https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Does an academy pay for itself?

Started by Andy S, February 09, 2015, 11:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on February 10, 2015, 05:21:04 PM
Clubs must have different names for 'development centres' then

I've always said if you've got to pay, forget it, or just treat it as extra training.

At Fulham , pre academy is u7 and u8s

We also have development centres where you don't pay.

There's also the community departments training where you do pay and although not part of the academy, we do work closely with them and they will recommend any boys who they think are good.

My boy went for a trial at Aldershot a few years ago, got into their academy  where you don't have to pay but said we had to start off in their development squad where it was £600 and you had to go buy your own kit from a designated shot.
I saw through it as a rip off and he didn't go.

Bateman, how many kids have you seen in our academy?

We have a lot of very talented kids at all ages, that dosnt mean by the time they are21/22 that they will be world beaters though

The amount that have come through theAcademy into the first team these last couple of years is second to none

It must be the smaller teams (aldershot, Stevenage, Luton, MK etc) that charge then.
I'm sure my GK doesn't pay to train with Spurs shadow squad but I know a couple pay for Cambridge and one at Luton (although I think he's close to signing academy forms)