https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My squad for next season's promotion push

Started by dannyboi-ffc, February 04, 2015, 08:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutney

Quote from: MJG on February 04, 2015, 02:01:00 PM
Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 04, 2015, 01:58:18 PM

Where is the creative, high quality and experienced CM behind the strikers? Next year, it can't be Kaca,  Roberts, Hyndman and for sure it's not a good idea to waste Ross M's skills as a striker in this role. We have been plugging this gap (left by Danny and Dembele) for too long - until it's plugged we will remain uncompetitive.....
I would goto four across midfield so no player behind the strikers.
But as I asked yesterday on a thread... Name a Murphy replacement who is out there?

Future Emmerson Hyndman
C O Y W

fulhams_finest

Quote from: Holders on February 04, 2015, 09:22:23 AM
Danny, I see that you're shipping Hooglad out - is that because you think he'll be poached by a bigger team or you don't rate him? For me, he's one of the few in our squad ready for the PL now.

Oh dear really? he scored a few goals at the start but I think grimmer positionally and defensively is far superior to the ultimate defensive wanderer that is Tim Hoogland

Two Ton Ted

Stafylidis is on a season's loan anyway, there's no guarantee we will buy him.

Hoogland was one of our better players in the disasterous magath reign but I think there's better out there.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Chutney on February 04, 2015, 04:11:16 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 04, 2015, 02:01:00 PM
Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 04, 2015, 01:58:18 PM

Where is the creative, high quality and experienced CM behind the strikers? Next year, it can't be Kaca,  Roberts, Hyndman and for sure it's not a good idea to waste Ross M's skills as a striker in this role. We have been plugging this gap (left by Danny and Dembele) for too long - until it's plugged we will remain uncompetitive.....
I would goto four across midfield so no player behind the strikers.
But as I asked yesterday on a thread... Name a Murphy replacement who is out there?

Future Emmerson Hyndman

His passing is certainly Murphy'esque.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MJG

I really do think Hooglands contribution is blurred by his goals.
My image of him at right back is always being too far up field and chasing the legs of the winger as they head towards goal.
His average position was hilarious at times.

FulhamStu

Agree with pretty much all of this Danny Boy

millsy

Good original post and I agree with pretty much all of it.

Hoog and Staf are not good enough, in my view. I think Jazz/Jack is fine on the right but we need a solid LB. Amor is not the answer and don't see where he fits on long term.

Priority for me was, is & will be a creative midfielder who can put his foot on the ball and pick out a through ball. LVC is a great prospect but needs to float, Scott or Ryan can play the holding/ball-winning role on rotation and we have an abundance of wider men to choose from.

This leaves Ross up front with any of the youngsters and/or Rodders.
Emerson might develop into that key player but meantime, spend on the best we can lure to the project and I really believe we could make it up next season.