watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Betinelli well done

Started by Andy S, February 09, 2015, 09:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Not much has been said about Marcus Betinelli this week but I thought his contribution was excellent on Saturday. you could have expected him to have been a little nervous collecting his first cross but he took it cleanly and after that it was normal service.
So how much is Marcus likely to be worth in the transfer market now? in other words how much would it cost to replace him with a like for like keeper

Lighthouse

Their goal was a poor one to give away. But most goals are. Betts has been one of the few highlights this season. So long may he continue.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cmg

I had a look at Transfermarkt, which is pretty good on facts but not so hot on guesses.

They say we got £1.1m for Stockdale, who is now worth £1.3m.
They put Bettinelli's value at £132K which is obviously ludicrous (10 Betts for 1 Stockers!). At seven years younger he'd have to be worth a good deal more than Stockdale now.

domprague

I thought he showed plenty of character to play so well after the howler against Sunderland. I think their goal showed our inexperienced defence up - he'd already nearly scored from a corner that he swung in so it seemed worth assuming that he'd try the same trick again and have someone on the line to protect against it.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 09, 2015, 10:01:31 AM
Their goal was a poor one to give away. But most goals are. Betts has been one of the few highlights this season. So long may he continue.

It looked bad from where I was sitting but on the highlights it appeared to loop over Bettinelli, too high for him to reach, and go in the top far corner, again to high for the defender on the line.

I am not sure that much could have been done about it except have another person in the wall. The shot seemed perfectly placed.

TheManOnTheBus

Cottage Talk thought it was the wind which took it in.  At the time, I thought it a poor goal.  Suppose it still is.  You should deal with the wind as a goalie.

But generally he has done and did do well on Saturday.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 09, 2015, 10:01:31 AM

I thought there goal was class tbh.
Top corner.
Awesome.

Work rate, Delivery, by far their best player imo.

Betts did some good work tho. He's class and we need to keep him.
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

PaulJ123

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on February 09, 2015, 12:17:25 PM
Cottage Talk thought it was the wind which took it in.  At the time, I thought it a poor goal.  Suppose it still is.  You should deal with the wind as a goalie.

But generally he has done and did do well on Saturday.

It did look like the wind caught it, but they're tricky for GKs. If he was stuck on his line, and a Birmingham player headed it in, we could criticise there and vice versa for this sort of goal that floated over his head and in.
He probably could have saved it but I wouldn't say it was a mistake and he was very good again on Saturday. Which he needed to be with some of our defending at times. Thank god Donaldson isn't a very good finisher

nose

the goal was a weston!
Either the goalkepper's positoning was wrong OR and what i believe, staff should have been on the post and he wasn't
we didn't seem to have players on the posts for any free kicks or corners and that is a gamble kit is taking.... he is wrong but I understand why he doing it.
if staff would have been on the post they would not have scored and in fact i suspect the player wouldn't have attempted the shot.

it was not the wind, he knew what he was doing and we had already seen the quality of his deliveries!

domprague

:plus one:
Quote from: nose on February 09, 2015, 03:42:24 PM
the goal was a weston!
Either the goalkepper's positoning was wrong OR and what i believe, staff should have been on the post and he wasn't
we didn't seem to have players on the posts for any free kicks or corners and that is a gamble kit is taking.... he is wrong but I understand why he doing it.
if staff would have been on the post they would not have scored and in fact i suspect the player wouldn't have attempted the shot.

it was not the wind, he knew what he was doing and we had already seen the quality of his deliveries!
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.