watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

very disapointed

Started by nose, February 02, 2015, 10:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

i think it would have been wrong to make a load of second rate signings but to bring in nobody is sending a very poor message to the players and supporters alike.

I do like mr kahn i think he seems to be honourable and decent but based on what i have read about the jags and what he has done with us and trying to read a bit between the lines, i think with him as owner we are destined to remain stagnnant. there is little realistic chance of promotion any time in the next few years because he doesn't understand what needs to be done and he maintains a second rate board of directors.

we need two or three players now so that we had a flyer for next season. clearly the summer transfer window is key but really getting no proper players in at all is a terrible error of judgment and i am very disapointed indeed, it honestly not what i expected.

ho hum back to fulham old style mediocrity and a slow slide backwards.

davew

Quote from: nose on February 02, 2015, 10:40:08 PM
i think it would have been wrong to make a load of second rate signings but to bring in nobody is sending a very poor message to the players and supporters alike.

I do like mr kahn i think he seems to be honourable and decent but based on what i have read about the jags and what he has done with us and trying to read a bit between the lines, i think with him as owner we are destined to remain stagnnant. there is little realistic chance of promotion any time in the next few years because he doesn't understand what needs to be done and he maintains a second rate board of directors.

we need two or three players now so that we had a flyer for next season. clearly the summer transfer window is key but really getting no proper players in at all is a terrible error of judgment and i am very disapointed indeed, it honestly not what i expected.

Don't worry there are 19 minutes to go (lol)!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Humbled

Chuba akpom is stuck in traffic ;-)

Lighthouse

I expect a loan signing to come in to help patch things up. But overall this is typical Fulham. Let's stay sustainable and lets continue to hope the kids come good. Meanwhile the club pretend and frankly lie pretending that promotion is something they are pushing for at some point in the future.

They messed up Prem survival by short termism. Now we are sustaining ourselves for a long struggle in the Championship.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Martinsback

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 02, 2015, 11:35:48 PM
I expect a loan signing to come in to help patch things up. But overall this is typical Fulham. Let's stay sustainable and lets continue to hope the kids come good. Meanwhile the club pretend and frankly lie pretending that promotion is something they are pushing for at some point in the future.

They messed up Prem survival by short termism. Now we are sustaining ourselves for a long struggle in the Championship.

Yep...all the talk of getting a few experienced players in and now its "let's let the kids prove themselves". If I was McCormack I would be asking my agent to find me an ambitious team in the summer...Mark Hughes was totally correct. Who would have believed that Stoke were more forward thinking and ambitious that us when we got to the Europa final?

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 03, 2015, 02:59:15 AM
DOOMED !!!!

Lol have you put this on every thread? You should start your own thread now. 

I think we're doomed......
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Mokes

It could be seen as a message to the players that the club has faith in them to do the job, rather than a negative. They're probably happy they will get a little more game time.

Reznor

Quote from: Martinsback on February 02, 2015, 11:42:19 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on February 02, 2015, 11:35:48 PM

Yep...all the talk of getting a few experienced players in and now its "let's let the kids prove themselves". If I was McCormack I would be asking my agent to find me an ambitious team in the summer...Mark Hughes was totally correct. Who would have believed that Stoke were more forward thinking and ambitious that us when we got to the Europa final?

Spot on. Ross will surely be looking for a way out in the summer.

snarks

Jeez, I know there is a sense of dispair that there were no signings, but tell me anyone, apart from a back up keeper, who should Fulham have actually bought, and specifically to replace who?

The Club is midway through a season, where promotion is not realistically an option, and relegation shouldn't be.

I really don't think it is any indication of the future, I believe that any business is best done in the summer to give them more time to integrate. January signings have to be impact players that will improve the team, not add to the squad. The glaring miss for me is a back up keeper in this window, but that's all.

TheManOnTheBus

And a CAM, perhaps, given Ruiz departure. But perhaps Kaca will play there?

res

I'm delighted that we've not signed any waste of time/expensive loan/panic players. Message to our (young) team that Kit is giving them every chance and they've another half season to develop and prove themselves. The January transfer window is full of clubs paying for dross, including us in previous years.
Now get down to the Cottage tonight!!

Skatzoffc

Ho hum.
We still haven't found a replacement for Murphy.
How many years now?

Thought we might go for Dorrans to help in midfield to be honest. Lets face it Parker isn't getting any younger. Dorrans off to Norwich apparently.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

snarks

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on February 03, 2015, 08:29:21 AM
And a CAM, perhaps, given Ruiz departure. But perhaps Kaca will play there?

That's what I think, looked useful against Reading and actually runs past the forwards which is a huge plus

nose

Quote from: Mokes on February 03, 2015, 03:49:35 AM

It could be seen as a message to the players that the club has faith in them to do the job, rather than a negative. They're probably happy they will get a little more game time.

yours is one way of looking at it and not unreasonable. But everyone knows we are thin on the ground in the full back and central midfiled departments, and we really could do with a pacey wide player..... the squad know that and a little investment now would be a sign of intent for the future and create a buzz. as it is we are keeping players that are not really coping as regular first teamers long before they are ready and that is bad for morale.

nose

Quote from: snarks on February 03, 2015, 08:14:26 AM
Jeez, I know there is a sense of dispair that there were no signings, but tell me anyone, apart from a back up keeper, who should Fulham have actually bought, and specifically to replace who?

The Club is midway through a season, where promotion is not realistically an option, and relegation shouldn't be.

I really don't think it is any indication of the future, I believe that any business is best done in the summer to give them more time to integrate. January signings have to be impact players that will improve the team, not add to the squad. The glaring miss for me is a back up keeper in this window, but that's all.

two full backs, a pacey wide man and a defensive central midfileder witha bit of physical prescence about him.
if all we need is a back up keeper then why are we so lack lustre for so long in so many games. We cannot put two good consecutive halves together.
we needed the signings to show management intent and comitment.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Skatzoffc on February 03, 2015, 08:49:49 AM
Ho hum.
We still haven't found a replacement for Murphy.
How many years now?

Thought we might go for Dorrans to help in midfield to be honest. Lets face it Parker isn't getting any younger. Dorrans off to Norwich apparently.

I think LVC or Tunnicliffe will be excellent replacements for Murphy, with Kavanagh and Kaca filling in the missing bits.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

MJG

Anyone out there willing to name a few players currently playing who you would say are a replacement for Danny Murphy?

snarks

Quote from: nose on February 03, 2015, 04:10:41 PM
Quote from: snarks on February 03, 2015, 08:14:26 AM

two full backs, a pacey wide man and a defensive central midfileder witha bit of physical prescence about him.
if all we need is a back up keeper then why are we so lack lustre for so long in so many games. We cannot put two good consecutive halves together.
we needed the signings to show management intent and comitment.

Richards on loan, Tunnicliffe and Kaka return.

Tunni is a CDM with a bit of nastiness in the tackle if he wants it, Kaka is quick and plays wide, both recalled from season long loans.

So really you are saying Fulham are short 1 full back from what they had on Dec 31st. Not bad business then.

Berserker

I remember the false hope of last year with the Greek
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Berserker on February 03, 2015, 05:40:10 PM
I remember the false hope of last year with the Greek

Yes, that was a lot of money to spend on an injured player.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.