are unbeaten so far in 2015.

But Gus Poyet's men will be buoyed by their victory against Burnley on Saturday, which was their first home win in four months.

Jermain Defoe scored his first goal for the club in the 2-0 win over the Clarets and is likely to feature for the Black Cats, who are still without Lee Cattermole thanks to a succession of injuries.

Jack Rodwell is available for selection again after serving a one-match suspension for picking up two yellow cards in the first game against Fulham.

Scott Parker returned for the London side in the defeat to Blackburn at the weekend. The former Chelsea and Tottenham midfielder missed the trip to Wearside with an ankle knock but is set to feature in the replay.

Betting

Sunderland are slight favourites to progress and set up a tie with Bradford. Sky Bet have the Premier League club at 7/5 while you can back the hosts at 19/10.

Ross McCormack is 6/4 to score anytime for the hosts, while Jermain Defoe is a tempting 9/2 to score the first goal at Craven Cottage.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/330823/preview?

WhiteJC

Fulham vs Sunderland: Who is the referee for the FA Cup round replay?

Paul Tierney (Lancashire) will refeee Sunderland's FA Cup fourth round replay at Fulham on Tuesday

Paul Tierney (Lancashire)

Lancashire official Paul Tierney will take charge of Sunderland for the first time when he referees the Black Cats' FA Cup fourth round replay against Fulham at Craven Cottage.

He made his Premier League debut in August when he refereed Swansea's 3-0 win over West Bromwich Albion, but has not been given a top flight fixture since.

So far this season, he has shown 80 yellow cards and six reds in 24 games in all competitions.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-vs-sunderland-who-referee-8559109?

WhiteJC

Connor Wickham rueing Fulham tie as he seeks cup glory

CONNOR Wickham hopes Sunderland can make light of a hectic period of games by booking their place in the FA Cup fifth round tomorrow night.

Wickham's fourth goal of the season helped Sunderland to a huge win in the battle for Premier League survival on Saturday after the Black Cats moved four points clear of the relegation zone with victory over fellow strugglers Burnley.

Now, Gus Poyet's side turn their attentions to tomorrow night's FA Cup fourth round replay at Fulham, where more than 3,000 travelling fans will hope to see Sunderland secure a trip to League One Bradford in the last 16 of the competition.

Poyet is likely to make a handful of changes for the trip to Craven Cottage, with the likes of Steven Fletcher and Ricky Alvarez both in contention to start for the second of a potential five games inside a fortnight.

But Wickham, one of those expected to remain in the side, is looking for Sunderland to capitalise on the three points over Burnley with back-to-back wins for the first time this season.

"The games are coming thick and fast," Wickham said.

"We're just ruing that we didn't seal it in the first game with Fulham because now it's an extra game.

"But that's what we're paid to do and that's what we've got to adapt to."

Wickham was used alongside Defoe in the starting line-up for the first time on Saturday after Poyet reverted to the 4-3-3 system which he had used all season, prior to the previous two games.

But Wickham was given fewer defensive responsibilities than earlier in the campaign, while also encouraged to drift infield alongside Defoe.

That paid dividends with both Defoe and Wickham getting on the scoresheet, in Sunderland's first Stadium of Light win in the Premier League since October.

"We played well as a team and looked comfortable," added Wickham.

"I've not had much of a chance to play with Jermain in a game situation, so the opportunity came on Saturday and I managed to take it.

"It was a good day for me personally, the team, and the fans.

"The manager said to me on Friday to get forward and play as close to Jermain as possible. When I went forward, I could let the midfield take control of defending.

"That suited me, as I could use more energy going forward."

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/connor-wickham-rueing-fulham-tie-as-he-seeks-cup-glory-1-7083389

WhiteJC

Transfer Deadline Day: Fulham's David and Eisfeld leave on loan

Fulham midfielders Chris David and Thomas Eisfeld have left the Championship club on loan until the end of the season.

David has joined Dutch Eredivisie side FC Twente while Eisfeld has moved to Bochum of Germany's second division.

David, 21, joined the Whites from Twente in 2013 and has made seven appearances this season.

Eisfeld, 22, has featured nine times since his move to Craven Cottage from Arsenal last summer.

Meanwhile, Fulham forward Bryan Ruiz is set to join Spanish top-flight side Levante on loan until the end of the season.

The Costa Rica international, who joined the Whites for £10.6m from FC Twente in 2011, has scored five goals in 20 appearances for the Championship club this season.

Ruiz, who is out of contract at Craven Cottage in the summer, spent the second half of last season on loan at Dutch club PSV Eindhoven.

"The loan is a decent deal for the club," Fulham manager Kit Symons said. "The paperwork was done on Friday night so we're awaiting confirmation from Fifa to see if it's gone through."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31100443

WhiteJC

DATE SET IF FULHAM IN CUP

Town to go to Craven Cottage in midweek if Londoners are still in the FA Cup
Town will travel to Fulham on Wednesday, February 18 if the Cottagers win their FA Cup fourth round replay against Sunderland tomorrow night.

Blues' trip to Craven Cottage is scheduled to take place on Saturday, February 14 but that date clashes with the weekend for FA Cup fifth round matches and if Fulham are still in the cup, they will be in action at Bradford.

If the game takes place on the 18th, kick-off will be 7.45pm.

If it remains on the 14th, Town fans are reminded of the rail disruptions between East Anglia and London Liverpool Street on that weekend.

Read more at http://www.itfc.co.uk/news/article/fulham-v-town-2243257.aspx#1cqWk0KsZieEx83y.99

WhiteJC

McCormack's Cup confidence for Craven Cottage replay

Ross McCormack believes Fulham have enough ammunition and home form to upset Premier League Sunderland in The FA Cup.

The Whites play host to Gus Poyet's side on Tuesday evening, after holding them to a 0-0 draw in their first meeting at the Stadium of Light.

And striker McCormack is confident that their more recent performances at Craven Cottage should give them the confidence to cause an upset and set up a trip to face Bradford City in the Fifth Round Proper.

"It would be great to go through," said McCormack, who joined Fulham in a big-money switch from Leeds United last summer.

"It's a good chance at Craven Cottage, where we've proven we can beat anyone – we can blow teams away and we'll definitely be looking to do that.

"Betts [Marcus Bettinelli] probably kept us in the game so I think a draw was a fair result in the end.

"If we were given that before the game, a clean sheet against a Premier League team and taking them back to the Cottage, I think we might have taken that."

The Cup replay will come as a welcome distraction for Kit Symon's side too, following their narrow defeat against Blackburn Rovers at the weekend.

Fulham lost 2-1 at Ewood Park, but with plenty of promising young players being integrated into the squad, McCormack knows that the future is bright at the west London club.

"It was just one of those games. It's done now and we go into Tuesday and are looking forward to a nice, good Cup game," he told FulhamFC.com.

"We won't drop our heads, we had a chat after the game – we've got a young team, we feel we're making good strides.

"After the first seven or eight games of the season we had one point.

"Compare that to where we are now and it shows that we're a good set of lads with good character and good ability.

"It's important that we stay together and try and help the young boys around the squad to improve."

Read more at http://www.thefa.com//news/the-fa-cup/2015/feb/ross-mccormack-fulham-sunderland-preview-020215?#oyEzJD3zHOaB9sv3.99

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Kit Symons confirms TRIPLE exit on deadline day
KIT SYMONS is set to lose three players at Fulham on deadline day.

Deals for Bryan Ruiz to Levante, Chris David to FC Twente and Thomas Hisfeld to Bochum are all expected to be confirmed before the 11pm deadline.

Costa Rica ace Ruiz, who cost Fulham £10m in 2011, has agreed a deal to move to Spain until the end of the season, but the 29-year-old awaits confirmation of the loan transfer from FIFA.

Fulham chief Symons said: "The paperwork was done on Friday which was when the Spanish window closed.

"We are just waiting for confirmation from FIFA as to whether that has gone through or not.

Both clubs have agreed the deal so we are hopeful it will go through. The people at Levante think they will know by the end of the day.

"When I first took over I spoke to Bryan. He made it quite clear he wanted to go in January.

"We expected a sale and the loan is something a bit different, but it's a decent deal for the club.

"I said to him, 'Give me a good shift between now and January and we will do the right thing for the football club.' Bryan did well for us and me personally so it's no problem."

Midfielder David, 21, is returning back to Holland on a permanent deal after two years at Craven Cottage.

Symons added: "We think it is going through. It's not confirmed yet for Chris to sign for FC Twente, but we think that should get done. It's looking likely and will be a permanent deal."

While former Arsenal midfielder Eisfeld, 22, is close to agreeing a loan move to German second division side Bochum.

Symons said: "We are talking to Bochum at the moment and it's in advanced stages. But it's not done as of yet. There is a good chance of that happening."

Symons, who side face Sunderland in an FA Cup fourth round replay against Sunderland tomorrow, insists Hugo Rodallega, linked with a move to the MLS, is going nowhere.

He added: "That's the first I've heard of it. You always expect on deadline day to get a bit of interest in your top players so it's not a surprise. But we haven't heard anything on that at all."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/423376/Fulham-Kit-Symons-deadline-day

WhiteJC

Fulham v Sunderland

FA CUP FOURTH ROUND REPLAY
Venue: Craven Cottage Date: Tuesday, 3 February Kick-off: 1945 GMT
Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio 5 live, BBC local radio, Final Score

Sunderland will be without midfielder Lee Cattermole for Tuesday's FA Cup fourth round replay at Fulham.

Cattermole is facing a further two to three weeks on the sidelines with a knee problem, while centre-back John O'Shea may be rested.

Fulham's on-loan Swansea defender Jazz Richards is cup-tied, while captain Scott Parker could also miss out.

The club's manager Kit Symons said: "Scotty's struggling a little bit with injury and illness."

The original tie finished 0-0 at the Stadium of Light, although Fulham striker Hugo Rodallega hit a post late on for the Championship side.

Rodallega's strike partner Ross McCormack believes the Cottagers can finish the job against the Black Cats and book a fifth-round trip to Bradford.

"It would be great to go through," said McCormack, who has scored 11 goals this season.

"It's a good chance at Craven Cottage, where we've proved we can beat anyone - we can blow teams away and we'll definitely be looking to do that."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30991113

WhiteJC

Symons rubbishes Rodallega rumours

Fulham boss Kit Symons has dismissed rumours of a move to the MLS for striker Hugo Rodallega.

The Colombian frontman, who has scored nine goals this season, had been linked with a deadline-day switch to the Colorado Rapids. But Symons said: "That's the first we've heard of that one really.

"You're always expecting it around deadline day to get a bit of interest in your players so there's no surprises with that.

But no, we've heard nothing on that one at all." Symons did confirm that another forward, Bryan Ruiz, has agreed his move to Spanish club Levante on loan for the rest of the season.

"The paperwork was done on Friday night which was when the Spanish window closed so we're just waiting for confirmation from FIFA as to whether that has gone through or not," he added. "Both clubs agreed the deal.

We're quite hopeful that it goes through. "When I first took over I spoke to Bryan. He made it quite clear that he wanted to go in January.

But I said to him, 'give me a good shift between now and January and then no problem, we'll do the right thing'. And it was the right thing for the football club."

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/fulham/symons-rubbishes-rodallega-rumours-1757417.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham flops set for deadline day disappointment

No takers for two defenders and a midfielder, says Whites boss

It looks as if it will be deadline day disappointment for three want away Fulham internationals - two of them signed by sacked Felix Magath only last summer.

The club have received no enquiries for Kay Voser, Adil Chihi or Elsad Zverotic – all of whom have little prospect of making the Whites first team.

Midfielder Chihi, although born in Dusseldorf has two caps for Morocco, and made more than 130 senior appearances for Cologne where he scored 20 goals, but has been reduced to just one sub appearance against Cardiff in September since he signed a one-year deal for Fulham in July.

Right-back Zverotic, also an international but this time for Montenegro, has been a fill-in right-back for Fulham this term, mostly as sub. He is in the last year of his contract.

However, Voser could be at Fulham until 2016 unless someone comes and rescues him from his west London torment.

The Swiss international has made only four appearances in white, the last in the 3-0 defeat to Reading in September.

"If people look come to in for them. we'll discuss each (bid) on its merit, but there's nothing at the moment," admitted manager Kit Symons. "To be fair to the boys, they want to play football, and we have a very big squad.

"I'd never say never to anyone getting in the team, bit with Tim Hoogland and Fernando Amorebieta getting close to a return and Sean Kananagh as well, it's getting harder all the time especially after we also brought back from Alex Kacaniklic and Ryan Tunnicliffe from loans.

"The bar regarding standards is only going one way - and that's up."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-flops-set-deadline-day-8565020?

WhiteJC

Pair Exit On Loan

Chris David and Thomas Eisfeld have both departed the Club on loan for the remainder of the season.

David has returned to former team FC Twente for the rest of the 2014/15 campaign, while Eisfeld will take in a spell in his native Germany with VfL Bochum in the 2. Bundesliga.

We wish both players the best of luck during their loan spells.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/february/02/pair-exit-on-loan?

WhiteJC

FA Cup replay: Fulham can 'blow away' Sunderland, says Ross McCormack
• Home advantage will prove the difference
• Fulham's captain, Scott Parker, may miss tie

Ross McCormack, the Fulham striker, believes Craven Cottage will prove too daunting for Sunderland.
Photograph: Javier Garcia/BPI/Rex Features

Ross McCormack says Fulham are ready to "blow away" Sunderland in their FA Cup replay at Craven Cottage on Tuesday night.

The sides drew 0-0 in the initial tie at the Stadium of Light thanks to some fine saves from Fulham's goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli, although Hugo Rodallega had a chance to win it for the Championship side when he hit a post late on. McCormack is confident Fulham can finish the job and book a fifth-round trip to Bradford.

"It's a good chance at Craven Cottage, where we've proved we can beat anyone – we can blow teams away and we'll definitely be looking to do that," the striker said.

"I've heard a lot of people say that we should have beaten Sunderland at their place, but if you look at the game they had quite a few chances. Betts probably kept us in the game so I think a draw was a fair result in the end."

Fulham will be without their on-loan Swansea defender Jazz Richards, who is Cup-tied, and their captain, Scott Parker, may miss out because of injury and illness. Sunderland's midfielder Lee Cattermole is absent because of injury and Gus Poyet is likely to make changes. The defender John O'Shea is a candidate to be rested after Wes Brown's return to training and there could be chances for the midfielders Ricky Álvarez and Emanuele Giaccherini.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/02/fulham-sunderland-fa-cup-replay-ross-mccormack?