watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I think I may be in a minority of about...1

Started by BedsFFC, February 03, 2015, 12:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

I remember how turgid the premiership got at the end. I don't remember any players consistently getting me off my seat for years.

I wasn't happy we went down but boy was I happy when we shipped out all these average players.

To have my team playing with an average age of about 22 is fantastic. So long coming.

I don't see this as lack of ambition, I see this as a new dynamic. We've got lads in the team and on bench who have been part of a superb thing with our club for many many years. OK, they are not Fulham fans (probably) but all their professional life they have worn the black and white. You can see on the pitch the joy they have when scoring and when the team scores.

Looking at the transfer window...Carlton Cole, Adebeyor, Dorrans etc.

I just don't think some of you see the longer term plan. I am personally very happy that the future is centred around a core of these players.

Its an exciting and sensible plan for the future. The really great thing is...we can only get better.

I guess I'm saying that it feels more like we are that "proper club" than we have been since Hodgson.

I must admit that the grief, the moaning is really getting to me. I don't go on TIFF anymore. Place just does not represent me as a Fulham fan. It used to.

If you look just below the surface and look at what is going on at the club and the atmosphere and the future plans, I took my FFC glasses off and looked at all the teams above us and said who would I swap places with and become that club.

None in this league, thats for sure.

Lighthouse

But the longer term plan will be to sell on the young players. Players that are good will not hang around. The odd quality big signing will move on. So what was needed was a little more belief we could build a squad. Now our policy seems to be the kids will have to play, helped by the odd loan signing. Inconsistent results will breed discontent and the players will simply not care about the black and white.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RolandAJ

Has our current owner stated that there is a long-term plan to sell off the young talent?

I hope the plan is to evaluate our young talent and sell them the idea that the club will build a PL-quality team around them should they make the grade.

Summer will tell.

The glass is half full and near the tap!

Roland
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."  Milan Kundera

Or does that not count because it doesn't fit your grouch-centric opinion?

Logicalman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 03, 2015, 01:15:07 AM
I can confirm I agree with most of your sentiments and observations, and I can confirm that, You are now in a majority of Two.

.. and then there were three!!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

St Eve

Unfortunately the challenge is to hold onto the young players or we will become the same old Mediocre Fulham stuck in the lower divisions

Black, White and Fred

I would be number four.

The hit and miss results of the championship alone are more exciting than just hoping we dont get turned over by a prem team, which post Roy has pretty much been the theme.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I'm number  5

No doubt we may be forced to sell 1 or 2 of them (maybe more)  but we seem to have a 'plethora' coming though,
eg tonights U21's v Man U  (Richards, Taggart, Plumain,  Sambou even Donnelly on the bench (recovering from injury)
If we are forced to sell anyone, the money (+ Khans) will help us purchase a 'good' player to replace him.

I said several months ago that I could not wait to see our youngsters 'buzzing around' the pitch with a solid experienced backbone (which we are putting together)

Wakey Wakey doubters.  There is a 3/4 year plan the likes of which we have never seen.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

HatterDon

Quote from: BedsFFC on February 03, 2015, 12:01:36 AM
I remember how turgid the premiership got at the end. I don't remember any players consistently getting me off my seat for years.

I wasn't happy we went down but boy was I happy when we shipped out all these average players.

To have my team playing with an average age of about 22 is fantastic. So long coming.

I don't see this as lack of ambition, I see this as a new dynamic. We've got lads in the team and on bench who have been part of a superb thing with our club for many many years. OK, they are not Fulham fans (probably) but all their professional life they have worn the black and white. You can see on the pitch the joy they have when scoring and when the team scores.

Looking at the transfer window...Carlton Cole, Adebeyor, Dorrans etc.

I just don't think some of you see the longer term plan. I am personally very happy that the future is centred around a core of these players.

Its an exciting and sensible plan for the future. The really great thing is...we can only get better.

I guess I'm saying that it feels more like we are that "proper club" than we have been since Hodgson.

I must admit that the grief, the moaning is really getting to me. I don't go on TIFF anymore. Place just does not represent me as a Fulham fan. It used to.

If you look just below the surface and look at what is going on at the club and the atmosphere and the future plans, I took my FFC glasses off and looked at all the teams above us and said who would I swap places with and become that club.

None in this league, thats for sure.

I agree with you 100% At least two of us are thrilled about this side and watching it grow.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Of course we will sell all the youngsters,  that's the correct business model for a club our size. The trick is selling them over a time period and using that money for new players.
I fully expect to cash in on one of the stars this summer, but then that leaves another half dozen youngsters we rate.
It's the way of the world and our place in it.

VicHalomsLovechild

I agree with MJG these are early days for us. Has the Club shifted from a backbone of mature pro's at the end of their careers to one of youth and a steady restocking of that youth. Time will tell.
I'd much prefer to follow the Southampton model than the Haha' s one.

dannyboi-ffc

Too much reading for me this early in the morning but can I be number 7?.

The people agreeing normally are spot on so I'm in!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Dodger53

What ever the number add me to your views.

Giving players a run and tweeking things a little with a core of youngsters is good for me.

I am enjoying this season far more than last year.

Exceptions are the ones where I am reminded of last year - ie Brighton & Hove at home -

Skatzoffc

Good post Beds.

I'd agree but I need to see what happens in the summer transfer.

I fear we will lose LVC.
Probably Roberts to Liverpool as well.

But we need to use the money wisely when we get it.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Steven Ageroad

I can see us doing a Southampton in the next 2/3 years and having our present youngsters/academy as the main spine of the team. Fetch it on.

Chutney

I couldn't agree any more. Its nice to see some positivity!
C O Y W

mullers

Brilliant post. Are you sure you're not in the majority?

snarks

Well just doing a simple sum in my head I'd be No 11 to agree.

Unless that puts me on the majority, in which case I'm going to be all contrary and say rubbish.

Egham White

I'm positive I'll need a pie and Bovril to warm up tonight  :005:
Everybody hurts sometime

Bracken White

Good to read some optimism - especially after a disappointing transfer window for many. Symons had the opportunity to mould his own team ... but take the point, perhaps he has with the youngsters - the way he wants to go. I just felt we should have taken the opportunity to strengthen at the back ... keep leaking goals so often puts us on the back foot. However, we are showing some fight & character nowadays - have a settled team & settled management team, which is also important. Need & indeed have some stability at this time.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

colinwhite

Well said Beds . My glass is definitely half full ,but I'm not sure how far away it is from the tap . Hopefully its  close and we will get some good signings in , in the summer as well as keeping all of our young players, so that we can push on . What is positive is that it seems to me that the transfer window has not been entirely in kits hands as he would surely look to bring in players to secure his job . He did make a point of saying the other night he "thoroughly believes in this group of players ". That was surely a strong hint that no players would be coming in . What is  very positive is that we are not just going to throw money at it and seem to have a more long term plan .
Its going to be an interesting summer , with a couple of quality early signings if we our glass is really close to that tap . Come on you lilly whites !