more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (10/02/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 09, 2015, 09:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Sheffield Wednesday fan banned from matches for three years

A Sheffield Wednesday fan who hurled a tangerine at Fulham supporters during a game has been banned from attending football games for three years.

Mark Ablett, aged 29, threw the piece of fruit at rival fans when his team lost 4-0 to Fulham at Craven Cottage.

Ablett was removed from the ground by stewards after the incident on December 20 was captured on CCTV cameras.

He told them: "I may have been stupid and thrown a tangerine or whatever."

The finance officer, who works for a local government funded charitable organisation which trains school leavers in 'employability skills', was handed a three year Football Banning Order, fined £250 and ordered to pay £85 costs after admitting throwing a missile under the Football Offences Act.

Prosecutor Malachy Packenham said Ablett could not give a proper reason for throwing the tangerine into the 4,689 capacity Riverside Stand.

Mr Packenham told Hammersmith Magistrates' Court: "The home team Fulham were playing Sheffield Wednesday at Craven Cottage when Ablett was seen to throw this item at the Fulham fans.

"He was identified by stewards and ejected from the stadium for the offence, which was captured on CCTV.

"Fulham say it clearly shows he threw the fruit at their fans and when ejected by security staff said 'I may have been stupid and thrown a tangerine or whatever'.

"Otherwise, he could not give reasons for what he did."

Jyothi Somavarapu, representing Ablett, called for him to be given a conditional discharge, calling the Football Banning Order 'unreasonable'.

She said: 'My client's explanation was it was silly behaviour and he threw a tangerine, which he said landed on the pitch.

"His only explanation is that the game was not going that well and that's the only reason he can think of.

"He says it was a silly thing to do and he would not do again - otherwise he is a sensible person and is remorseful for what he did.

"He is somebody who actually gives a lot to the community in his organisation's projects and all he needs is a warning to him not to get into trouble again."

But Deputy District Judge Kate Tulk said she had no other option but to ban Ablett from matches fort three years.

Sentencing him, she said: "You said this was a silly thing but I do not take that view - it had incredibly serious consequences.

"If that fruit had landed amongst opposing fans it had potential for them to respond badly and react and a whole load of consequences could have occurred.

"The throwing of a missile is a very serious offence."

Ablett, of King Street, Clowne, Chesterfield, has no previous convictions.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/sheffield-wednesday-fan-banned-from-matches-for-three-years-1-7096724

WhiteJC

Bolton miss nine for Fulham clash

Bolton will be without nine first-team players for Fulham's visit to the Macron Stadium.

Liam Trotter (thigh) and David Wheater (dead leg) are the latest two casualties after the duo came off at half-time in Saturday's 4-1 defeat at Derby.

Boss Neil Lennon does not expect any of his other injured players back so Adam Bogdan (ankle), Emile Heskey (hamstring), Matt Mills (knee), Max Clayton (ankle), Mark Davies (knee), Craig Davies (hamstring) and Darren Pratley (hamstring) all remain sidelined.

Neil Danns is back from suspension, though, while Wanderers are hopeful new loan signing Saidy Janko will be registered in time.

Fulham will monitor the fitness of skipper Scott Parker.

The former England midfielder missed Saturday's 1-1 draw against Birmingham through illness, with Ross McCormack wearing the captain's armband in his absence.

The Cottagers' injury problems are easing, however, after Fernando Amorebieta (knee) and Tim Hoogland (hernia) made their comebacks for the club's Under-21 side on Friday.

Fellow defender Sean Kavanagh is also back in training after a month out with a knee injury.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/english-league-championship/match/395217/bolton-wanderers-fulham/preview?

WhiteJC

Hugo Not Happy

Hugo Rodallega may have played a key role in Fulham's draw with Birmingham City on Saturday, but the striker wasn't happy that the Whites only earned one point rather than three.

He took just five minutes to opening the scoring at Craven Cottage, but Blues responded quickly through David Cotterill.

Both teams pushed hard for a winner, with Rodallega going as close as anyone, but in the end the points were shared, much to the 29-year-old's annoyance.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com, he stated: "I'm not happy because I think this was a game to win three points for us, and I'm a little bit frustrated that we didn't.

"We played really well and we created good chances, but we didn't score enough. This is a little bit worrying for the attacking players but we worked hard which is a positive. We played really well, we kept the ball and passed it well."

Rodallega's early strike against City demonstrated all the attributes of a top striker as his off-the-ball movement allowed him to find space in the area, and he showed plenty of composure to hit a first-time shot inside the near post following Lasse Vigen Christensen's clever pass.

It was Rodallega's second goal of the week following his poacher's finish against Sunderland in the FA Cup, and he's understandably pleased to be back on the goal trail.

"I'm happy because I scored," he admitted. "I'm always happy when I score but I'm not happy about the point because we've only taken one from the last two games and that's not really good for us.

"It's really important for me to score in two games. I have to carry on with that thinking and that motivation – it's important for me, it's important for my confidence. I feel really good at the moment, physically, mentally, and I have to keep going like that."

Fulham could well have snatched the win in the second half had one of their two seemingly reasonable penalty claims been given.

Ross McCormack was barged to the ground in the box on 75 minutes, and Alexander Kačaniklić saw a cross handled in stoppage time, and it's the latter incident which Rodallega was upset to not see given.

"Definitely it's a penalty," he said. "I don't want to say anything about the referee but everyone could see that it's a penalty. We talked about that with some of the Birmingham players after the game and they said, 'yeah, it was definitely handball but I don't know if it's a penalty.' But it's the referee's decision so we have to accept it and there's nothing more to say about it."

The Whites are back in action promptly in the Sky Bet Championship as they head to Bolton Wanderers' Macron Stadium on Tuesday night (8pm).

Like Birmingham, the Trotters have enjoyed an upsurge in form since appointing a new manager, and Rodallega is anticipating a much sterner test than when Fulham won 4-0 at Craven Cottage earlier in the season.

"It's a really important game for us," he said. "It's a good game because Bolton have a really good team but we have to think about our work. We're preparing hard for the game and on Tuesday we have to win three points."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/february/09/hugo-not-happy?

WhiteJC

Bolton v Fulham preview

Bolton will be without nine first-team players for Fulham's visit to the Macron Stadium.

Liam Trotter (thigh) and David Wheater (dead leg) are the latest two casualties after the duo came off at half-time in Saturday's 4-1 defeat at Derby.

Boss Neil Lennon does not expect any of his other injured players back so Adam Bogdan (ankle), Emile Heskey (hamstring), Matt Mills (knee), Max Clayton (ankle), Mark Davies (knee), Craig Davies (hamstring) and Darren Pratley (hamstring) all remain sidelined.

Neil Danns is back from suspension, though, while Wanderers are hopeful new loan signing Saidy Janko will be registered in time.

Fulham will monitor the fitness of skipper Scott Parker.

The former England midfielder missed Saturday's 1-1 draw against Birmingham through illness, with Ross McCormack wearing the captain's armband in his absence.

The Cottagers' injury problems are easing, however, after Fernando Amorebieta (knee) and Tim Hoogland (hernia) made their comebacks for the club's Under-21 side on Friday.

Fellow defender Sean Kavanagh is also back in training after a month out with a knee injury.

http://www.teamtalk.com/match/preview/978/9707208/-?

WhiteJC

Sutton to Referee Bolton v Fulham

Gary Sutton will referee Tuesday's Championship fixture between Bolton and Fulham at Macron Stadium.

Wanderers go into the game on the back of a 4-1 defeat at Derby County on Saturday, while their visitors were held to a 1-1 draw by Birmingham City at Craven Cottage.

Sutton, who will take charge of the game, has officiated 22 matches so far this season - issuing 62 yellow cards and three red.

His last outing was on February 7, when he was the man in the middle for Swindon Town's 2-0 victory over Barnsley in League One. The Lincolnshire official produced one yellow card in that game, to Town midfielder Yaser Kasim.

Sutton's last match in charge of Bolton was in December 2014, when they were held to a goalless draw by Ipswich Town. Five bookings were made that afternoon, with Wanderers' Tim Ream and Eidur Gudjohnsen among the recipients.

He has never previously refereed a Fulham fixture.

Below is the full set of officials for Tuesday's game between Bolton and Fulham:

Referee: Gary Sutton
Assistant Referees: Christopher Akers, Jonathan Hunt
Fourth Official: Andrew Madley

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2015/02/09/sutton-to-referee-bolton-v-fulham.html

WhiteJC

Hull boss Steve Bruce: I'm not going to Fulham

Premier League manager Bruce has ridiculed reports linking him with a summer move to Fulham.

Bruce has grown used to hints of his impending departure from the KC Stadium having been strongly tipped to succeed Alan Pardew at Newcastle earlier this season.

And just last week Bruce was fielding questions about his future in charge of the Tigers after a 3-0 home loss to Newcastle dumped them in the relegation zone.

With his mind firmly on Tuesday night's crucial home clash with Aston Villa, Bruce is determined to give short shrift to the latest suggestions and said they were disrespectful to current Cottagers boss Kit Symons.

Bruce said: "I was getting the sack the day before, and then Fulhamwant me.

"Unfortunately with the media today I can't do anything about it. The biggest problem I've got with the whole thing is they've got a manager in situ at Fulham and I've got huge respect for Kit who is new to the job.

"I can't comment on it because if I comment on it it just fuels it even more, and as far as I'm concerned it's rubbish journalism."

Saturday's 1-1 draw at Manchester City has provided a timely confidence boost to the Tigers camp and Bruce knows the next month could shape the club's top-flight future.

Games against QPR, Stoke and Sunderland follow Villa and the Hull boss has demanded his players replicate their form against the big clubs in these crucial relegation scraps.

"This cluster of games we have coming up are going to be crucial to us," added Bruce. "We've got to show the resilience and attitude we had at Liverpool and Arsenal and Manchester City.

"That's where we were very good last year - we beat the teams around us and unfortunately this season we haven't done that, and we have to address it over the next few weeks."

Bruce could call both new boy Dame N'Doye and fellow striker Nikica Jelavic to his starting line-up for the visit of shot-shy Villa after both started on the bench against City.

Jelavic is still struggling to shake off a long-term knee injury and Bruce is keen to protect his Croatian striker who he believes could make a big difference in the end-of-season run-in.

Bruce said: "Only Jelavic would have come back playing within five weeks and arguably his attitude in trying to play has set him back a bit.

"We've got to make sure he's 100 per cent fit and healthy and that's the reason I left him out on Saturday because two games in two days is too big an ask for him.

"We've got to get his knee better but he trained very well and he is uppermost in my mind. A fit and healthy Jelavic is going to be crucial in the weeks ahead."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/hull-boss-steve-bruce-im-not-going-to-fulham-30976987.html

WhiteJC

Bolton v Fulham

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Venue: Macron Stadium Date: Tuesday 10 February Kick-off: 20:00 GMT
Coverage: Watch highlights on The Football League Show; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

TEAM NEWS

Bolton will be without nine first-team players including Liam Trotter (thigh) and David Wheater (dead leg).

Adam Bogdan (ankle), Emile Heskey (hamstring), Matt Mills (knee), Max Clayton (ankle), and Mark Davies (knee), all remain sidelined.

Fulham captain Scott Parker missed Saturday's 1-1 draw against Birmingham through illness and will be monitored.

Defenders Fernando Amorebieta (knee) and Tim Hoogland (hernia) are both available and could feature.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-Head
•   Fulham won the earlier meeting this season 4-0 at Craven Cottage in October.
•   Fulham have won the last four meetings, scoring 12 goals and conceding none. Bolton's last win was 1-0 at Craven Cottage in the FA Cup in February 2011.
•   Fulham are unbeaten in the last five meetings at the Macron Stadium, winning two. Bolton's last win at home was 2-1 in the Premier League in February 2007.

Bolton
•   Bolton have not won any of their last five games in all competitions, losing three. Their last win was 2-1 at Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship on 17 January.
•   Bolton are unbeaten in their last eight home games in the Championship, winning five. Their last league defeat at the Macron Stadium was 2-1 against Bournemouth on 4 October.

Fulham
•   Fulham have not won any of their last four games in all competitions, losing two. Their last win was 3-2 against Nottingham Forest at home in the Championship on 21 January.
•   Fulham have lost their last three away games in the Championship. Their last league win on the road was 1-0 at Leeds on 13 December.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31105894

WhiteJC

Fulham striker warns team-mates ahead of Bolton trip

Rodallega knows Cottagers won't face same side they beat earlier this season

Hugo Rodallega knows Bolton are not the same team that were beaten 4-0 by Fulham earlier this season.

The Cottagers cruised to victory over an insipid Trotters side in September and the Lancashire club sacked manager Dougie Freedman with the club in 23 place, two points and a place below the Cottagers in the aftermath.

Neil Lennon took over and overseen a rise up the table and Bolton sit in 17 spot, a point and a place below Kit Symons' side but will be looking to bounce back from a 4-1 defeat at Derby on Saturday.

And Rodallega, who is out of contract in the summer , knows the Trotters should not be taken lightly when they travel to the Macron Stadium tomorrow.

He said: "It's a good game because Bolton have a really good team but we have to think about our work. We're preparing hard for the game and on Tuesday we have to win three points."

The Colombian took his goal tally to 11 for the season after his fifth minute opener against Birmingham but cut a frustrated figure as Fulham extended their winless run to four games and are 15 points adrift of the play-offs after the Blues came back to level .

He admitted: "I'm always happy when I score but I'm not happy about the point because we've only taken one from the last two games and that's not really good for us.

"It's really important for me to score in two games. I have to carry on with that thinking and that motivation – it's important for me, it's important for my confidence. I feel really good at the moment, physically, mentally, and I have to keep going like that."

Elsewhere, Hull boss Steve Bruce has ridiculed speculation tipping him to replace Kit Symons at Fulham in the summer.

Bruce said: "I was getting the sack the day before, and then Fulham want me.

"Unfortunately with the media today I can't do anything about it. The biggest problem I've got with the whole thing is they've got a manager in situ at Fulham and I've got huge respect for Kit who is new to the job.

"I can't comment on it because if I comment on it it just fuels it even more, and as far as I'm concerned it's rubbish journalism."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-striker-warns-team-mates-ahead-8609051?

WhiteJC

Under-20 Glory For Casasola

Tiago Casasola played the full 90 minutes as Argentina Under-20s were crowned champions of the 2015 South American Youth Football Championship following a 2-1 win over Uruguay on Saturday.

Argentina needed just a draw against the host nation to secure the title, but they got off to a poor start and were 1-0 down with seven minutes played when Gaston Pereiro poked home from close range.

But they drew level on 35 minutes, with Casasola playing a big part in the goal as he got a head to Angel Correa's cross to set up Sebastian Driussi who lashed the ball in from 17 yards out.

And it was Correa who won the match for his side with 10 minutes remaining when he showed some good skill before coolly sliding the ball in.

The win means Argentina finished top of the final stage group by four points, securing their place at the 2015 World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games in the process.

Argentina's Giovanni Simeone also claimed the tournament's golden boot with nine goals. The last person to score more than that in the competition was a certain Hugo Rodallega in 2005, whose 11 goals fired Colombia to glory.

Photo courtesy of Tiago Casasola's Instagram account.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/february/09/glory-for-casasola?

WhiteJC

Keogh promises Rams raid

A look ahead to the midweek fixtures in the Sky Bet Championship.

Derby captain Richard Keogh admits he cannot wait for their top-of-the-table clash at Bournemouth on Tuesday.

The Rams head to the south coast level on points with Eddie Howe's surprise Sky Bet Championship leaders with only goal difference separating them after both sides ran out winners in Saturday's round of fixtures.

Bournemouth won at Wigan for the first time since 1987 while Tom Ince's first league goals in a year inspired Derby to an emphatic 4-1 win over Bolton to set up a mouth-watering meeting at a sold-out Dean Court.

"It's a big game, first versus second, and we are really looking forward to it," he told the Derby Telegraph. "What a game to be involved in, what a game to go there and enjoy. We are in good form, we are confident.

"We know it is going to be a really tough game because Bournemouth play great football as well. Eddie Howe has done a brilliant job there."

Third-placed Middlesbrough head to rock-bottom Blackpool knowing victory, coupled with a draw at Bournemouth, will send them top of the division.

Boro, set to be backed by over 1,200 fans, can call on Daniel Ayala again following suspension but Ryan Fredericks will be assessed after suffering a knock in their win against Charlton.

The Tangerines lost Ishmael Miller on deadline day and he could make his first Huddersfield start against Wolves.

Cardiff and Charlton have been stuttering in recent months and will look to get back to winning ways with home clashes against Brighton and Norwich respectively.

Fans of both sides have begun to look over their shoulders in recent weeks and they will hope Birmingham have enough to see off 22nd-placed Millwall at St Andrews.

Two sets of supporters who have had plenty more to smile about meet at Griffin Park where Brentford, fresh from their away win at Leeds, host a Watford side just two points behind them in the table.

Having ended a run of four away games without a victory on Saturday Reading will be looking for three points on home soil against Leeds while Ipswich will look to close the gap on the top three at home to Sheffield Wednesday.

The Tractor Boys were beaten by Rotherham on Saturday and the Millers have climbed six points clear of the drop zone ahead of their trip to Blackburn.

Neil Lennon will try to patch together a Bolton side to tackle Fulham. The former Celtic boss is without nine first-team players including Liam Trotter, David Wheater, Adam Bogdan and Emile Heskey.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/324/9707577/-?

WhiteJC

Rowett's View: Fulham (a)

Gary Rowett thought that Blues coluld, and should have taken maximum points from the away game at Fulham.

Blues created enough good goalscoring opportunities to have led 5-1 at half time but left Craven Cottage with just a single away point.

"The first half we started a bit slow and conceded the goal which obviously we are disappointed with," the Blues boss said after the 1-1 draw.

"But we showed brilliant character to get back in the game with a great piece of quality from David Cotterill which he does so often.

"I think from there on in we were by far the better team. We counter-attacked with real verve and pace and quality and I think we had five clear chances, really really good chances, the best chances of the game and we really should have scored.

"You are always going to get one or two nervy moments as they have players like Ross McCormack and Hugo Rodallega who have individual excellence.

"But we created chances, Clayton (Donaldson) has chested one down when he should have scored.

"He had a free header in the box, Lloyd Dyer came in and had a decent shot and we had two or three other excellent opportunities.

"As an attacking force that is as well as we have played."

http://www.birminghamcity-mad.co.uk/feat/edza/rowetts_view_fulham_a_853865/index.shtml?

WhiteJC

Fulham - A Ruiz Update

Ahead of the transfer window closure, it was thought that the move that would see Bryan Ruiz move to Levante was done and dusted.

But apparently it wasn`t.

It seems that FIFA are claiming that Fulham missed the cut-off point to seal the deal and the 29 year-old Costa Rican is still on the playing staff at Craven Cottage.

Ruiz, naturally, is a little miffed at the situation and is set to launch an appeal, the outcome of which we await.

Talking about the situation, Kit Symons has remarked to the media,

"Bryan is frustrated as he wants this move. But if it doesn`t happen I`ve still got a good player."

We can only wait to see in which direction this one swings.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=388017#ixzz3RHksd8te

WhiteJC

Win A Diamond Ring

Be in with a chance of winning this Black Diamond Ring engraved with the Fulham FC crest, just in time for Valentine's Day!

With any order from the Fulham online store between the 9th February and the romantic day itself on 14th February, you will be entered into the competition for your chance to win the Black Diamond Ring.

The perfect gift for her, for him or even for yourself, the stunning ring worth £130 contains seven round black diamonds set in 2.76 grams of Sterling silver.

View the complete range from the Fulham Forever collection together with The Diamond Studio HERE.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/february/09/win-a-diamond-ring?

WhiteJC

Bolton Wanderers vs Fulham - Match Preview

Mike Hewitt/Getty Images
Neil Lennon's Bolton Wanderers side face a quick turnaround this week as they are set to welcome Fulham to the Macron Stadium on Tuesday night. After their 0-0 draw at Anfield the Wanderers have failed to win any of their last 3 SkyBet Championships games.

Fulham Overview

Since dropping out of the Premier League last season, Fulham have struggled to adapt to life in the second tier of English football and subsequently find themselves sat in a similar positional to Bolton in the table. Fulham's relegation provoked a huge re-shuffle at the club which saw their former stars such as, Brede Hangeland, John Heitinga and Steve Sidwell all depart Craven Cottage.

They were early promotion favourites after spending big on Ross McCormack from Leeds at the start of the season. Fulham splashed out an almighty £11m for the Scotsman, which made him the most expensive player ever in Championship history! After a poor run of results and a funny tale about Magath recommending Hangeland to treat his thigh injury with a block of cheese soaked in alcohol the German lost his job. Having taken just one point from their first seven games in the new campaign the former Bayern Munich manager was replaced by Kit Symons.

Symons has successfully guided Fulham off the foot of the championship, however similarly to the Wanderers, they have undergone the same fall from grace after famously making the Europa League final in 2010. After their 1.1 draw at the weekend at home to newly rejuvenated Birmingham City the Thames based club are 16th in the championship, just one place above the Trotters.

Head to head

The two teams last met in October, which proved to be Dougie Freedman's last in charge of Bolton Wanderers. His side were thrashed 4.0 at Craven Cottage with the goals coming from Rodallega, Amorebieta, Christensen and Hoogland.

When it comes to head to head the visitors have the upper hand. Fulham have won the last four meetings between the two sides, scoring 12 goals and conceding none. Fulham are unbeaten in the last five meetings at the Macron Stadium, winning two. Bolton's last win at home was 2-1 in the Premier League in February 2007 where goals from Gary Speed and Kevin Nolan helped Bolton's Champions League push.

Bolton have not won any of their last five games in all competitions, losing three. Their last win was 2-1 away at Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship on 17 January so this has turned into a 'must win' game to revitalise the club's season. If Neil Lennon's men are hoping to finish the season at the right end of the table then they will be hoping to continue their impressive form at home. Bolton are unbeaten in their last eight home games in the Championship, winning five. Their last league defeat at the Macron Stadium was 2-1 against Bournemouth on 4 October which was before Neil Lennon took the job.

A more positive stat is that Fulham have lost their last three away games in the Championship, a very good omen for the Wanderers. Despite this the first team squad has been plagued with injuries, and up to 9 first team players may miss the game.

Team News

Liam Trotter (thigh) and David Wheater (dead leg) are the latest two casualties after the duo limped off at half-time in Saturday's 4-1 defeat away at Derby.

Neil Lennon does not expect any of his other injured players to return so Adam Bogdan (ankle), Emile Heskey (hamstring), Matt Mills (knee), Max Clayton (ankle), Mark Davies (knee), Craig Davies (hamstring) and Darren Pratley (hamstring) all remain sidelined for the foreseeable future.

The Cottagers' injury problems are easing, however, Fernando Amorebieta (knee) and Tim Hoogland (hernia) are not expected to feature after only making their comebacks for the club's Under-21 side on Friday. Fellow defender Sean Kavanagh is also back in training after a month out with a knee injury although he is not back to full fitness.

After missing out on Saturday's draw against Birmingham City former England midfielder and current Fulham captain Scott Parker is a doubt, however his fitness and progression will be closely monitored.

Neil Danns is now eligible for selection after serving his one-game ban after he was sent off in Bolton's FA Cup Fourth Round Replay defeat against Liverpool at the Macron Stadium.

It is expected that new signing Saidy Janko will be named in the match day squad after there was a slight delay with his paperwork. Whites boss Neil Lennon confirmed that a paperwork error by United late on transfer deadline day had left the Swiss youth international ineligible for Saturday's defeat at Pride Park. Despite no official confirmation, we would expect to see Janko included in the squad.

http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2015/2/9/8006603/bolton-wanderers-vs-fulham-match-preview

WhiteJC

Bolton v Fulham

Our next game is against Fulham football club on Tuesday evening at the Macron stadium.

Having played at the Pride Park Stadium against Derby last weekend just after our midweek FA Cup replay defeat against Liverpool, we ended up with an absolute terrible defeat against the Rams and the game ended up 4-1.

With our new manager Neil Lennon now having been at our beloved club for nearly 4 months, his the honeymoon period over and is our football going to revert back to the dark days of when Dougie Freedman was manager here?

Here are the last 5 Bolton v Fulham stats to help make up your minds on the score!

Fulham 4-0 Bolton
Bolton 0-3 Fulham
Fulham 2-0 Bolton
Fulham 3-0 Bolton
Fulham 0-1 Bolton

Here are The Cottagers last 5 Championship results:

Fulham    1-1 Birmingham draw
Blackburn 2-1 Fulham loss
Fulham    3-2 Nottingham Forest win
Fulham    2-1 Reading win
Cardiff   1-0 Fulham loss

The recent history between both clubs isn't at all in Bolton's favour where BWFC have only won 1 game in the last 5 meetings and the last 5 Championship results for The Cottagers have been 2 wins, 2 losses and a draw.

I feel this is going to be a hard game to win for Bolton and I feel that we are back onto that slippery slope we were on under Dougie Freedman.

My prediction: Bolton 1-2 Fulham

How do you all feel we will do?

Author: karlypants

Come and join in the fun with our match day Chat Box along with Radio Nuts only on Bolton Nuts! 

http://www.boltonnuts.co.uk/news--views/bolton-v-fulham?

WhiteJC

Neil Lennon looks for home comforts for his off-key Wanderers

NEIL Lennon hopes back-to-back home games, starting tonight against Fulham, can reignite his Wanderers side's climb up the Championship table.

The Whites boss concedes a run of just one point from the last nine available, amidst a raft of injuries to his senior stars, has made reaching his target of the play-off places a tough ask.

But he wants his team to finish the season strongly and hopes another unbeaten run can start on home soil at the Macron Stadium.

Lennon told The Bolton News: "The play-offs might be too far out of reach now so it's important we get a run of games together that sets us up for a strong finish.

"We were beating Wolves with 30 seconds left and would have gone 12th but we didn't and now we find ourselves in 17th.

"There is obviously nothing between the teams so a couple of wins and everything is looking a lot rosier again.

"Even when we were unbeaten for a long time you were never comfortable. But we didn't get carried away with it and we are not getting carried away because we have lost a couple of games.

"We have two home games now and want to take as many points out of them as we can.

"We want to just stabilise and try to get onto an unbeaten run again."

A second successive heavy defeat on the road at Derby on Saturday has given Lennon plenty to ponder ahead of Fulham's visit tonight and he admits it is a new experience for him after dominating many of the games when he was in charge at previous club Celtic.

He added: "It's new for me in terms of recent results; conceding four at Rotherham and at Derby.

"But whenever we have had an adverse result we have bounced back very well.

"It's a big game because Fulham are there or thereabouts with us.

"It's a new challenge but it's what we have wanted. It's a test for us as a management team as well as a test for the players.

"Our form at home has been terrific. Since I came in October we have only lost one game and that was to Liverpool.

"That gives us a lot of confidence going into the game."

Lennon is likely to be without Matt Mills and Liam Trotter through injury, while David Wheater is a doubt.

But he welcomes back Neil Danns after suspension and is also expecting to have new Manchester United loanee Saidy Janko eligible a week after his arrival from Old Trafford.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/11782324._/?

WhiteJC

OVER UNDER GOALS MATCH STATISTICS

BOLTON 17TH
Bolton last kept a clean sheet at home 4 games ago.

The last 20 Bolton home matches have produced an average of 2.45 goals per game.

In their last 20 home matches against teams positioned in the bottom half of the table, Bolton have scored 1.8 goals per game and conceded 0.9 goals per game on average.

FULHAM 16TH
Fulham last kept a clean sheet away from home 4 games ago.

The last 20 Fulham away matches have produced an average of 3.65 goals per game.

In their last 20 away matches against teams positioned in the bottom half of the table, Fulham have scored 1.5 goals per game and conceded 1.6 goals per game on average.

http://www.kickoff.co.uk/matches/?match_id=45966&area=over-under-goals

WhiteJC

Team News - Bolton v Fulham

We've not had, which might be a good thing, much time to wallow in our self-pity after the heavy weekend defeat with us back in action this midweek.

Bolton are back at the Macron tonight, looking to react to the four-one defeat at Derby, with Fulham the visitors.

No fewer than nine players will be missing, Liam Trotter (thigh) and David Wheater (dead leg) were both forced off in that defeat.

They join Adam Bogdan (ankle), Emile Heskey (hamstring), Matt Mills (knee), Max Clayton (ankle), Mark Davies (knee), Craig Davies (hamstring) and Darren Pratley (hamstring) in missing out.

We do have Neil Danns (suspension) back though after his sending off against Liverpool last week.

Fulham could miss Scott Parker (illness) after he missed the weekend draw with Birmingham. Fernando Amorebieta (knee) and Tim Hoogland (hernia) could be involved along with Sean Kavanagh (knee).

A repeat of the four-nil defeat at Craven Cottage is something that we'll be keen to avoid - things are quite different now to how they were in October mind....

Read more: http://www.bolton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=388088#ixzz3RMFqhzIJ

WhiteJC

Bolton Wanderers vs Fulham: Predictions

It's that time again, Dennis tells us who he thinks will (should?) start for Bolton Wanderers, and who shouldn't. Then a few hours later Neil Lennon proves him wrong.

Unfortunately, Bolton Wanderers are still in the midst of an injury crisis.  Neil Lennon has got past the Liverpool situation, where fourteen first team players were unavailable, but he still has substantial concerns ahead of Fulham's visit to the Macron.

We all know that Max Clayton and Mark Davies are out of the rest of the season, but wait, there's more.  Adam Bogdan is still out with an ankle problem.  Hamstring injuries have sidelined Darren Pratley, Crag Davies, and Emile Heskey.  Matt Mills, Liam Trotter, and David Wheater have also been sent to the training table and won't get to add a win to the current losing record.  Th good news is that Neil Danns is back from suspension, and I can only assume he will go right into the starting XI.

All of the injuries aside, Lennon will still put out a strong side, and he will still expect to win.  Here is what I think it will look like on Tuesday:

Andy Lonergan

Josh Vela Dorian Dervite Tim Ream Dean Moxey

Liam Feeney Neil Danns Barry Bannan Zach Clough

Eidur Gudjohnsen Adam Le Fondre

And how will those lads do against the London side?  I believe they will get back to winning ways, but it won't be easy.  1-0 to the Wanderers!

http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2015/2/10/8010631/bolton-wanderers-vs-fulham-predictions

WhiteJC

Inside The Macron Stadium

Ahead of Fulham's trip to the Macron Stadium on Tuesday night (8pm), we caught up with Bolton Wanderers fan Gareth Freeman to get his take on the Trotters.

What's been your view on Bolton's season so far?

Earlier in the campaign I was genuinely worried we could be heading for League One, but that's all changed since Neil Lennon's arrival. On the whole I suppose I'd say I'm slightly disappointed as we've got a squad that should probably be challenging for a top-six spot on paper, but considering how poor we were at the start of the season I'm happy with where we are now.

Sounds like you're pleased with how Lennon has fared so far then?

Yes definitely, the best appointment we could have made. Results improved instantly after he came in and that always helps. He comes across well in interviews and you can tell how enthusiastic he is about his job. I've also been impressed with his faith in younger players like Zach Clough and Josh Vela, and his January signings were encouraging even if it is too early to pass judgement just yet. Bringing Eidur Gudjohnsen back was an absolute masterstroke as well as it gave the whole place an instant lift.

Which Bolton players have particularly impressed you this term?

That's a tough one, I'm not sure we've got a real stand out star at the moment after Lee Chung-Yong's move to Crystal Palace, and even then he didn't really hit any kind of form until Lennon arrived. Matt Mills and Darren Pratley have been pretty consistent but I think they're both missing for your visit! Liam Feeney can be a handful with his pace and Neil Danns always puts in a shift in midfield too.

Were you pleased with the additions of Eidur Gudjohnsen and Emile Heskey?

In all honesty I was a little sceptical when Heskey joined but he's proved me wrong and done well – again, I think he's ruled out for Tuesday and that's a big shame. Gudjohnsen's a club legend so it has been a pleasure to see him wearing the shirt again. He still looks top quality too and I think he'll get better and better as the season goes on.

Where do you think you'll finish the season?

We've got quite a lot of injuries at the moment but if we can get those players back quickly we should be looking up the table. A few weeks ago I was daring to dream of a Play-Off spot but right now the top half looks a realistic target and I don't see any reason why we can't finish there.

Have you seen much of Fulham this season?

Bits and bobs. You seem to have had the same sort of problems as us but Kit Symons has steadied the ship. It can take teams a bit of time to get used to the Championship after a relegation but it looks like you've weathered that particular storm.

Which of our players do you think could cause you problems on Tuesday?

Hugo Rodallega's found a bit of form lately and I think he's a decent forward on his day. I also rate Alex Kačaniklić and was a bit surprised when he went out on loan at the start of the season.

What's the best and worst thing about a trip to the Macron Stadium?

Where to start... the best thing is probably the view. You can get a good view of the pitch from anywhere in the ground, which isn't always the case in my experience of away ends. It can get a bit chilly around this time of year, though – as a new stadium it's a little exposed.

Where's a good place for Fulham fans to go for a pre-match pint?

The Beehive on Chorley New Road caters for away fans – it's about 10 minutes walk or so from the ground itself. As for whether it's any good or not I can't help there, sorry, as I've never been. It sells beer though so what more could you want?

How do you see the game going?

If memory serves we've got a terrible recent record against Fulham but hopefully we'll get our revenge for that 4-0 loss earlier this year. We've been good at home under Lennon so I'll say a Wanderers win – I'll go with 3-1.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/february/10/inside-the-macron-stadium?