Bettinelli
Experienced back up keeper
Jorenen (out on loan unless needed)

New left back with a bit more experience
Kavanagh
Hutchinson
Bodurov
Burn
Experienced defender who's happy to be part of a squad with hutch/bod remaining the partnership
New right back again with more experience
Grimmer

Utility player

New holding midfielder to give lvc more freedom
Parker
LVC
Tunnicliffe
Hyndman

Williams
Kaca
Roberts
New winger possibly matt jarvis, someone experienced with quality

McCormack
Woodrow
New goalscorer
Dembele  
Taggart

Players out
Kiraly
Stafylidis
Amorebieta
Hoogland
Zverotic
Voser
David
Eisfeld
Fofana
Chihi
Fazlic
Mitroglou (to help fund quality players with a knowhow to get out of this division)
Ruiz released to free up wages
Hugo to give Woodrow more game time
Smith

The likes of Passley,  Arthurworry and plumain loaned out along with any other U21's who aren't quite good enough yet

It might seem a small squad but quality is better than quantity and I saw last night a team with potential. I didn't think the gap between Sunderland and us was that big but they were the better team on the night.  We just need that extra quality in depth.

I don't think hugo is the answer long term, neither is hoogland who will constantly be injured, parker as more of a squad player because next year it needs to be 442 with lvc pushing on. We need someone holding to protect the back 4 and have parker as a very reliable sub. He's getting on a bit now but I love parker so I'd definitely rotate him.

It will be an interesting summer, we aren't going down so it's time to build for next year.

oh and Parker dropped to vice captain with either lvc or McCormack as captain

COYW!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MJG

Danny that's pretty much what I would do as well although Taggart should be kept to see how he progresses. Maybe a experienced player who is more of a utility player,  but realises he is purely a squad player to cover defence occasionally.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on February 04, 2015, 08:28:46 AM
Danny that's pretty much what I would do as well although Taggart should be kept to see how he progresses. Maybe a experienced player who is more of a utility layer,  but realises he is purely a squad player to cover defence occasionally.

Good point I'll edit that. Someone like a baird would be nice.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Holders

Danny, I see that you're shipping Hooglad out - is that because you think he'll be poached by a bigger team or you don't rate him? For me, he's one of the few in our squad ready for the PL now.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FFC1987

Do you think that squad is good enough to push?

Classic94

Quote from: Holders on February 04, 2015, 09:22:23 AM
Danny, I see that you're shipping Hooglad out - is that because you think he'll be poached by a bigger team or you don't rate him? For me, he's one of the few in our squad ready for the PL now.

I agree that Hoogland is a very capable player who offers defensive and midfield cover. He's had a tough time with injuries this season but I think he's worth keeping for at least another year.

The rest of Danny's choices look good. Release the deadwood and the high-earners such as Ruiz, Rodallega & Mitroglou. I like Amorebieta but assume he's on silly money so should be sold to free up FFP. In terms of signings, we should focus on proven championship talent with the potential to play at a higher level. We need a team that can, first and foremost, challenge at the top of this division. Also, I'd look to keep Fofana. He won't play at City, he's familiar with the club and will continue developing. On top of this, we should be looking to sign a CAM - McCormack HAS to play in his natural position.

dannyboi-ffc

I think hoogland is a good full back going forward but not that brilliant defensively. Don't get me wrong he's the best we have but we can't afford injury prone first teamers next year. He's missed half the season already and the same for Amorebieta
But the Amorebieta one is more does his wage justify what he gives us, plus he's not a natural left back.

Nothing against either because they'd make my team on saturday but I wouldn't keep any injury prone player on the books with us needing to be so careful with ffp

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 04, 2015, 09:24:55 AM

Add in good players where I've put new signings to be brought in and yes I think it's potentially the best in the league. Not too different from the balance Southampton were promoted with.

It all depends on who comes in but some of these kids especially lvc will be the best in this league next year

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

FFC1987

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 04, 2015, 10:34:56 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on February 04, 2015, 09:24:55 AM

Add in good players where I've put new signings to be brought in and yes I think it's potentially the best in the league. Not too different from the balance Southampton were promoted with.

It all depends on who comes in but some of these kids especially lvc will be the best in this league next year

I think we're world's apart from what Saint's had in their squad personally. You might be right but I don't think a squad like that can compete for the top 2 at this level unless the new players are prem standard, which is unlikely.

Apprentice to the Maestro

I would be keeping Stafylidis, Hoogland and Amorebieta.

I don't understand this idea that players who gets an injury necessarily becomes injury prone. If such things are going to be said then you probably have to put Parker in that category and also ask if he can last more than 60 minutes.

Otherwise I am in general agreement.

For me we have two main problems: the midfield struggle to win the ball, hold on to it and do something positive and we need more goal scoring options.

The defence, especially the full backs, looks vulnerable because the cover in front of them looks weak. I would play 4-4-1-1 and ensure the wide players really protect the full backs.

I would be looking to bring in (or develop) someone to support and eventually take over from Parker and a mobile forward who gets in the box on the end of our crosses.

PaulJ123

I'd keep Hoogland if he proves his fitness the end of this season. And stafylidis if we can extend his loan/buy him

Otherwise think we need a real enforcer to play where Parker does and an experienced winger

MJG

Hoogland contract is up in the summer,  his record over last three years is horrendous. We can do better and you can't have sick notes in the championship.

dannyboi-ffc

Like MJG says his record is bad over a long period. Not just for us, we only get players like Diarra and hoogland because better clubs don't want to keep them because of injuries.

He's missed a lot of games now, it's not worth a new deal in my opinion. That doesn't mean I don't think he's a good player,  it's just business.

Stafylidis is a 50/50 at the minute. It depends how he kicks on for the remainder of the season. If he doesn't get any better than his current level then I think a left back who has more knowledge of this league and has been promoted before OR simply a better player is the way to go.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

BishopsParkFantastic

Where is the creative, high quality and experienced CM behind the strikers? Next year, it can't be Kaca,  Roberts, Hyndman and for sure it's not a good idea to waste Ross M's skills as a striker in this role. We have been plugging this gap (left by Danny and Dembele) for too long - until it's plugged we will remain uncompetitive.....

MJG

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 04, 2015, 01:58:18 PM

Where is the creative, high quality and experienced CM behind the strikers? Next year, it can't be Kaca,  Roberts, Hyndman and for sure it's not a good idea to waste Ross M's skills as a striker in this role. We have been plugging this gap (left by Danny and Dembele) for too long - until it's plugged we will remain uncompetitive.....
I would goto four across midfield so no player behind the strikers.
But as I asked yesterday on a thread... Name a Murphy replacement who is out there?

dannyboi-ffc

Why do we need someone behind the strikers? Who one day decided to create a Bryan Ruiz position? In the good old fashioned 442 both centre midfielders are good on the ball with one being more attacking minded than the other to give balance. Setting up chances is a central midfielders job and playing an extra creative player can easily become a burden if all they do is create.
To give a rough idea this is what I would have in mind for next year

Bettinelli
?         Bod                Hutch          ?

?

?                       LVC                 Kaca

McCormack (c)

Goalscorer
Subs
?
Burn
Grimmer/kavanagh
Parker/Tunnicliffe/Hyndman but mainly parker
Williams
Roberts
Woodrow

The question marks are good additions to be brought in, ideally the equivalent of McCormack quality in this league. Yes that means spending a bit but on players who will be investments as well as top signings.

If we do that I believe the squad can hold its own at the top. Top 6 place worst ways, we just lack that leadership and quality experience.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Apprentice to the Maestro

I have real doubts about that formation. Firstly, unless you have a very high quality DM and high quality attacking midfielders and forwards who can hold on to the ball and win it back quickly I don't think one player in front of the back four is enough.

And then I don't think Kacaklicnic (or any other of our attacking wide players) has shown enough defensive qualities yet to earn an immediate place in the team especially in a three across the middle.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 04, 2015, 08:24:02 AM
Bettinelli
Experienced back up keeper
Jorenen (out on loan unless needed)

New left back with a bit more experience
Kavanagh
Hutchinson
Bodurov
Burn
Experienced defender who's happy to be part of a squad with hutch/bod remaining the partnership
New right back again with more experience
Grimmer

Utility player

New holding midfielder to give lvc more freedom
Parker
LVC
Tunnicliffe
Hyndman

Williams
Kaca
Roberts
New winger possibly matt jarvis, someone experienced with quality

McCormack
Woodrow
New goalscorer
Dembele  
Taggart

Players out
Kiraly
Stafylidis
Amorebieta
Hoogland
Zverotic
Voser
David
Eisfeld
Fofana
Chihi
Fazlic
Mitroglou (to help fund quality players with a knowhow to get out of this division)
Ruiz released to free up wages
Hugo to give Woodrow more game time
Smith

The likes of Passley,  Arthurworry and plumain loaned out along with any other U21's who aren't quite good enough yet

It might seem a small squad but quality is better than quality and I saw last night a team with potential. I didn't think the gap between Sunderland and us was that big but they were the better team on the night.  We just need that extra quality in depth.

I don't think hugo is the answer long term, neither is hoogland who will constantly be injured, parker as more of a squad player because next year it needs to be 442 with lvc pushing on. We need someone holding to protect the back 4 and have parker as a very reliable sub. He's getting on a bit now but I love parker so I'd definitely rotate him.

It will be an interesting summer, we aren't going down so it's time to build for next year.

oh and Parker dropped to vice captain with either lvc or McCormack as captain

COYW!

Curious why you'd allow Staphylidis to leave when we have an option on him Danny. He's only 21 and has been able to show good glimpses of what may come. I would imagine that we got a decent transfer fee agreed when we signed him (assumption for sure) and he could well be a good investment for us as he is a full international at such a young age and much of our defensive ills, especially at fullback, can be put to how much pressure is being placed on them by our narrow midfield play which doesn't offer very much protection for a newcomer to the league, not to mention a young, still developing left back.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 04, 2015, 03:16:43 PM
I have real doubts about that formation. Firstly, unless you have a very high quality DM and high quality attacking midfielders and forwards who can hold on to the ball and win it back quickly I don't think one player in front of the back four is enough.

And then I don't think Kacaklicnic (or any other of our attacking wide players) has shown enough defensive qualities yet to earn an immediate place in the team especially in a three across the middle.

This is the trouble, I don't remember all these scenarios before the makelele role was invented and before full backs became more about attacking then defending and needing extra protection.

The standard of talent in this country has become so low that most positions need to be babied by having help from a team mate. My formation is 442 but I out the holding player behind lvc to illustrate he would be more defensive minded.

Add two very good full backs who don't need the protection the naive stafylidis and Grimmer require, add a defensive disciplined midfielder and all of a sudden we will be more defensively sound as a team without losing the goals in the team.

Not all of us will ever agree but I think 442 is our future especially if we want the best from lvc

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 04, 2015, 03:40:46 PM
I would also go 4 4 2. We must identify the backbone of the team and put the meat in the bones, which means that we need Quality signings, but spend wisely, and responsibly, by the way I agree with your players you have retained Danny, I was wondering though would Hoogland and Amorebeita be in your future plans.

No. Not because I don't think they are good because they are but one has a long term history of injuries (hoogland) and the other isn't reliable enough to break up the bod/hutch partnership or worth risking isolating burn further down the chain as both are left sided. Amore I like at left back but since hes a converted left back and i'd imagine on good wages so I think from a business point of view it would be better spent using those wages else where.

Plus I reckon Amore would be happy to leave and find a club back in spain anyway.

right now to answer toodles because I hate ignoring people, Staf is doing well but our option as I know it is only activated if we are promoted. Since that's not going to happen i'd imagine the 1.2 million or whatever it was we agreed initially will be inflated big time especially if he kicks on and does well. Plus the more games he starts for Greece will go in Leverkusen's favour as it will add to his value.

So if he doesn't prove value for money when they negotiate, I think someone more familiar with promotions or the league would be a better idea. Again nothing against him because hes a good little full back but its business

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]