Started by Ordar, February 07, 2015, 03:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

I enjoyed today, the meet up and the match
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Ordar

The formation was totally wrong. Birmingham, who are well known, to have good wide players were allowed so much time. We created practically zero clear cut chances. Full backs were massively exposed as normal. We could easily have been 3-1 down at half time.

The performance was "so good" that our first sub was made after 78mins.

Kit has no idea tactically.

- We constantly start in the wrong formation will basically no offensive or defensive tactics.
- We obviously don't scout opposition teams and gameplan to stop them succeeding.
- The subs are all predetermined. And none take place prior to 15 mins to go.
- we are constantly exposed 2 on 1 at fullback due to the rediculous formation.
- we let 3 players who play the attacking midfielder position leave in January so now we're playing a winger in that position.
- we still hoof the ball to Hugo who can't win a header.
- we still are giving away 15+ corners a game.
- we are still creating NOTHING
- we still lose possession from every throw in

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Berserker on February 07, 2015, 07:13:46 PM

I enjoyed the meet up more than the match but it was a good day overall. Be nice to do something like that 2 or 3 times a season
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MasterHaynes

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 07, 2015, 07:21:57 PM
Quote from: Berserker on February 07, 2015, 07:13:46 PM

I enjoyed the meet up more than the match but it was a good day overall. Be nice to do something like that 2 or 3 times a season
:plus one:
The meet up and the first 5 minutes made it worth the trip up. The rest was forgettable, just thankful their No 9 couldn't hit a barn door today or this board would be in melt down now.

PaulJ123

We need pace on the wings, we don't have the players for this stupid formation we play. So frustrating

Max Headroom

Quote from: f321ffc on February 07, 2015, 06:49:36 PM
Quote from: Max Headroom on February 07, 2015, 06:38:52 PM
I thought we were ok today. Completely different than of late. Gave the ball away cheaply a few too many times, but in the second half at least when we got the ball we broke at pace. No RUIZ to slow us down.

Didn't think tunnicliffe or christensen had the best of games today but I'll forgive them. Fofana is becoming a beast, so better than of late.

Fofana???????????????  i was not at the game today but everything i have heard or seen on here says he is a waste of space as he has benn whenever i have seen him. 049:gif

Well if you weren't at the game I guess that makes you an expert. The first few games I saw fofana I really wasn't impressed. Dreadful first toch and second or third not much better. But like all young players (he is 19) give him a few games to adapt and he improves. He got a bit wasteful when he got forward, a few too many step overs, but Mark my works he is going to be one hell of a player and you will be proud that we helped in his development.

He has a good attitude works hard, and is growing on me

domprague

:plus one:

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 07, 2015, 05:32:43 PM
He either doesn't have a pair of eyes or he's not as intelligent as I thought he was.

We were right to demand change from magath and at the time kit did so well as caretaker that it seemed wrong to appoint anyone else. I was so caught up with the relief and emotion of getting our Fulham back that I didn't take the time to think 'is kit the long term answer'.

One of his plus points for me was that he knew the kids inside out, I thought he was perfect for their development. But with every week that passes my enthusiasm and faith in him disappears a little every time.

The game was screaming out for roberts, it was wide open but once again he left it far too late to change it giving Pat little time to change things.He then sticks him in the middle of the park suffocated by our diamond with no space. Why not on the wing to take people on and make something happen?

It seems as if Mr nice is too scared at times to make bold changes and he better find a pair in the coming weeks, as changes need to be made.

Perfect answer at the time and I hope he grows into the long term answer. But up till now he doesn't seem to have learned a thing from his mistakes
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

domprague

Fofana worked his socks off and he's a real talent. If some of the other players had supported him he might have been able to pass.
Kaca seems a bit more solid, he could bounce through some tackles.
Did we not realise that their winger could swing the ball in? Marcus seemed totally surprised.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Baszab

Screaming out for Roberts ??!! He touched it twice I think - totally ineffective at this level - loan him out like Barkley and get him back in 2 years

Bill2

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 07, 2015, 06:42:55 PM
Dont rate Tuncliffe, from what Ive seen of him I dont know
what he brings to the side...
Had a much better game today than on Tuesday, still not a good player but put a good shift in with some mistakes.

Bill2

Quote from: f321ffc on February 07, 2015, 06:49:36 PM
Quote from: Max Headroom on February 07, 2015, 06:38:52 PM
I thought we were ok today. Completely different than of late. Gave the ball away cheaply a few too many times, but in the second half at least when we got the ball we broke at pace. No RUIZ to slow us down.

Didn't think tunnicliffe or christensen had the best of games today but I'll forgive them. Fofana is becoming a beast, so better than of late.

Fofana???????????????  i was not at the game today but everything i have heard or seen on here says he is a waste of space as he has benn whenever i have seen him. 049:gif
In the second half started running at Birmingham and caused a few problems, his final touch or finish needs to improve but that may be about the rest of the team can't keep up with himand often has to carry on his run. Not the finished product but one for the future.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Baszab on February 07, 2015, 10:03:13 PM
Screaming out for Roberts ??!! He touched it twice I think - totally ineffective at this level - loan him out like Barkley and get him back in 2 years

If you suffocate him in the middle with everyone on top of him and then decide to play long balls over his head then yes he's ineffective.  But on the wing would've been perfect. The game was stretched, lots of space on the wings but maybe it's just me.

A loan is certainly a better idea than him sitting on the bench or being used for a pointless 10 minutes every now and then
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Barrett487

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 07, 2015, 10:19:13 PM
Quote from: Baszab on February 07, 2015, 10:03:13 PM

If you suffocate him in the middle with everyone on top of him and then decide to play long balls over his head then yes he's ineffective.  But on the wing would've been perfect. The game was stretched, lots of space on the wings but maybe it's just me.

A loan is certainly a better idea than him sitting on the bench or being used for a pointless 10 minutes every now and then

Agree with you both, it needed Roberts and he hardly touched it. I said pre-match i'd like to see him at the tip of the dreaded diamond, but not if he wasn't to be used effectively. Pat and Mac feeding off Hugo and making runs and creating.... great... but no, he was dragged wide looking for the ball and then wasn't around when we lost possession. So he needs some nounce to go with his skill, so loan him.

Kaca worries me, he ain't that great. He made some good runs but didn't pick anyone out from his crosses. His central role resulted in him falling over at the slightest touch, or just overplaying it... and then appealing. How can he be getting international caps?

Kaca and Pat need to man/beef up. Loan Pat to a League one club and that may happen. Kaca... not so sure.

i'd like to know what Fofana practices in training, cos it isn't the final ball. He does some great work and shows great energy, and also skillful moments, but as soon as he gets near the opposition's penalty area he turns into Carlton Palmer (nothing to do with his ethnicity).

Having said all this, we all see things differently....

ScalleysDad

The train amassed a whole hour of lateness so I have just got back. I am not sure what I am more miffed about. Trains. Inability to find space on the pitch, inability to build up a passage of play, inability to shoot, inability to defend without giving away a corner, inability to put a consistent cross into the opposition box, inability to get people in the box to do something with the inconsistent crossing, inability to pass it ten yards although Birmingham can be quite good at that as well or the inability to get that 50/50 ball. Actually 'or' plus one, inability to command the penalty area be it the keeper of the centre backs. Okay I totally get the "its the kids and they are learning" and "but for kit we would in the conference already" stuff but it had better be a busy day at the training ground tomorrow as we looked very average and have a lot of well above average teams coming up. I would give Bod the day off though. Its a shame we rarely get all ten outfield players on their game at the same time and he was let down a bit by those in front of him but I thought he was rock solid even on one leg for a while.
Key moment of the game, the early goal was somewhat masked by being under the cosh for the rest of the half, was Tunnicliffe and No.44 looking bewildered when Roberts came on. I wonder if they also felt the midfield was crowded enough already and Roberts should have gone out wide to scare the hell out of their very comfortable back line.

After all that trains still edge it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anybody mentioned we needed more players in January yet?

Barrett487

Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 07, 2015, 11:44:08 PM
The train amassed a whole hour of lateness so I have just got back. I am not sure what I am more miffed about. Trains. Inability to find space on the pitch, inability to build up a passage of play, inability to shoot, inability to defend without giving away a corner, inability to put a consistent cross into the opposition box, inability to get people in the box to do something with the inconsistent crossing, inability to pass it ten yards although Birmingham can be quite good at that as well or the inability to get that 50/50 ball. Actually 'or' plus one, inability to command the penalty area be it the keeper of the centre backs. Okay I totally get the "its the kids and they are learning" and "but for kit we would in the conference already" stuff but it had better be a busy day at the training ground tomorrow as we looked very average and have a lot of well above average teams coming up. I would give Bod the day off though. Its a shame we rarely get all ten outfield players on their game at the same time and he was let down a bit by those in front of him but I thought he was rock solid even on one leg for a while.
Key moment of the game, the early goal was somewhat masked by being under the cosh for the rest of the half, was Tunnicliffe and No.44 looking bewildered when Roberts came on. I wonder if they also felt the midfield was crowded enough already and Roberts should have gone out wide to scare the hell out of their very comfortable back line.

After all that trains still edge it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anybody mentioned we needed more players in January yet?

Just as long as you're happy.... do you feel better for that?   :005:

Berserker

A good rant does you good I find
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Barrett487

Quote from: Berserker on February 07, 2015, 11:53:03 PM
A good rant does you good I find

I reckon he's gone for a lie down.....

ScalleysDad

AND ANOTHER THING ..........................

the numbers on the big board need to be bigger or not so blurred.

Barrett487

Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 08, 2015, 12:07:30 AM
AND ANOTHER THING ..........................

the numbers on the big board need to be bigger or not so blurred.

did the voices tell you that?

ScalleysDad

You hear them too! Phew I thought I was losing it. I think they come from the spaces behind us.