watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tactics moan AGAIN

Started by Ordar, February 07, 2015, 03:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

The diamond DOESN'T work. We don't have the players to play it. Yet we play it every game playing players out of position to incorporate it.

Full back are again always 2 on 1

This is pathetic Kit. Do you not learn? This isn't U21's

PaulJ123

I don't understand how he doesnt see it but everyone else can!

Bettinelli
Grimmer/Richards Hutchinson Bodurov Stafilydis
LVC Tunnicliffe Parker Kacaniklic
Mccormack Rodallega

YankeeJim

Every match without fail..... :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

dannyboi-ffc

He either doesn't have a pair of eyes or he's not as intelligent as I thought he was.

We were right to demand change from magath and at the time kit did so well as caretaker that it seemed wrong to appoint anyone else. I was so caught up with the relief and emotion of getting our Fulham back that I didn't take the time to think 'is kit the long term answer'.

One of his plus points for me was that he knew the kids inside out, I thought he was perfect for their development. But with every week that passes my enthusiasm and faith in him disappears a little every time.

The game was screaming out for roberts, it was wide open but once again he left it far too late to change it giving Pat little time to change things.He then sticks him in the middle of the park suffocated by our diamond with no space. Why not on the wing to take people on and make something happen?

It seems as if Mr nice is too scared at times to make bold changes and he better grow a pair in the coming weeks, as changes need to be made.

Perfect answer at the time and I hope he grows into the long term answer. But up till now he doesn't seem to have learned a thing from his mistakes
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

One Martin Thomas

that about sums my feelings up to Dannyboi !

Mince n Tatties

Has been the downfall of many a manager who cant change tactics and believes
that their system is the answer to it all, in the hope that it will be successfull in the end...
Takes brave managers to change and admit that its not working
like it should.....

grandad

Our fullbacks are defenders 1st but with the diamond they have to play as wide attacking players. This is too much to expect of anyone bar world class players. We do not have a #10 so why do we still play the diamond.
My preference would be a 3-2-3-2

Betts

Hutch               Burn           Bod

Grimmer/Rich/ Hoog                            Staf

LVC                  Parker            Tunni

McCormack     Woody/Hugo/Smith

This formation is easily changeable into any other as the game changes.It gives us wing protection & midfield dominance.
Where there's a will there's a wife

alfie

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 07, 2015, 05:32:43 PM
He either doesn't have a pair of eyes or he's not as intelligent as I thought he was.

We were right to demand change from magath and at the time kit did so well as caretaker that it seemed wrong to appoint anyone else. I was so caught up with the relief and emotion of getting our Fulham back that I didn't take the time to think 'is kit the long term answer'.

One of his plus points for me was that he knew the kids inside out, I thought he was perfect for their development. But with every week that passes my enthusiasm and faith in him disappears a little every time.

The game was screaming out for roberts, it was wide open but once again he left it far too late to change it giving Pat little time to change things.He then sticks him in the middle of the park suffocated by our diamond with no space. Why not on the wing to take people on and make something happen?

It seems as if Mr nice is too scared at times to make bold changes and he better find a pair in the coming weeks, as changes need to be made.

Perfect answer at the time and I hope he grows into the long term answer. But up till now he doesn't seem to have learned a thing from his mistakes

One of his plus points for me was that he knew the kids inside out

there in my opinion is the main problem, all these kids that he had all played against players around the same age/standard as they are, now these same kids are being asked to play up against seasoned pro's, they are willing but their inexperience catches them out all the time, decision making is not quick and in saying not quick why oh why dos Marcus take so long with his goal kicks, it just allows the defenders to get set and there is just no surprise.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: alfie on February 07, 2015, 06:03:33 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 07, 2015, 05:32:43 PM

It seems as if Mr nice is too scared at times to make bold changes and he better find a pair in the coming weeks, as changes need to be made.

One of his plus points for me was that he knew the kids inside out

there in my opinion is the main problem, all these kids that he had all played against players around the same age/standard as they are, now these same kids are being asked to play up against seasoned pro's, they are willing but their inexperience catches them out all the time, decision making is not quick and in saying not quick why oh why dos Marcus take so long with his goal kicks, it just allows the defenders to get set and there is just no surprise.

Correct.....If ever a side needed expierienced players in the Jan window
it was ours...

Max Headroom

I thought we were ok today. Completely different than of late. Gave the ball away cheaply a few too many times, but in the second half at least when we got the ball we broke at pace. No RUIZ to slow us down.

Didn't think tunnicliffe or christensen had the best of games today but I'll forgive them. Fofana is becoming a beast, so better than of late.

Mince n Tatties

Dont rate Tuncliffe, from what Ive seen of him I dont know
what he brings to the side...

Robbie

We should simply play 4-4-2   AND  put Grimmer back in the side, Richards does not have a clue !

f321ffc

Quote from: Max Headroom on February 07, 2015, 06:38:52 PM
I thought we were ok today. Completely different than of late. Gave the ball away cheaply a few too many times, but in the second half at least when we got the ball we broke at pace. No RUIZ to slow us down.

Didn't think tunnicliffe or christensen had the best of games today but I'll forgive them. Fofana is becoming a beast, so better than of late.

Fofana???????????????  i was not at the game today but everything i have heard or seen on here says he is a waste of space as he has benn whenever i have seen him. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

grandad

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 07, 2015, 06:42:55 PM

Tunnicliffe is 10 times the player Fofana is. Thank goodness Tunni is our player & Fofana is not. How some call Fofana a beast I really don´t buy. No ball control, no vision, can´t hit a barn door,can´t pass.
Where there's a will there's a wife

westcliff white

He may slow us down but he rarely gives the ball away. for me when he hasn't played we have not retained the ball long enough and that heaps pressure on the back 4 add that to the diamond formation (which doesn't suit our players at all in my opinion) then we always look like we will concede as the pressure is too much. Away form home it is too much to take for the defence most weeks, we have conceded over 30 goals in away games alone that's shocking
Every day is a Fulham day

Burt

Quote from: f321ffc on February 07, 2015, 06:49:36 PM

Fofana???????????????  i was not at the game today but everything i have heard or seen on here says he is a waste of space as he has benn whenever i have seen him. 049:gif

He played quite well today. Full of movement, ran direct at their defence and caused them problems, and clearly capable of close ball control and getting past players. His big problem today was either a poor final ball, or trying to take on one too many and losing possession. But he is getting progressively better.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: grandad on February 07, 2015, 06:50:23 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 07, 2015, 06:42:55 PM

Tunnicliffe is 10 times the player Fofana is. Thank goodness Tunni is our player & Fofana is not. How some call Fofana a beast I really don´t buy. No ball control, no vision, can´t hit a barn door,can´t pass.

10 times the player that some statement..I must be missing
something. .

Berserker

Yes agree Fofana was alot better today
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Baszab

Fofana was great today...just a bit of slow thinking at the end of his runs lets him down
Tunnicliffe and LVC had poor games - we really missed a dynamic attacking midfielder - - with vision-- someone like RUIZ
Richards = average but Grimmer was being skinned week in and week out so good change by KS

Thought we did well overall

dannyboi-ffc

Fofana was very good today but he is the perfect example of a player without a brain. He does well to beat a man and drive forward at pace, but at some point on that run you need to find that killer pass or have a shot. You cant just expect to dance through the whole team every time.

I think he has more potential than tunnicliffe but at this moment in time I think tunnicliffe could get away with a living in football more if neither improves.

Fofana just needs to have a point to his game, then I think he might be ok
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging