watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunderland = Groundhog Day

Started by domprague, February 03, 2015, 11:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domprague

I went to the match with a mate tonight and he asked me what to expect. I said that we'll look like we deserve to be ahead only to lose 3-1 or 4-1 with a comedy goal or a needless penalty and we'll walk away wondering how that happened. How did I know? Because that's what always happens when we play Sunderland at the Cottage.
I thought we looked OK at 1-0 before MB's howler. They were better than us in the first half but they weren't really threatening in the second. The second goal looked like class - I was in the Hammy End - and the third bore out my prediction. At least that git Johnson didn't score a hat-trick this time.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Thing is Groundhog Day DID eventually end

That is the "loop" did eventually stop

So how/why / when will our Groundhog Day stop - & we start to live again & move forward?

Ah well, we are still in the circle or loop if you prefer - @ the moment

Will it still be the same when I wake up in the morning?

Plodder

1974-75 Fulham 1 Sunderland 3 (my first visit to the Cottage)
2007-08 Fulham 1 Sunderland 3 (I thought this had sent us down, but it turned out to be a rare blemish during the great escape)
2012-13 Fulham 1 Sunderland 3 (having to sit in the Putney End near a bunch of vile Sunderland fans made it a horrible experience)
2013-14 Fulham 1 Sunderland 4 (would have been 1-3 again, but for a late dodgy penalty)
2014-15 Fulham 1 Sunderland 3 (maybe the incompetent referee tonight was aware of the recurring scoreline – I can't think of any other reason to award that "penalty" in injury time)
I am sick of "Fulham 1 Sunderland 3".