watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just in case you didn't know

Started by St Eve, February 04, 2015, 02:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Our season is finally over. We had a little tease in the cup, but now it is time to focus on next season. Experiment with the youngsters and hopefully keep the best ones. Check out the market for some real quality and plan for Hugo and Parker moving on. Getting relegated really sucked

HatterDon

While the negatives have "had enough" and "have given up like Kit has," I'm looking forward to watching the kids mature as we finish mid-table and build the squad that will suit us for some time to come.

I'm sorry we're out of the cup, but I've been on this site since it began and heard nothing but "the cups are unnecessary distractions from the league." I even heard this in the Europa League. Until we hit the semi-finals, the majority on here were moaning about all the Sunday kickoffs and how we should be concentrating on the league.

We're an exciting young side now, for the first time in ages we're fun to watch on the road, and it SHOULD BE a joy to watch these kids mature. I'll enjoy it anyhow. Let the moaners, the "that's it, I'm not spending my money or time blah-de-blah" watch the Prem on TV. I'm looking forward to the rest of this season and what follows.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HatterDon on February 04, 2015, 04:03:18 AM
While the negatives have "had enough" and "have given up like Kit has," I'm looking forward to watching the kids mature as we finish mid-table and build the squad that will suit us for some time to come.

I'm sorry we're out of the cup, but I've been on this site since it began and heard nothing but "the cups are unnecessary distractions from the league." I even heard this in the Europa League. Until we hit the semi-finals, the majority on here were moaning about all the Sunday kickoffs and how we should be concentrating on the league.

We're an exciting young side now, for the first time in ages we're fun to watch on the road, and it SHOULD BE a joy to watch these kids mature. I'll enjoy it anyhow. Let the moaners, the "that's it, I'm not spending my money or time blah-de-blah" watch the Prem on TV. I'm looking forward to the rest of this season and what follows.

Hear Hear
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Skatzoffc

Well said Hatter!

A much more entertaining division this.
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

filham

Sure we have to develop the young players and prepare a team capable of a promotion push next season but don't forget we need another five or six wins to ensure championship safety.

Almost all of our wins to date have been very close victories, relax for a moment and a string of defeats could easily be put together.

Jem

Refreshing point of view.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

MJG

Quote from: filham on February 04, 2015, 02:56:24 PM
Sure we have to develop the young players and prepare a team capable of a promotion push next season but don't forget we need another five or six wins to ensure championship safety.

Almost all of our wins to date have been very close victories, relax for a moment and a string of defeats could easily be put together.
You mean apart from the two 4-0's and the 3-0.
The average score in football is 2-1 so not sure what you are getting at

Lighthouse

I keep hearing about our exciting young side. Will be interesting to see them. But I haven't seen them that often. Being young players they are inconsistent and most of them are simply not good enough, I would have liked them to have a bit of help.

But while we have the likes of Dembele to bring on and keep thinking this is exciting I guess the struggle to stay up becomes an exciting one.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Northern Cottager

Youngsters and youth is what we needed, completely agree. A Complete overhaul and 95% of our squad being at this age and used as our main bulk of first team players was a ridiculous plot.

How this season can be described as entertaining is baffling and smacks of no ambition. We've been hammered more times in this league than the Prem, won more games against the run of play and deserved even less than our points tally suggests.

Of course I'm happy we cleared the dead wood and I'm happy we've progressed so many promising youngsters but the side is so unbalanced and one dimensional it suggests everyone within the club had no intention of delivering any real success and also Kit isn't too sure where else to turn.

Also, 15th in this league isn't 'success' before someone says it.

Oh, and I also haven't lived through the 'dark times' so I haven't experience of this and this shouldn't be used as an excuse for complacency. You don't go forwards five steps and always think 'ah wel, we're better of than we were, lets sit back and watch it all unravel'.

fulhams_finest

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 04, 2015, 03:22:32 PM
I keep hearing about our exciting young side. Will be interesting to see them. But I haven't seen them that often. Being young players they are inconsistent and most of them are simply not good enough, I would have liked them to have a bit of help.

But while we have the likes of Dembele to bring on and keep thinking this is exciting I guess the struggle to stay up becomes an exciting one.

think back to last season with the likes of berbatov - At least these players give a s***, thats what I care about. Betinelli last night makes a rare mistake and the whole team support him and tell him to keep his chin up, just a better feel to the team that we are playing and I like it

Luka

W
Quote from: Lighthouse on February 04, 2015, 03:22:32 PM

Agreed !!
We don't have an exciting young side.
We have a young side that occasionally looks to be punching above its weight.
This rubbish about watching them develop into an all conquering side is just wishful thinking.
Only two or three of them will go onto much bigger and better things the rest will settle into the middle leagues to become solid pro's and nothing more.

Rose tinted glasses being worn by to many optimists..

Jimpav

Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 04, 2015, 04:08:32 PM
Youngsters and youth is what we needed, completely agree. A Complete overhaul and 95% of our squad being at this age and used as our main bulk of first team players was a ridiculous plot.

How this season can be described as entertaining is baffling and smacks of no ambition. We've been hammered more times in this league than the Prem, won more games against the run of play and deserved even less than our points tally suggests.

Of course I'm happy we cleared the dead wood and I'm happy we've progressed so many promising youngsters but the side is so unbalanced and one dimensional it suggests everyone within the club had no intention of delivering any real success and also Kit isn't too sure where else to turn.

Also, 15th in this league isn't 'success' before someone says it.

Oh, and I also haven't lived through the 'dark times' so I haven't experience of this and this shouldn't be used as an excuse for complacency. You don't go forwards five steps and always think 'ah wel, we're better of than we were, lets sit back and watch it all unravel'.

15th is success in the context of us starting the season with an 8 match handica though.

We spent much of our time in the premier league as whipping boys for the top 6 and pretty much every side we played away from home except Bolton and Norwich.

Our greatest ever achivement was 7th and we only scraped that on goal difference because Spurs started their season in a similar vain to what we have started ours this year.

We had some memorable results against Man U/Liverpool/Arsenal but most of the time we were making up the numbers and paying through the nose for the privelege.

I'm not saying the Championship is the better of the two leagues but it's a lot more competitive and will be the only league we we've stand a chance of winning.

Peabody

Thank you HD. Brilliant response

I am sick to death of reading that those of us who are, can I say on the positive view of things, being accused of lacking ambition, just because we don't wear a black shroud on anything to do with Fulham. I am just as sick when Fulham lose or do not play well but I then look forward to the next opportunity to rectify things. Why? Because I realise, that I can do nothing about things on the pitch, just like none of you can do anything, (other than moan). All we can do is follow Fulham and support them in thier efforts.

Peabody

Quote from: Peabody on February 04, 2015, 05:23:49 PM
Thank you HD. Brilliant response

I am sick to death of reading that those of us who are, can I say on the positive view of things, being accused of lacking ambition, just because we don't wear a black shroud on anything to do with Fulham. I am just as sick when Fulham lose or do not play well but I then look forward to the next opportunity to rectify things. Why? Because I realise, that I can do nothing about things on the pitch, just like none of you can do anything, (other than moan). All we can do is follow Fulham and support them in thier efforts.

forgot to mention tthe rose tinted glasses comment. Just one question, does that make us bad supporters?

SG

I agree as well. More entertainment in the last few games than the entire previous season