watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bettinelli

Started by MiltonBurrows, February 04, 2015, 02:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Bets is having a great season and this one error must not distract from his value to us.

The BBC were highlighting it as the turning point of the match but my view is that a freak goal of one type or another is always likely to occur, even with top class teams, that is why one goal should never be considered sufficient to win a match.

We lost last night not because of a goalkeeping error but because we failed to score more than a solitary goal at the Cotttage.

Airfix

poo happens, and when you're the 'keeper, it's in sharper focus. Would rather have him than any other.

Lighthouse

Well it was a clanger and has to be reported, But as Fulham fans we are all aware that Betts is one of the few bright spots of an awful season. It happens and he was good enough to get over it. As he himself said, it wasn't the first and wont be the last.

Consistently players misplace passes and don't finish in front to goal. That sadly is our real problem.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Sgt Fulham

I hope Betts sees this. He has been great this season and has a massive future. He did not lose us the game, not even close. He is the first keeper who ive felt safe in goal with since Mark Schwarzer and even Mark had a few mistakes. Long may his good form continue.

Northern Cottager

I was one of the first to doubt he would be able to step up to be our first team 'keeper. Thankfully he has been one of the positives this year and has been fantastic. We've shipped a lot of goals but none are really his fault or much he could do about them.

Keep going Betts!!

PaulJ123

I was going to post about it being the 3rd top story on the BBC last night, over the actual game itself. Really poor from them, particularly as he could and should be a future England number 1.

He was outstanding yesterday and has been all season.

CottagersOnTour

Quote from: Airfix on February 04, 2015, 10:28:16 AM
poo happens, and when you're the 'keeper, it's in sharper focus. Would rather have him than any other.

:plus one:

GrahamG

He's done well BUT it's not the fault of the BBC that he dropped the ball into our net. It wouldn't matter if he played for us or anybody else, such a horrible mistake was always going to get highlighted. If I read the opening comments on this thread correctly the inference is that the cup competition doesn't matter. What the f***! If you think that a club going nowhere (except perhaps down) wouldn't benefit from a cup run then you are absolutely clueless.

horse1031

Watching the highlights that was a terrible mistake.  He had to make work of it to just get it into our net.  He has been wonderful this season but in the end that probably cost us the game last night.

Holders

I think it gave Sunderland encouragement at that stage of the game but I reckon they'd have at least equalised anyway by full-time on the run of play. I certainly don't blame Betts. Any lesser keeper would not have made half the wonderful saves he's made this season - and that would really have shown up the rest of our defence and we'd have far fewer points.

Keep up the good work Betts!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FFCpmd

Never heard a bad word said about Betts, from any Fulham fan. And last night was no exception - not one word of criticism from anyone around me in H block. Can't think that he's previously put a foot wrong all season - already a Fulham favourite!

(If every mistake from our outfield players resulted in a goal, I wonder what our goal difference would be...)