News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The clubs a joke and a shambles..............

Started by Tooting legend, February 03, 2015, 09:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

I don't agree at all with the posting headline ...

Let's recall that the MAF injection of almost limitless funds when we were at a low ebb (financially) but had just had one of our better seasons for donkeys years was indeed welcome.  Everything we see around us today (apart from the team) is MAF inspired.

But by Fulham standards the bar has been set very high and while we have diced with death a few times we have also enjoyed some very good high's.

MAF left when things were starting to slip.  You can't blame him, another pretty massive injection of capital was needed and he probably thought 'I've done my bit.'

Khan purchased a club free of debt (how few do that?) but was hindered by clearly not very good advisers and clearly didn't realise the scale of investment that was needed.

He is learning (at some cost) but after the disaster of the season start surely a mid Champ position with our youngsters getting some game time and the prospect of additions in the summer is not unrealistic?

I'm as ambitious as the next man but I hope also realistic.

Give Kit a chance - great job so far IMO - and with the new man on board in a month or so he can plan what he needs in the summer.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

ToodlesMcToot

The club is not a shambles or a joke. Kit has done a fine job righting the ship and getting the team playing with confidence again - something that has been a true rarity since the Dems bailed out, IMHO. We are a consistently good side in our league. We do show our inexperience quite often but, that is ok with me. We are inexperienced.

Our youngsters are going to continue to improve. It appears that several have what it takes to meet and exceed the level of play required of this league. Some have not. That should be expected as well.

We've added Rigg who, by all accounts, is an inspired addition on the footballing side of this business. We've actually announced a "begin" data for the Riverside construction.

Very little, aside from the fact that we did not sign anyone this January, points to anything remotely shambolic. I wanted incoming transfers as well. I believe we are dangerously thin in midfield and attack. But, if the deals that we wanted to make didn't happen, then they didn't happen. Simple.

I quite like Kit and believe he's done a marvelous job when handed a terrible situation. I think he's good for us right now. I just don't know how far he's capable of taking us.

Unfortunately, I/we don't know the true reasons why we did not spend in this window. Could be we failed to secure the targets we had. Could be we are still not spending money for some reason. Could be lack of faith in Kit. I choose to believe the first. But, until Khan, Rigg, and Ali Mac prove their faith in him, I'm just going to approach his time in the management chair with a bit of emotional caution.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Roberty

I am sure there were dozens of top quality players wanting to join a club that has clawed it's way up to the middle of the second tier

So why didn't we sign them

Mostly likely because there weren't any

Were no longer part of the beauty contest circus, we've slipped and become an ugly sister

So better to work with the good young players we have than to invest in also-rans
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy