watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The sensible approach

Started by The Old Count, February 03, 2015, 10:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

Many supporters are concerned that we may lose our best young players in the summer. I should imagine that Kit is also aware of the danger of having out talent poached.

Doesn't it then make sense to put a proposition to those young players that: We are building a team centered on them.  That they have a better chance of getting regular games in the Premiership in the future if they stay with us.  That they will be better off with a coach who has a thorough understanding of their strengths and abilities.

Wouldn't it then be unwise to bring in players who are not as good but may have more experience? Who would probably be paid more. Who would get games in front of them.

I would have thought that it would only be worth signing new players who would contribute massively to the club.  Not an easy ask in January.

So, to all those who are slagging our club off right now.  untwist your knickers and get real.

Joseffc

Although I agree January is tough time to get quality to improve the team and value for money I am not too sure that some of the more ambitious players will share the same optimism that you have in that we will have a team that will be capable be pushing for promotion. Whilst as a fan I enjoy the Championship and have no problem with being here, as a club it appears as though we are far more focused on maintaining a team capable of getting by in the division rather than a side to assault the top of the table to lead us into the Premier League. If I was among the likes of LVC, Roberts, Kaca, Demebele, David or even McCormack with no emotional ties to the club I would brief my agent to find potential opportunities elsewhere in the summer as there appears to be no urgent desire to improve the team.

As Fulham fans we know only too well what can happen to a club which takes it's eye off the ball and not adequately plan ahead with ambition. I can see a few more tough (but entertaining) years in the Championship for us rather than a Premier League return.   

terryr

The kids will be off regardless if a big club comes calling
Making them the centre of everything risks relegation.
#There is an obsession with the kids on this board and it seems to come from people who regularly go to U21's games and are thrilled the boys are getting first team football.
All well and good but the first team is not the U21's
We want to get promoted dont we?
We dont  want to get relegated ....do we?
Kit is an U21's manager
Having Dembele or Roberts on the bench is madness when we have Smith .....of I forgot Kit sent him out on loan to a lower league.
So we have unproven youngsters taking up the bench and substitutions as well as first team places....not much development ( nor goals) happening there
We have a proven Championship player scoring goals for fun in a lower league. I suppose you could say loaned HIM out to develop him.......

Am I missing something or is Kit got this backwards?

HatterDon

Here's the thing -- and I've pointed this out more than once.

There are two parties who have to agree in order for there to be a player transfer -- the gaining club and the losing club. If a club does not want to transfer a player, it doesn't have to. Similarly, if a club doesn't want to spend over a certain amount, it doesn't have to. Now a player DOES have to agree terms with a new club or he doesn't move, but A PLAYER DOESN'T MAKE THE DECISION TO GO ON THE MARKET. His club does.

Why am I saying this? Because I continue to see references to our young players leaving if we don't get promoted. When it comes down to it, what they want doesn't really matter -- unless the club wants it first.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel