News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The clubs a joke and a shambles..............

Started by Tooting legend, February 03, 2015, 09:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tooting legend

This is not the Fulham fc that I have know for 35 years a total shambles, not even a sniff of a transfer...Its so very clear that we needed to strengthen. Most of the time good players come to a club who have a manager in charge that they feel can take the club forward and someone they can learn off. Well people can slate me but this is not going to happen whilst Kit is in charge, hence the lack of transfer activity. Fulham went for the cheap option when appointing a new manager, when there were a lot of managers out there with Premiership experience. I like Kit don't get me wrong but not as the manager of our great club. The damage has been done now and that was shown in this window.

MJG

The actual first team players who Kit are using is actually stronger than on December 31st.
Granted we lost Ruiz,  but in have come Kaca, Tunniclffe Richards. Fofana has also extended.
As much as I wanted David in the team it was not happening and Elsfeld is an unknown. Taggart is on way back,  as is Hoogland and Amorebieta and then Smith.

Mince n Tatties

Were not a joke and a shambles, a hell of a lot of clubs worse off than we are.
Im disappointed that nobody came in yesterday, it gives the fans and players a boost.
I think it could  cause a drop in gates the rest of season, especially if we go
Out tonight, a lot will think" OH Well thats the season over"..

Berserker

Oh I din't know. If the football id exciting, which it has been of late, people will go just see an entertaining game of football. Also I go to see friends pre/post match for a drink, then see people around me I like at matches, so for me it's not about if season is over or what league we are in. My dad was football obsessed and used to go down the playing fields to watch teams on a Sunday just cause he liked watching people play.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Chutney

I am actually very excited about our future with Symons in charge. The talent in this squad is undeniable and we've yet to see how good it can be. People are quick to forget the extent of the decline we've been on for the last few years.
C O Y W

Tooting legend

Are you really  Well I will have a pint of what you have had this morning.

Chutney

C O Y W

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 03, 2015, 09:43:31 AM
Were not a joke and a shambles, a hell of a lot of clubs worse off than we are.
Im disappointed that nobody came in yesterday, it gives the fans and players a boost.
I think it could  cause a drop in gates the rest of season, especially if we go
Out tonight, a lot will think" OH Well thats the season over"..

Oh ok, as long as there are a few clubs worse off than us we should be grateful? Unfortunately with what we achieved over 13 years (Maybe discount the last 3) as well as a wealthy owner supposedly wanting instant return to the Premier League, we are a shambles.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Chutney on February 03, 2015, 10:15:52 AM
I am actually very excited about our future with Symons in charge. The talent in this squad is undeniable and we've yet to see how good it can be. People are quick to forget the extent of the decline we've been on for the last few years.

Of all the players with supposed promise for this league only Christensen and Betts have looked up to it. Woodrow, Dembele and Roberts are all fantastic for the Under 21's but they aren't Championship players and won't be for some time. We've been in decline for the last few years because we over relied on old age to get us through, now was the perfect time to mix youth with experience and we've opted for youth, a weird formation and loaning out our better players.

Just a balls up since we lost the final in 2010. Mark Hughes was so right its infuriating. I cant grasp how people defend the appointment of Kit as being the best for the club and not the cheap option as well as the bench being full of 16 year olds and saying ah well, Kit can't be wrong. Youth is fantastic and we have some prospects but this as a plan, isn't working!!

TheManOnTheBus

Quote from: MJG on February 03, 2015, 09:43:20 AM
The actual first team players who Kit are using is actually stronger than on December 31st.
Granted we lost Ruiz,  but in have come Kaca, Tunniclffe Richards. Fofana has also extended.
As much as I wanted David in the team it was not happening and Elsfeld is an unknown. Taggart is on way back,  as is Hoogland and Amorebieta and then Smith.

Its always good to get your voice of reason and sanity amongst all this fan meltdown.

Agreed, we are stronger with those three coming in.

I suppose the issue is would have been better for next season's promotion push to have added a little bit more now or to wait.  Adding now would have allowed (I) longer bedding in; and (ii) (if got right) a stronger finish which might mean we are more attractive when trying to add a few more in the summer).  Against that of course we can only do what we can do with what is available and sensible prices.

Here's to Ruiz staying due to a cock-up in paper work. Very Fulhamish.

Lighthouse

First of all I think Symons has done a near miracle since taking over. Secondly the club have clearly shown that they have no plan for the future. They will have to sell the best kids when we fail to bother this league. We will then replace them with old cheap past it players. The circle will be complete.

We have ample opportunity to build a squad slowly. The club has decided to spend big on one player who will not hang around and expect players not yet ready or overseas players with no experience of the league to step in. Now with this window we the club has decided to cut the losses.

I bet in the Summer we will be having the same conversation with our owner talking about sustainability. Some of us are excited about the players coming through. But most of them will not be consistent enough to step up. But then I think it is fair to say our club has no ambition to progress just survive.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

terryr

Woodrow, Dembele and Roberts are all fantastic for the Under 21's but they aren't Championship players and won't be for some time.

I agree 100%
There are people on this board who have seriously said they want Roberts to get more playing time because Ruiz has left......The kids are developing but we arent a training academy for goodness sake!
Or are we?

CorkCity

We have always lacked ambition and have always been a selling club.
I think we do ok considering the mind-set that we are good old Fulham, a friendly little club by the Thames.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

MJG

Quote from: TerryR on February 03, 2015, 11:07:18 AMWoodrow, Dembele and Roberts are all fantastic for the Under 21's but they aren't Championship players and won't be for some time.

I agree 100%
There are people on this board who have seriously said they want Roberts to get more playing time because Ruiz has left......The kids are developing but we arent a training academy for goodness sake!
Or are we?
That would be me then. I do think if Ruiz has gone then Roberts will get more time. Is he or others ready,  probably not,  but get the games and experience in early and we will be challenging next season.
And as for your comment about wanting kids because of people like me watching the U21's then guilty as charged. We have the best crop of youngsters in the 37 years of watching Fulham. I don't want them stagnating in the reserves or being pissed off because they have not played.
Gone I hope are days of keeping players t this club till they are 22/23 and have only played one game. Gone are average age teams of 33.
Yes it's a gamble,  but if it works this team could be talked about for years.

Bill2

Quote from: TerryR on February 03, 2015, 11:07:18 AM
Woodrow, Dembele and Roberts are all fantastic for the Under 21's but they aren't Championship players and won't be for some time.

I agree 100%
Or are we?
Judging by the absence of any offers for any of our players it indicates to me what the rest of the footballing world think of them. If they were so full of promise we would be having to fight them off but we haven't. So what does that say.

MJG

Quote from: Bill2 on February 03, 2015, 11:30:47 AM

I agree 100%
Or are we?
Judging by the absence of any offers for any of our players it indicates to me what the rest of the footballing world think of them. If they were so full of promise we would be having to fight them off but we haven't. So what does that say.
How do you know their were no offers,  Kit said in his press conference there was interest in some of the youngsters.

Classic94

I'm disappointed that we didn't sign anyone yesterday but we are not in turmoil. Things have stabilised since the Magath era but a total recovery will take time given that the squad was completely decimated by the German lunatic.

Of course, the loss of Ruiz is the biggest concern and, in my opinion, the club should have replaced him but David and Eisfeld have hardly featured. Like many have pointed out, the 1st team is actually stronger than a month ago with Kaca and Tunnicliffe returning, Fofana extending, and the emergence of Grimmer, Kavanagh... We also have Amorebieta, Hoogland, Hyndman and Smith to come back over the coming weeks/months. Hopefully the youngsters continue making strides too.

It would've been nice to bring 1 or 2 more in to lift the fans and lay some foundations for next season but January prices are horribly inflated - even more so on deadline day. If we do not make a concerted effort to improve the squad over the summer however, that would be a different story...

Logicalman

Quote from: Tooting legend on February 03, 2015, 09:35:29 AM
This is not the Fulham fc that I have know for 35 years a total shambles, not even a sniff of a transfer...Its so very clear that we needed to strengthen. Most of the time good players come to a club who have a manager in charge that they feel can take the club forward and someone they can learn off. Well people can slate me but this is not going to happen whilst Kit is in charge, hence the lack of transfer activity. Fulham went for the cheap option when appointing a new manager, when there were a lot of managers out there with Premiership experience. I like Kit don't get me wrong but not as the manager of our great club. The damage has been done now and that was shown in this window.

Perhaps you have 'Arrys number to hand, would he satisfy your needs better?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

I agree 100%
Or are we?

Well, watching the Prem transfer market, didn't hear of offers for Van Persie, so he must be crap as well. Just saying  :023:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Logicalman on February 03, 2015, 03:06:41 PM

I agree 100%
Or are we?

Well, watching the Prem transfer market, didn't hear of offers for Van Persie, so he must be crap as well. Just saying  :023:

OR he's got a huge release clause, massive wages and seemingly past his best.